Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I’m still waiting :(

Wonder the reason why it can’t go out to everyone.
Release is done in randomly assigned batches to steadily monitor for anomalies and rolling back if need be. That way if something goes wrong they can stop and revise the software rather than bricking the entire fleet. The randomness is critical to not correlate software changes with other factors.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Am I imagining things, or did this update dramatically fix the clunkiness/amount of play in the suspension? Across all drive modes and stiffness settings, I'm not getting any of the clunking I would get at low speed. There's one bump in particular on my street that always gives me a small clunk and now it seems gone?

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't know how they did it but the suspension is a whole lot better (and the last suspension update was also great). Soft feels like you are on a cloud when on the road and much better at parking lot speeds over speed bumps and the like.
This is exactly what I'm noticing too. Somehow they adjusted the damping and rebound to remove the clunkiness!

bdwalters

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Hardware Engineer
The new widget is super cool. It’s a great feature. I’m still really liking the moderate drive setting. It’s a good balance for the crap roads in my area.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

So how do you adjust the steering wheel without adjusting the seat? My steering wheel always gets a little screwed up with accidentally hitting the garage steering wheel button during the roomy entry/exit so I sometimes adjust on the fly between calibrations. That used to be on the “Vehicle” page. I looked quickly in setting but couldn’t find how to make that window appear without moving the seat to force it to appear.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So how do you adjust the steering wheel without adjusting the seat? My steering wheel always gets a little screwed up with accidentally hitting the garage steering wheel button during the roomy entry/exit so I sometimes adjust on the fly between calibrations. That used to be on the “Vehicle” page. I looked quickly in setting but couldn’t find how to make that window appear without moving the seat to force it to appear.
Press your username.

Riv893628

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Hyundai Ioniq 5
Updated failed to install for me but I have the new pop out feature so it must have partially worked. I'm getting an error though saying it failed and to contact support. They told me it's drivable but the team is off Monday for the holiday so I probably won't hear back until Tuesday and they will try to reset it I guess.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Am I imagining things, or did this update dramatically fix the clunkiness/amount of play in the suspension? Across all drive modes and stiffness settings, I'm not getting any of the clunking I would get at low speed. There's one bump in particular on my street that always gives me a small clunk and now it seems gone?
100% agree. came here to see if others were noticing it. I’ve always thought the R1T suspension made the weirdest clunks when hitting minor bumps in pavement. This seems very improved while also feeling less floaty in my opinion. This is all super subjective and tough to describe. But I agree it’s better.

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
This is exactly what I'm noticing too. Somehow they adjusted the damping and rebound to remove the clunkiness!
Is this a sound that kind of sounds like a loose suspension component in the rear? I always get it going over larger bumps that make the back articulate more. Funny thing is I rotated my tires yesterday and it seems to have quieted it down, or maybe it was the update….. It’s still there but not near as bad.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

This is the first time I’ve gotten this alert on my phone. Charging at work, telling me to move to be polite after I hit my “full limit”.

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.03.02 Software Update: Quick Control Shortcuts, Improved Soft Sand Mode, New Ride Feel Setting, Etc. IMG_7725

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I've received every update so far on the day of release, but i have not seen this one yet either. Seems a little odd.
I’m the opposite. All my previous updates came a week to 10 days after the initial release. i got this one on around day 3. I think they randomize the release timing.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
This is the first time I’ve gotten this alert on my phone. Charging at work, telling me to move to be polite after I hit my “full limit”.

IMG_7725.png
I wish they’d send this regularly, even when charging at home, at least the first sentence. It would be nice to know the status of my charging session.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is this a sound that kind of sounds like a loose suspension component in the rear? I always get it going over larger bumps that make the back articulate more. Funny thing is I rotated my tires yesterday and it seems to have quieted it down, or maybe it was the update….. It’s still there but not near as bad.
Mine was in the front, but yes as you describe -- a clunk similar to a loose ball joint or something.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

IMG_7725.png
This is new in the latest update.
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG