Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars AB5DE1EF-8B08-4361-BA0F-2D4ECFA5E79C

we ended up with these too after our Thule racks were not working for carrying above the bed. Large and medium 29ers fit, definitely have the racks biased towards the rear but they do not stick out further than the rear-most point of the truck.
Sponsored

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

AB5DE1EF-8B08-4361-BA0F-2D4ECFA5E79C.jpeg

we ended up with these too after our Thule racks were not working for carrying above the bed. Large and medium 29ers fit, definitely have the racks biased towards the rear but they do not stick out further than the rear-most point of the truck.
Nice! Looks good! Those are the flush mounts right?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Add me in the 1Up roof rack camp. I'm completely satisfied. Quality product and a reasonable price. The only downside is the bike is pretty high and I can't pull into my garage with it on the truck... But all things considered, this is the best way to carry bikes with a R1T, imo.

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars IMG_4012

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Nice! Looks good! Those are the flush mounts right?
They are. They fit nicely. I don’t know about the other attachment method (and their site warns you about this in advance) but it is only attached with some Allen bolts, so easy to remove, especially since you can slide in and out of the Rivian crossbars without fully unscrewing the bolts. Nice for quick removal but not too secure.

These were also their bargain garage models, I’d rate one a 9/10 and the other a 7/10, looks like a year of two or use as a demo model. Worth it to me to save some cash.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
very cool. Thanks! I do have the 1UP hitch racks, but the hitch extender I had to get makes it more wobbly, and backup cameras/sensors go nuts, so I wanted to try the bed rack option. I would guess the hitch rack is better for range, but not positive about that.
Anecdotally, yes, hitch rack is slightly better for range (at least with only one bike). I did a road trip with an RTT and bike on the 1UP Equip-D hitch rack and noticed zero range impact; with two bikes on the bed rack, I notice a slight (maybe 5-10%?) hit. Way better than the 30-40% I'm used to with bikes on my Model 3/Y hitch.

I'm a bit surprised folks had trouble with the Equip-D on the hitch rack without an extender. I had no issue (using 1UP's locking hitch pin, which is thinner than most). I've used it both standalone (no extender) and on a Kuat Pivot V2 swingout with no issues.

Before swingout:
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1660165284753

After swingout:
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 1660165315981

Sponsored

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Anecdotally, yes, hitch rack is slightly better for range (at least with only one bike). I did a road trip with an RTT and bike on the 1UP Equip-D hitch rack and noticed zero range impact; with two bikes on the bed rack, I notice a slight (maybe 5-10%?) hit. Way better than the 30-40% I'm used to with bikes on my Model 3/Y hitch.

I'm a bit surprised folks had trouble with the Equip-D on the hitch rack without an extender. I had no issue (using 1UP's locking hitch pin, which is thinner than most). I've used it both standalone (no extender) and on a Kuat Pivot V2 swingout with no issues.

Before swingout:
1660165284753.png

After swingout:
1660165315981.png
Oh, I see. I have the Heavy Duty Double so perhaps the hitch is longer on Equip-D?

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
When I see these pics of the MTB's mounted everywhere , except in the bed, I do think the R1T is not the best MTB vehicle (for my needs) - or at least not as good as I thought it would be when I reserved mine 3 years ago. Still early times, but hoping a simpler MTB mounting solution presents. The bed is just so small that bikes dont fit - so they are mounted up above the bed... making me wonder, why have a bed. Maybe R1S with its huge flat floor cargo area is better. Just throw a bike inside - clean, dry, secure... no $1000 rack system needed. Just my humble opinion...

huskybrewing

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

Does anyone have experience with the 1up Recon rack on the R1T? Looking into it for camping trips when we want to take five bikes with us.

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
When I see these pics of the MTB's mounted everywhere , except in the bed, I do think the R1T is not the best MTB vehicle (for my needs) - or at least not as good as I thought it would be when I reserved mine 3 years ago. Still early times, but hoping a simpler MTB mounting solution presents. The bed is just so small that bikes dont fit - so they are mounted up above the bed... making me wonder, why have a bed. Maybe R1S with its huge flat floor cargo area is better. Just throw a bike inside - clean, dry, secure... no $1000 rack system needed. Just my humble opinion...
I use a tailgate pad so I can get in and out of my garage with the bike on. Works great. There's lots of solutions.

Sponsored

JJM305

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Finance
I use a tailgate pad so I can get in and out of my garage with the bike on. Works great. There's lots of solutions.
I am also using the Race Face T2 size S/M tailgate pad and have had three size L 29ers on there with no issues. Takes a minute to get the pad in the right spot but overall it's great. I leave it on if I'm riding consecutive days otherwise throw it in the gear tunnel. Takes under 2 minutes to put back on the truck. Does interfere with the rear sensors when the bike wheels are down there but cameras still work so no issues backing up.

JJM305

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Finance
This is my setup for 5 bikes, 4 on cross bars and 1 (my 8 year olds bike) inside bed.
20220812_101006.jpg

20220812_101021.jpg
Can you fit size L 29er bikes on there? Our bikes are about 75 inches tip to tip. Nice color on your truck I have the same. Those 1up racks are amazing.

FW/TAC RIT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I don't have a 29er to test but the rack flush mount is on a track so you can move it even further back. Largest bike I have (green Orbea) is 70"
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 20220812_171019
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 20220812_170950
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 20220812_170940
Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars 20220812_170927

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Can you fit size L 29er bikes on there? Our bikes are about 75 inches tip to tip. Nice color on your truck I have the same. Those 1up racks are amazing.
I have carried two XL 29ers on mine no problem. You can move the 1up rack back and forth on the crossbars to make sure you have clearance at the cab.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

AB5DE1EF-8B08-4361-BA0F-2D4ECFA5E79C.jpeg

Which bolt size option on the 1Up cross bar mount do we order? (lazy I know)

Rivian R1T R1S 1up rack fitment on bed crossbars IMG20220817165757
Sponsored