First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
That would be nice if Apple open sourced some of their developed software for other auto manufactures to use
Similarly, Apple has shown their prowess in ARM processor design. It's conceivable that they developed custom automotive silicon during the Titan project and may want to sell or license that technology.
Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

srkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
It’s just Siri integration you guys…

Amazon was supposed to help with Alexa integration and they obviously didn’t as evidenced by the fact that it sounds like Microsoft Sam and doesn’t work for shit most of the time.

When I hear “Apple and Rivian” I think Siri, text messaging, Apple Watch as a Key, and entertainment apps, not 50 billion dollar corporate buyout lol.

Ramfamnh

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Work
The partnership has already begun behind the scenes - the R2/3/3x oversized haptic scroll wheels are clearly from Apple lol.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The partnership has already begun behind the scenes - the R2/3/3x oversized haptic scroll wheels are clearly from Apple lol.
Ha ha.

In all seriousness though, RJ mentioned to my wife and I at the Mill Valley event back in January 2020 that they were already exploring haptics.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Ha ha.

In all seriousness though, RJ mentioned to my wife and I at the Mill Valley event back in January 2020 that they were already exploring haptics.
My concern is always - "Just because you CAN implement a technology does not mean you SHOULD." I think most of us generally agree that Rivian should not have implemented the automated vent positioning (difficult to adjust while driving) or the power tonneau (an application which has an inherent high probability of failure).

srkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I think most of us generally agree that Rivian should not have implemented the automated vent positioning (difficult to adjust while driving)
Disagree, because most people only adjust their vents once and then leave them there. People who adjust their vents frequently also don’t use ‘Auto’ mode and they’re a dying breed. (Just put it in auto and leave it alone seriously.) The only thing they failed on with the vents was not saving them to the driver profile (and that they slowly lose their position over time but that seems more like a bug than anything.)

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

It’s just Siri integration you guys…

Amazon was supposed to help with Alexa integration and they obviously didn’t as evidenced by the fact that it sounds like Microsoft Sam and doesn’t work for shit most of the time.

When I hear “Apple and Rivian” I think Siri, text messaging, Apple Watch as a Key, and entertainment apps, not 50 billion dollar corporate buyout lol.
I don’t think anyone was really thinking buyout when we heard partnership (at least I didn’t). But, I don’t think Apple Watch as a Key, text messaging, etc warrants a full blown partnership to implement. Siri, maybe. I’d welcome that since Alexa sucks.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Disagree, because most people only adjust their vents once and then leave them there. People who adjust their vents frequently also don’t use ‘Auto’ mode and they’re a dying breed. (Just put it in auto and leave it alone seriously.) The only thing they failed on with the vents was not saving them to the driver profile (and that they slowly lose their position over time but that seems more like a bug than anything.)
I am happy (for you) that "Auto" A/C works so well that you never have to change or adjust it. Not my experience.
Sponsored

Last edited: