Sbraab

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '17 BMW 330 GT, '07 Audi A3
Clubs

We took the T on our first road trip this weekend and overall it did great. The one really odd problem we had was after a DCFC stop. When I got back in after charging it sounded like only the subwoofer was turned on. There was no audio coming of the main speakers, just a low muffled bit of sounds coming from the backseat. No music, not turn signal, no nav directions. I tried messing with with the volume and muting but that didn't help. We changed sources, and even did an infotainment reset with no luck. I wanted to get to our destination so we we hit the road listening to phone audio. (in hindsight, we should have used the camp speaker) When we got to our destination, we did a semi-intentional sleep reset and it worked fine after. My hour and a half fear that it was a 12v problem seemed unfounded.

Anyone else seen this issue? I contacted Rivian earlier today and they just "made a note on my account."

I don't think we did much different than usual. We pulled into the EA station in Bedford, PA and all 4 stations were in use plus 2 cars waiting. We hung out and chatted with folks who were curious about the truck before getting to charge. I also ran into Sheetz while my son waited in the car. We had been listening to SiriusXM via bluetooth.
Sponsored

RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yep, happened to me a couple months ago. Came out to the truck one morning to find it that way on the drive to work: blinker sound, navigation, music, all gone, save for the muffled subwoofer output.

Fixed itself after a sleep reset.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
This exact thing happened to me yesterday. Got back in the truck after plugging in at DCFC and all sounds we're completely muffled like we were only getting bass.

Tried fiddling with sound settings to no avail.

Finished the last hour and a half of our trip without audio.

The one sound that seemed normal was the chime for engaging cruise control.

Haven't gotten back in the truck yet to see if is working again.
Sponsored