Sponsored

2023.10.1 Killed my speakers...but a hard reset fixed it.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Just a heads up, I updated last night, and when I got in the car this morning I was greeted by the audio sounding terrible. Sounded like only 1 speaker was on in the back left and it was all bass. Radio, spotify, calls, everything sounded like that. Good news is, I got on the phone with support and after a soft and hard reset, everything worked fine.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That’s good the reset worked. I was worried someone may have replaced your Meridian system with the Rivian one while you were asleep.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

That’s good the reset worked. I was worried someone may have replaced your Meridian system with the Rivian one while you were asleep.
Maybe that's Rivian's angle. Make meridian sound worse in future updates so their system sounds better.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

R1TY

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Cyber Security
Just a heads up, I updated last night, and when I got in the car this morning I was greeted by the audio sounding terrible. Sounded like only 1 speaker was on in the back left and it was all bass. Radio, spotify, calls, everything sounded like that. Good news is, I got on the phone with support and after a soft and hard reset, everything worked fine.
This happend to me a few updates ago and it turns out that I was connected to the Bluetooth camp speaker. Once I disconected the bluetooth camp speaker, regular speakers came back on.

Sponsored

SciGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T quad, large pack, 20ATs; 2012 Acura TSX
That genuinely made me LOL. thank you for making my day.

Sbraab

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '17 BMW 330 GT, '07 Audi A3
Clubs

I had the same problem before the update and mine was fixed by a simple sleep cycle. It sounded to me like the all the amps except the sub were powered off. Bummed to know this is still an issue.

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

My speakers (well, all of the speakers except for the subwoofer) shut off a few weeks ago while we were on a road trip. No software update, no other issues, just all of a sudden, nothing but bass.

Fix was the same, though, a soft reboot fixed it all (no hard reboot needed).

While they may be annoying, it's nice to know that a soft or hard reboot seems to fix most issues.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

This just happened to me afer a DCFC charge. Prior to charging, everything was fine. After charging, it sounds like a cheap BT speaker playing from the gear tunnel. Soft reset didn't fix it and I'm mid trip so I'll have to see if a sleep cycle or hard reset will fix it tonight.

First attempt to charge resulted in a "failed connection" so I'm wondering if that introduced some sort of software glitch that put the sound system on the fritz.

OP
OP
NashvilleR1S

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Mine did it again literally yesterday! Sleep cycle fixed it. First time hard reset fixed it, but just make sure to call rivian to have them talk you through the hard reset.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine did it today too. Hard reset fixed it. Not as bad as chop chop, but more of a pain to fix....needing a full reset or sleep cycle.
Sponsored