First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Seeing the fine work that @RWerksman has been doing, I was inspired to create a center console organizer. It's a series of three trays with the top two designed to be removable. The center console has a slight "v" shape which allows the top tray to be about 20mm longer while still leaving room for me to remove it by grabbing the front.

I'm not 100% satisfied (is any maker ever?), but I'll live with it for a while and see how it goes. I may add more organization in the top two trays in V2.

A couple of specifics
  • Printed in PETG, using most of a new spool to print three trays
  • Tray heights
    • Bottom - 134mm (to end up right below the USB C ports)
    • Middle - 80mm
    • Top - 70mm
    • This leaves about 6mm of space between the top tray and the lid
  • Tray L x W
    • Bottom and middle - 154mm x 164mm
    • Top - 175mm x 164mm
  • The top and middle trays have a 2mm thick inset extension to help with stacking (see picture below)
  • The top tray has a change holder and a place to store cards
  • There is room for the USB C cables
  • I need to find something to put on the bottom of each tray to keep stuff from sliding around
  • PETG is a PITA, though I'm new to 3D printing within the last 3 months
  • Printing time for me (i3 Mega S) was around 24-30 hours per tray
All designed in Sketchup Make 2017. Printables link to STL files

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4633

1st tray removed and 2nd tray visible
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4634

2nd tray removed and 3rd tray visible
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4635

Here is all three removed from the center console. The bottom tray would normally never come out. I tried printing legs with a border on top to receive the middle tray instead of a complete bottom tray but it was not sturdy enough.
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4636

I did not remove the flexible insert at the bottom. There is plenty of room for the USB C cables to plug in and feed through the cable passageways
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4637

Closeup of how the top two trays stack on top of the one below
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4638

Prototypes and testing!
Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files IMG_4639

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files Sketchu

Edited to switch link from Thingiverse to Printables. I cannot get Thingiverse to show my models when searching or in my profile.
Sponsored

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Nicely done. I only see one potential problem. If you clip your fingernails in your truck you will never capture all those nail clippings… they will be everywhere!

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Print Center Console Organizer - installed photos & design files B916FC77-C618-4B34-A10E-552CDA5E4EF1

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I'm confused by what those small metal disks next to the credit card slot are used for. Is it some sort of self defense mechanism that can be used to deflect attackers?

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2002 Audi B5 S4 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Operations at Vermont Compost Company
This is awesome! I had this one for my Tacoma. Maybe you could try making a similar arrangement for the bottom area with this top caddy/organizer on top of a multi-compartment bottom section?

I'm struggling to explain the concept, but I could see dividers like the one I linked better utilizing the space and only requiring the removal of the top organizer to access, rather than having two trays to remove to get to the bottom.

Sponsored

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

onesoil

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
As for something to keep stuff from sliding around, you could try pouring liquid silicone used for mold making. It would also dampen the coin/card slots, which might help with any rattling that might happen on bumpy roads.

Liquid Silicone

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Nice work! This is awesome. Could you share the STL files with me? Thank you!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Nice work! This is awesome. Could you share the STL files with me? Thank you!
If you make one, I would love to see it in person. The concept is solid.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
If the STL files could be posted for that, it would be extremely helpful.

Just an FYI - that's going to be really, really difficult to print, mainly from a time perspective. My ongoing design is more lightweight.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Last edited:
OP
OP

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
If the STL files could be posted for that, it would be extremely helpful.

Just an FYI - that's going to be really, really difficult to print, mainly from a time perspective. My ongoing design is more lightweight.
I look forward to seeing what you design. I agree that the printing times and material usage for my design aren't ideal. I'm interested to see what others come up with.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I look forward to seeing what you design. I agree that the printing times and material usage for my design aren't ideal. I'm interested to see what others come up with.
BTW - I love what you've done, please don't get me wrong. :) Putting something like this together is much more difficult and time consuming than people think. Hell, just getting that long print to actually come out useable is a victory unto itself. PETG can be a stringy sonofabitch.

Thanks so much for posting the STL files as well. The more of us who do that, the better off all of us will be.

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
I'm confused by what those small metal disks next to the credit card slot are used for. Is it some sort of self defense mechanism that can be used to deflect attackers?
Exactly. But only for us Allomancers.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5