Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Still waiting on media features like Youtube, Netflix, etc. That would make media playback on the rear screen somewhat more useful.
Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

No great shakes, but I'm glad that Rivian is sticking with the regular updates. Each step improves the system.

Brian

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I do appreciate the consistent updates... but come on Rivian.. you literally mentioned last summer about streaming options coming and what my wife wants the most.. cameras being activated when using blinkers. How are these things not released yet. You have a 360 degree view you can do, with cameras in the back while you drive.. but not cameras for blinkers..

jerschmidt82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
"Rear vent and seat heat controls"

Am I missing something or are they adding ventilation to the rear seats?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

"Rear vent and seat heat controls"

Am I missing something or are they adding ventilation to the rear seats?
Two separate items. You can control the airflow to the rear seats. And you can activate the seat heaters.

Sponsored

RedRaiderRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T - Canyon Red
Yeah we will see about the charge scores work out, I don't really use the route planner in the Rivian I just navigate charger to charger. I would hope their is come granularity to it, separating functionality of the chargers, speed and usage.
I am hoping this is a step towards also optimizing cost on a trip. I am willing to spend five extra minutes at a slightly slower charger if it is 50% less cost. This would also force companies like EVgo to compete on cost since pricing would be much more transparent.

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Man, you all are hard to please! The rear display features were mentioned multiple times during the latest Rivian Responds, yet many here are complaining that this month's progress either wasn't enough or that they changed the rear display at all!

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Man, you all are hard to please! The rear display features were mentioned multiple times during the latest Rivian Responds, yet many here are complaining that this month's progress either wasn't enough or that they changed the rear display at all!
I think it's because there are so many varying wants, by so many people. Can't please everyone, all the time.

I, for one, have been waiting on infotainment options as mentioned earlier in the thread. They have been working on them for nearly 18 months now.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Many of us don't need or want limo controls, but there are probably plenty that would want to be able to stream video to it. The "navigation trip progress" is interesting but if I'm navigating to a charger it doesn't truly answer the "are we there yet?" question, and just sounds like text and not a navigable map.

At least this shows Rivian is trying to do something with the display. But it's not confidence inspiring that it'll suit my uses. Good is often looked at as being the enemy of perfect.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I don't see any more complaining on this thread than pretty much any thread about anything Rivian is offering or changing... welcome to the interweb..

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I’m hoping they manage to sneak in something extra. Still wondering what happened to the nav planning with trailer options that was in the early notes last time, then disappeared in the final release. Fingers crossed that feature makes it soon. And yes, there are a lot of other things on my wishlist but realize that every release can’t win our wishlist bingo.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We R1ers need to grab all the updates we can get while the getting is good. Once the R2 hits and Rivian sells a million of them, R1's, and everything to do with them, will quickly fade into history.

Brian

DoubleTake

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Military
Small update but I’m happy there is an update. Anything that makes my truck better I’ll take and won’t complain 👍

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
well.. that is a bust.... and the reason why I didn't leak out any info from the version of 2024.11.00 I saw in my neighbors R1. It was supposed to have the blindspot camera view, which I even have video of. I sent him an email just now to ask what happened to that feature. Everything else from Riviantrackr seems about right.
Sponsored