Sponsored

2018 & 2019 R1S Pre-orders still waiting for delivery

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, 22 R1T, 22 R1S
Escalate with CS, demand some details on why you’re still waiting. Ask for shop access. Something isn’t right.
I'm not sure about that. Yes, I've seen people with later orders than me get their R1S before me. But I also see people who ordered before me still waiting. Maybe it's the specific build configuration that I have. Maybe it's the factory PPF I ordered. Maybe it's the exterior color (Midnight). I haven't see anyone with my specific combination, on a later order, get their R1S. I guess maybe it's happened though.

It's mildly frustrating (mostly just the lack of useful information and blatant disinterest from my guide), but I'm not in THAT big of a hurry. I already have an R1T and the R1S is for my wife, who loves the car she's driving. The longer we wait, hopefully, the cleaner the build quality will be.
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I'm not sure about that. Yes, I've seen people with later orders than me get their R1S before me. But I also see people who ordered before me still waiting. Maybe it's the specific build configuration that I have. Maybe it's the factory PPF I ordered. Maybe it's the exterior color (Midnight). I haven't see anyone with my specific combination, on a later order, get their R1S. I guess maybe it's happened though.

It's mildly frustrating (mostly just the lack of useful information and blatant disinterest from my guide), but I'm not in THAT big of a hurry. I already have an R1T and the R1S is for my wife, who loves the car she's driving. The longer we wait, hopefully, the cleaner the build quality will be.
I was just suggesting that some reservation holders of your vintage seem to have been offered shop access with willingness to be flexible on spec to accelerate delivery.

-0-----0-

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser
8/12/19 Preorder.....R1S Adventure (Wanted LE but originally wanted 5 seater w/ black 20s). Close to Plymouth, MI as well.

White
BM interior
20" Black Wheels

March/April 23 updated estimate.

Really hoping this hits....I'm about 1+ Year past due for my 11 year old FJ Cruiser (Great, but ready to retire it).

MTStuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Toyota Tundra
I have been watching/reading this forum for years but finally making my first post. I am curious to hear what other super long (2018 &2019) R1S pre-orders have for current delivery times. I know the Ocean Coast interior has been the major factor for my delivery delay here in AZ. I am 6 minutes from the Rivian service center here, haven't changed my configuration ever and with a Feb 2019 pre order I am quite frustrated in the "magical algorithm".

Mainly looking to hear if everyone else with these insane waits are also waiting on Ocean Coast interior. I see some people with 2021 pre-orders already getting their R1S(congrats btw) but almost all are Black Mountain interior.
Two preorders for R1S and R1T in September 2019. Was red, now el cap, but always with black interior. I live in Montana and was just given a new delivery window of July-Dec. 2014. Yes, if they hit the middle of the window I will have waited five years. What's crazy is that they've delivered two R1T's to my town and I believe there's a new R1S around, yet they keep telling me at Customer Service that "it must be because you live in Montana." They can't keep their story straight and I can't get a vehicle!

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

No proof, but I would guess factory PPF is at least part of the issue. I'm a 12/2019 LE and had partial PPF in my config. When I spoke to my guide a few weeks ago, she said she wasn't aware of any PPF configs being delivered yet. While on that call, she found my exact config without the PPF, and was able to assign me a VIN on that same call. I'll find a local installer for my PPF needs. If the factory PPF isn't a top priority for you, I would encourage you to talk to your guide and see if there is a vehicle available that matches your config ex PPF.
Sponsored