Sponsored

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
I understand reading is hard. That's not at all what I said, I said ...The inventory on Rivian turns multiple times per day.. they list what they have in going thru the factory. This will not change.
You don’t retool a factory to continue building the prior model; whatever the ‘refresh’ actually is, is what is currently rolling off the factory now, thus it will either be for sale soon or Rivian won’t be selling R1S’s all summer since current stock of pre-shutdown R1S inventory is extremely low
Sponsored

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I understand reading is hard. That's not at all what I said, I said ...The inventory on Rivian turns multiple times per day.. they list what they have in going thru the factory. This will not change.

I'm suggesting that the changes, AS STATED ON THE COVER OF THE EPA FILING, are for 2025 model year, My guess is that you won't see these changes implemented until vehicles that will be delivered in or after September depending on existing inventory and build up of new components inventory.

1716393840622-8a.png

While I agree with you entirely, there's one thing that makes me doubt this logic. Rivian has been emphatic that by the end of the year they will be making money on their cars...waiting until September to deliver cars that are 'making money' doesn't align with that timing, it just makes it too tight

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
Time will tell, they have an investor call at the end of June. That will likely give a better timeline. Things like the battery pack and other parts that come from all over the world but mostly Asia, those things are usually in transit for up to 3 months. So regardless of what they physically have in the factory there may be additional stuff in the pipeline they need to burn through.
Also possible they will sell refreshed vehicles incorporating other changes but not these new batteries yet. (Perhaps that’s what you are saying.)

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

All pre-order holders needed to take delivery by September, SO I assume that after that is when these will start production. I have no regret getting a standard+ Pack without the heat-pump.
Production has already started. Not sure why any of you think pre-order holders are some big hangup for Rivian's entire 2024 production. There just aren't that many of us left AND it's better for Rivian margin to sell a lower margin vehicle at full MSRP rather than a voucher holder.

edman007

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CY R1S
Clubs

Also possible they will sell refreshed vehicles incorporating other changes but not these new batteries yet. (Perhaps that’s what you are saying.)
Not just possible, they definitely have more changes.

The EPA data leaked is ONLY standard pack dual. They haven't published the info for large/max pack. I think a new battery for all is the primary thing in the refresh.

Also, the old Standard/Standard+ was a SW locked large, and I think they've always said it would actually be LFP (so they did it to judge demand most likely and get it out sooner). So I think this info is the new, real LFP pack. They will then come out with a new large/max pack (Not LFP) and tri and/or quad, that info hasn't been announced yet.

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

I'm suggesting that the changes, AS STATED ON THE COVER OF THE EPA FILING, are for 2025 model year, My guess is that you won't see these changes implemented until vehicles that will be delivered in or after September depending on existing inventory and build up of new components inventory.

1716393840622-8a.png
As pointed out, a manufacturer can start producing next model year on January 4th of the prior year, by law. So 2025 model year means between now and.... 2025

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Zero chance, it's zero chance. The online inventory is a snap shot of completed shop work orders (built) or a nearly completed.

As I'm writing this, there's well over 100 R1Ts and 8 R1S in the shop right now for order, they need to compete QC testing of actual production "refresh" and burn thru parts inventory.

I'm confident that these changes will no be implemented until 2025 model year, with September/October being the real delivery date. Maybe you can order in like August. I doubt much sooner.
I thought the quarterly said the sell rate was about 1400 units a month. The shit down began with 2800 in inventory and was 1400 at the time of the call. They won’t last until September.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

As pointed out, a manufacturer can start producing next model year on January 4th of the prior year, by law. So 2025 model year means between now and.... 2025
Yes I know that, I'm sure they are using the new tools, improved process and likely new minor components.. you won't see an LFP or heat pump in a model 2024. I'd assume they would need to file that with the EPA if they did. I'm sticking with model year 25s with these changes being September or later. Well find out June 27th I guess

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I thought the quarterly said the sell rate was about 1400 units a month. The shit down began with 2800 in inventory and was 1400 at the time of the call. They won’t last until September.
Finished goods inventory or parts inventory? You're discounting the supply chain for any raw material inventory that may still be in transit.

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Finished goods inventory or parts inventory? You're discounting the supply chain for any raw material inventory that may still be in transit.
This is also discounting the fact that the shutdown was planned well in advance. I would assume Rivian is competent enough to order things ahead of actual need, taking into account transit times & thus have the required supply on hand when Normal reopened. Honestly it makes way less sense to hodge podge builds with a mix of parts after a planned shutdown.

Sponsored

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

Yes I know that, I'm sure they are using the new tools, improved process and likely new minor components.. you won't see an LFP or heat pump in a model 2024. I'd assume they would need to file that with the EPA if they did. I'm sticking with model year 25s with these changes being September or later. Well find out June 27th I guess
They do not need to file a heat pump with the EPA....

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

They do not need to file a heat pump with the EPA....
They would for the battery change. Is there any confirmation that heat pump is coming to NMC battery packs?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'm seeing the 20" Defenders for about $300 installed at CostCo so I figure when (if) released the 21" shouldn't be that much more. I think that $400 figure floating around is a high estimate. I guess we'll see.
Pepboy and other places has it at 375. 400 would be on the high side.

Rivian Head

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Physician
Nice to have a heat pump, otherwise minor stuffs changes only. It would take 800v architecture, rear steering, better ride quality at low speed over broken pavements and FSD licensing to sell bunch of these. Otherwise it won’t sell