Sponsored

548 R1T Registrations in March 2024? Really?

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

If I were in the market and not time constrained, I would wait on the announced refresh too.
Unless you're getting a standard pack dual motor, why wait for the refresh ?
Sponsored

André

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Sprinter, Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Finances
Unless you're getting a standard pack dual motor, why wait for the refresh ?
Because may be there is also changes to the other trims that haven’t leak yet…

Noah Arc

First Name
Noam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Contractor
Not surprising.
Great truck for towing and construction manager. Awful management!
If you are looking for an adventure vehicle get a Jeep!!!!!

Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Agree that the bed could be bigger. I do think there's a few toppers "in the works" plus an inflatable one a few folks have bought. Have you seen these?

https://www.wakeshield.biz/

Most of the other designs seem a bit more geared to camping/overlanding, than work purposes, though.
GoFast has a topper (different from the camper model) coming out later this year. But as for what is available right now - I don't think there is anything. Unless that Wakeshield (actually kind of a cross between a topper and a tonneau) is being shipped now (cursory look at that link makes me think that they are just in the process of making them).

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

GoFast has a topper (different from the camper model) coming out later this year. But as for what is available right now - I don't think there is anything. Unless that Wakeshield (actually kind of a cross between a topper and a tonneau) is being shipped now (cursory look at that link makes me think that they are just in the process of making them).
I know @LivingInKaos has built a couple toppers for the R1T. Not sure if commercially availably yet.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

I know @LivingInKaos has built a couple toppers for the R1T. Not sure if commercially availably yet.
I planned to get these out there. Right now my shop is super loaded. Lead time would be upwards of 10-12 weeks right now.

Rivian R1T R1S 548 R1T Registrations in March 2024? Really? 1716493016665-l7

Rivian R1T R1S 548 R1T Registrations in March 2024? Really? 1716493065228-z2

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

His topper looked interesting - and he indicated that he was considering manufacturing them. I think I asked to be on his update list, but never heard anything back. I got the impression that he had back-burnered making them.
The GoFast toppers look interesting, too. I think they are like $6k, which is a lot of money, especially since I (finally) have a working PTC. The GoFast toppers are expected to be ready for sale in the fall, although there could still be quite a waiting list, depending on how many people have signed up.

Sponsored

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

His topper looked interesting - and he indicated that he was considering manufacturing them. I think I asked to be on his update list, but never heard anything back. I got the impression that he had back-burnered making them.
The GoFast toppers look interesting, too. I think they are like $6k, which is a lot of money, especially since I (finally) have a working PTC. The GoFast toppers are expected to be ready for sale in the fall, although there could still be quite a waiting list, depending on how many people have signed up.
I fully expect a slowing of business here come July. It's normal in presidential election years. I will try to open up for orders here soon. I just don't like telling people it's going to be 3 months for delivery. My business has always been a 4-6 week leadtime for custom builds and it causes me a lot of strain when it's longer. What I may end up doing is just making it a couple of configurations to choose from rather than individual choice. As you can see in the first photo, there are openable windows behind the side molle's. The molle's mount on MaxTrax pins, so can go either way.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I fully expect a slowing of business here come July. It's normal in presidential election years. I will try to open up for orders here soon. I just don't like telling people it's going to be 3 months for delivery. My business has always been a 4-6 week leadtime for custom builds and it causes me a lot of strain when it's longer. What I may end up doing is just making it a couple of configurations to choose from rather than individual choice. As you can see in the first photo, there are openable windows behind the side molle's. The molle's mount on MaxTrax pins, so can go either way.
It's a nice looking unit, and without the crossbars is entirely within the slipstream of the cab. It also looks like it is designed to be strong enough to carry a tent or a substantial load of materials on the crossbars.
How is the topper connected to the bed?
I can't tell from the pictures - can the side windows open up for access to gear? My normal use case is having tool boxes and parts boxes in the back. Coming from a full size 1 ton Econoline, I have much less space (in my R1T), so the ability to greatly increase my secure storage in the bed is the number one thing I'm looking for.
What's the price range you are expecting to charge?

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

It's a nice looking unit, and without the crossbars is entirely within the slipstream of the cab. It also looks like it is designed to be strong enough to carry a tent or a substantial load of materials on the crossbars.
How is the topper connected to the bed?
I can't tell from the pictures - can the side windows open up for access to gear? My normal use case is having tool boxes and parts boxes in the back. Coming from a full size 1 ton Econoline, I have much less space (in my R1T), so the ability to greatly increase my secure storage in the bed is the number one thing I'm looking for.
What's the price range you are expecting to charge?
Definitely strong enough for most use. I put a 1000# I beam on there and drove around the block. They line up with the cross bars on the roof. You can't really tell, but my tent goes all the way to the rear cross bar on the roof. The side windows I have in the one build are 12x24 with a slider, so access isn't great that way. I also have a 12x42 option, but then you can't put the trax pins on. I'm going to look at just an access option. I am short so leaning over the side of the bed to reach in just isn't an option. The R1T bed bellows out for the wheel wells so much it's just too much. I have a bar that goes front to back on each side with a J hook to clamp to the bed using the cross bar locations. Taking it off and on is pretty easy. Made from 1/8" aluminum. It's fairly light. I've put it on myself from a set of saw horses, but definitely no sweat with a spouse on one side.

Biturbowned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Model Y, ‘22 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
How many R1S? that will be the more popular one.

F150 is for truck people who do light truck stuff, Home depot, work a farm , haul short distance
Cybertruck is fancy toy, that is a "truck" the same way the Model S/3 are sports cars
The R1t is the luxury car with a short bed for those who love the idea of going off-roading, but likely never do, and want a pick-up but the F150 is too big.
😎
Sponsored