Sponsored

2022.47.0 software update installed w/ SNOW MODE!

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
"When Gear Guard video is disabled, overnight range loss can be reduced by up to 20%"
I'm looking forward to this 20% less promise. Gear Guard is just a disappointment.
Sponsored

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

A minor but appreciated update for me is being able to set “home” based on current location instead of entering an address. My house is far enough (1/4 mile) from what gps recognizes as the street address that the truck never recognized it was at “home” when in my garage until this update.
I agree! My address doesn't match the map so this is a great feature...however, does anyone have this issue: When I ask Alexa to "navigate to home" she takes me to work and when I "navigate to work" she takes me home.

TDStudio

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Artist
I didn't get the notice that an update was available but when I went to vehicle settings on the screen and looked in the update tab I was able to access it. Truck is updating now. I don't know if this will work for others.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I agree! My address doesn't match the map so this is a great feature...however, does anyone have this issue: When I ask Alexa to "navigate to home" she takes me to work and when I "navigate to work" she takes me home.
You'll be glad to hear this :giggle: - from now on just go home when you want to go to work. ;)

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Updated last night and went out for a spin on the snowy/icy MN roads right after. Very much improved driving dynamics. Mainly noticed the "Low" re-gen and muted throttle response. Thinking twice about the need for dedicated snow tires now. Thanks Rivian!!
This is awesome news. Let us know how things go the next 4 days. Sounds like we're going to get hammered in MN.

Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
There was some talk of range improvements in this update.

Mine went from 193 to 195 miles in AP mode at 69 (noice) SoC in the garage. About what I expected, if there were to be any improvements. Minor but I'll take it!

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
RIVIAN really needs to give us Soft, Firm, and Stiff. Soft and Stiff are not enough for 7200 lbs vehicles.
I seem to go from soft to stiff immediately upon entry. No time for a 'firm' mode in these pants 😆

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I seem to go from soft to stiff immediately upon entry. No time for a 'firm' mode in these pants 😆
Your wife would appreciate the Firm mode upon exit. :giggle:

MooneyPilot

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
I'm looking forward to this 20% less promise. Gear Guard is just a disappointment.
Must be if triggered a lot or different VINs for consumption?
I thought 5% for 60 hours in the cold with gear guard on wasn’t too bad. Only triggered 3 times though. Xmas will be a test, overnight in the teens.😬 Luckily I’m flying to LAS and LAX

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And if there was Christmas mode offered, it can be turned off for those that dont celebrate.
And if there's not christmas mode, we're all* happy!

*Except the people that are never happy.

Sponsored

Beachbum

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Installed yesterday, range went from 205 to 206. Max range for each mode did not change (293, 270, 267).
What is the "Reset" button (bottom left corner) for on Drive Mode screen? In what scenario would I hit this?

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Installed yesterday, range went from 205 to 206. Max range for each mode did not change (293, 270, 267).
What is the "Reset" button (bottom left corner) for on Drive Mode screen? In what scenario would I hit this?
Supposedly the range estimates are adjusted automatically based on your driving style. I don't believe this has been implemented because mine are identical to yours, and have never changed, but some people have said theirs have. The reset button would reset those values back to their default (un-learn your driving history and start again).

I also adjusted 2 miles on the install (no change in SOC%), with the same "max range" values as before. Figure the adjustment is just a recalculation of the battery and there is no range change unless I see something that confirms it.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Will be interesting if over time this does provide for more range because it is capturing more power.

If anyone has been traveling in mountains and or towing that have reported regen not performing over long downhill stretches, would be interested if this fixes or improves that.

This was the update note;

Improved battery longevity, battery durability, and regenerative braking performance. Also enhanced regen availability, and you can use regen for longer durations.
  • NOTE: Regen performance may be reduced at lower ambient temperatures

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Supposedly the range estimates are adjusted automatically based on your driving style. I don't believe this has been implemented because mine are identical to yours, and have never changed, but some people have said theirs have. The reset button would reset those values back to their default (un-learn your driving history and start again).

I also adjusted 2 miles on the install (no change in SOC%), with the same "max range" values as before. Figure the adjustment is just a recalculation of the battery and there is no range change unless I see something that confirms it.
I had this as a service ticket item. Service claimed to have issued a software update to fix it and it's still never changed. I also think that it's strictly based off config and nothing else.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Not that they are 100% reliable - but chat just confirmed that the updated range in the configurator is just a change to the EPA estimate, not to the trucks. Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere to any different resolution.
Sponsored