Sponsored

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
I saw someone comment that the Rivian website said their ZIP is not eligible for delivery; too far away. This is the first I've heard of this tool on the site (sorry if I'm late to the party). But for me, if I'm logged in and try to configure a NEW R1T, I'm asked what my ZIP code is. I'm then either told I'm too far away, or allowed to proceed.

In order to try multiple zips after putting in a successful one, you need to clear your cache and cookies for rivian.com and try again.

After some trial and error, I have confirmed that a zip code precisely 200.97 miles away from the nearest service center is allowed.

ZIP 97497 → Rivian Service Center, 2620 SW 1st Ave, Portland, OR 97201

Rivian R1T R1S 200 miles (by flight) from closest Service Center is the confirmed Delivery Eligibility Area 1694102921188
Rivian R1T R1S 200 miles (by flight) from closest Service Center is the confirmed Delivery Eligibility Area 1694103002916

___

However using the next ZIP code to the south (209 miles), delivery is not eligible.

ZIP 97526 → Rivian Service Center, 2620 SW 1st Ave, Portland, OR 97201

Rivian R1T R1S 200 miles (by flight) from closest Service Center is the confirmed Delivery Eligibility Area 1694103156813
Rivian R1T R1S 200 miles (by flight) from closest Service Center is the confirmed Delivery Eligibility Area 1694103033799
Sponsored

hayduke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting analysis. How are you calculating the "location" of a ZIP code given it represents an area? I think my zip code is 30-40 miles across.

Did you try any other service centers to confirm your hypothesis?

OP
OP
MrMusAddict

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
Interesting analysis. How are you calculating the "location" of a ZIP code given it represents an area? I think my zip code is 30-40 miles across.

Did you try any other service centers to confirm your hypothesis?
Just did another one.

Casper WY (223 miles from Denver) is ineligible. But Glendo WY (190 miles from Denver) is eligible.

EDIT: I'm just plugging in various ZIP codes, and essentially using where Google places the pip, which I believe is the geometric center of the shape. So not sure if Rivian is using the center, or the closest edge and just greenlighting the whole ZIP. They also might just be "yellow-lighting" the ZIP, and then will green/red-light your true eligibility based on your actual address - I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hyperspacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van, Hatchback
Are you talking about about free delivery? Or do you mean they wont deliver the vehicle at all, even if you pay the $1000?

OP
OP
MrMusAddict

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
Are you talking about about free delivery? Or do you mean they wont deliver the vehicle at all, even if you pay the $1000?
From my personal experience, at all. I've already configured by truck - I placed my order in March 2022. I have received delivery estimates each round since they started, and I was supposed to get it delivered June-July 2023. This most recent update, I don't have an estimate.

I am personally JUST BARELY outside of this 200 mile range from all of the closest service centers. Customer Service told me last week that I was too far away for them to even consider delivering as an option. But at that time it was speculative. Today, I just discovered this ZIP eligibility tool which appears to confirm it.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Nice work @MrMusAddict !!

Do you happen to know the new password for the old RIDE menu of hidden features 😁

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I just went in an checked my area. I'm 111 miles from my SC. Won't let me configure, but I got my truck 4 weeks ago. So maybe SC capacity is another factor?

OP
OP
MrMusAddict

MrMusAddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analyst
I just went in an checked my area. I'm 111 miles from my SC. Won't let me configure, but I got my truck 4 weeks ago. So maybe SC capacity is another factor?
That is likely. I did briefly see a page that said something like "Limited availability in ZIP #####", but that only popped up while the page was trying to refresh when I was clearing my cache. I haven't gotten it to show up when plugging in a real ZIP. But that suggests that the site (and likely their backend) does have measures to limit availability by capacity.

So it's perhaps most accurate to say that "200 miles is the maximum range"

Sponsored

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
This seems to coincide with the dearth of deliveries for South Carolina and the Florida Panhandle. I'm a bit shocked that New Orleans is outside of the range. And, yes, I know this isn't a cut-and-dry 100% accurate analysis, but very cool, nonetheless. Thanks for this!

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
And to add some more information i was a early reservation ( vin is 269*) and fall in between 2 of the bubbles. My brother in law is currently trying to get a truck now and they are telling him the same information that we are not in the range but the Rochester, NY location is supposed be open SOON and that can change it.

Early bird gets the worm in this scenario

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am forever impressed with this forum.

Wentworth

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Silverado 1500, ‘22 i-Pace
Occupation
Stay at home parent, former airline pilot
Oh, wow. I saw “Max Delivery” and got way too excited.
Sponsored