Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Actually saw those afterwards(and 23zero) do kinda do what I was saying - the only thing is I really wanted them to hang from the roof not the back(or either/or would be nice) Anyone tried hanging a 270 from the roof? I realize it will cover the bed in the back instead.
It would get in the way of the tent, and not super interested in putting the tent over the cab.

Best photo I can find of what it looks like back there from last year. Don't have anything on the truck right now since I'm still working out my sliding bed storage.
Rivian R1T R1S 270 Awnings on R1T - Whatcha got? 1678397181677
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
It would get in the way of the tent, and not super interested in putting the tent over the cab.

Best photo I can find of what it looks like back there from last year. Don't have anything on the truck right now since I'm still working out my sliding bed storage.
1678397181677.png
but would it work for someone without the tent?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

but would it work for someone without the tent?
It'd physically work. I don't know if you could slide it back far enough on the roof rails to get coverage behind the tailgate.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
It'd physically work. I don't know if you could slide it back far enough on the roof rails to get coverage behind the tailgate.
Yeah I was thinking more of like keeping stuff in the bed shaded, deciding if I would rather just get a smaller 180 or have the versatility of the 270

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What range impact are folks seeing with the awning on the roof? I just ordered the OVS 180 that I plan to bring on a roadtrip in a couple weeks. Wanted the 270, but since I have no immediate plans to get a raised bed rack, the 180 made the most sense.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

What range impact are folks seeing with the awning on the roof? I just ordered the OVS 180 that I plan to bring on a roadtrip in a couple weeks. Wanted the 270, but since I have no immediate plans to get a raised bed rack, the 180 made the most sense.
Anecdotally I didn't see any impact from mine. In fact last summer on a day trip up to N Wisconsin I was on track to get 300 miles of range in conserve on the 20s.
Sponsored