1EV R1T Running Boards Installed

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
We have ordered ours but have not received them yet. Thanks for the tip on the 4" hole installation. After reviewing the YouTubes, that is the way that we are leaning. Also, thanks for letting us know about their 4" hole saw. We will make other arrangements. By the way, do they include a torx 55 bit?

We are also looking at grommets.

Brian
yes, the torx 55 bit is included. You do need to print out the template though. They do not put any instructions in there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swflor

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

I have the R1s and two of the 4 inches hole that made are in the same area as the rear jack point. Is the R1T the same? If it is, how did you fit the grommet?
The Jack points for me did not interfere. The last holes I drilled are maybe 1” from the Jack point cover. Once the grommet was installed, I had maybe 1/4-1/2” from that cover. I do t have a picture of that hole but I can try and get one.

I may be helping a guy with an R1S install his later this week or next…I can see how those line up and provide feedback. The S has 3 mount points vs 4 on the T.

Rivian R1T R1S 1EV R1T Running Boards Installed IMG_4311

Rivian R1T R1S 1EV R1T Running Boards Installed IMG_4308

Rivian R1T R1S 1EV R1T Running Boards Installed IMG_4309

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
The Jack points for me did not interfere. The last holes I drilled are maybe 1” from the Jack point cover. Once the grommet was installed, I had maybe 1/4-1/2” from that cover. I do t have a picture of that hole but I can try and get one.

I may be helping a guy with an R1S install his later this week or next…I can see how those line up and provide feedback. The S has 3 mount points vs 4 on the T.

IMG_4311.jpeg

IMG_4308.jpeg

IMG_4309.jpeg

Yeap. one of the hole is overlapping with the jack point in the R1S on each side.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs

Just ordered some running boards, but they’re back ordered right now. Is the only point in drilling such a large hole is that you don’t have to remove the plastic panels to perform the install?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Just ordered some running boards, but they’re back ordered right now. Is the only point in drilling such a large hole is that you don’t have to remove the plastic panels to perform the install?
Yes.

Sponsored

Iatros786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, 997 Turbo, Q7
Clubs

Hey going to be tackling this project this weekend... any luck getting pics of the other side during install?

I used a small pair of tin snipes….marked where the edge had to be cut to allow for the bracket then slowly cut a slit until I was happy with the way it looked.

each one is custom cut. There is no make one, then cut them all as your holes may be slightly off center of the bracket.

Small flat head screwdriver to peel back, then push the inside lip behind the plastic.

I can take some pics tomorrow..I only had time for 1 side today…so as I do the others I can send a few more pictures.

OP
OP
swflor

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Hey going to be tackling this project this weekend... any luck getting pics of the other side during install?
These are the additional pictures I got.
There are spacer tabs built into the plastic pieces to create a gap between the plaster and the frame. See pic with the scissors pointing to it. I clipped back as much as I could to allow the grommet to seat properly.

Rivian R1T R1S 1EV R1T Running Boards Installed IMG_4309

Rivian R1T R1S 1EV R1T Running Boards Installed IMG_4311

Rivian R1T R1S 1EV R1T Running Boards Installed IMG_4308

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

Yeap. one of the hole is overlapping with the jack point in the R1S on each side.
How did you deal with the overlapping? I don’t have my running boards yet, but I’m debating whether to go with the 4” hole method or spending more time to remove the panels and cut the slots. If the overlap is problematic with the 4” hole method, I guess that will make my decision for me.

OP
OP
swflor

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

I may be installing a set of these next week for a local guy with an S. I can let you know how I end up doing and provide pics.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
How did you deal with the overlapping? I don’t have my running boards yet, but I’m debating whether to go with the 4” hole method or spending more time to remove the panels and cut the slots. If the overlap is problematic with the 4” hole method, I guess that will make my decision for me.
I use grolilla tape to cover the majority of the hole and expose the jack point. It is not the prettiest thing, but I have no plan to look underneath that area.

Sponsored

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

I may be installing a set of these next week for a local guy with an S. I can let you know how I end up doing and provide pics.
That would be great and much appreciated! Thanks.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
That would be great and much appreciated! Thanks.
If you go the T slot route vs the 4” holes, something to keep in mind and I learned the semi-hard way:

On the printed templates, the rear shows an L cutout but it’s definitely also a T (just add ~3/4” to make the L a T). Also the rear cutout overall is slightly off, just move the entire template over ~1/2” so that you’re just barely cutting into the jack hole cover.

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

If you go the T slot route vs the 4” holes, something to keep in mind and I learned the semi-hard way:

On the printed templates, the rear shows an L cutout but it’s definitely also a T (just add ~3/4” to make the L a T). Also the rear cutout overall is slightly off, just move the entire template over ~1/2” so that you’re just barely cutting into the jack hole cover.
Good to know and thanks for the heads up! I’m starting to think the 4” hole is the way to go and then just cover it like @swflor did, assuming the grommets can be used on the R1S given the jack hole positioning.

mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

Did you end up doing this install? If so, any pics?

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 2022 Ford Lightning, Daiharsu Mira, Ranger
Clubs