Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Do you think it would work for us to put our RecTeq RT340 pellet smoker in our R1S so we can have pork butt for dinner after a full day of driving? :CWL:
If it was a T you could put it in the bed but I'd advise against hot boxing with a smoker. Now, you could hook up a toaster oven and cook yourself a pizza or get a crockpot and whoop up some carnitas.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
If it was a T you could put it in the bed but I'd advise against hot boxing with a smoker. Now, you could hook up a toaster oven and cook yourself a pizza or get a crockpot and whoop up some carnitas.
Buzz kill! :) Seriously though, please use some brain cells and don't run a smoker in an enclosed space! Once you get to your destination, smoke away using those 120V outlets to get power to your pellet smoker, which should be sitting a reasonable distance away from your vehicle cabin.

I also don't recommend a toaster oven while in motion. Seems like that's just begging to start a carbeque!

Alchemy8279

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Mazda MX-5
Occupation
Middle Management
I use it all the time. When I drive, I plug my portable charger in with the 110V adapter cord to that outlet and run it out the passenger window to the charge port. Perpetual motion!

I didn't know it was there either, but now have a place for my kids to easily charge their laptops.

sillyME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aztek
Just don't tell Sandy about this new discover:movember:

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
I'm willing to bet everyone surprised by this were among the recent order "lottery winners" that got their truck after a very short wait. Those of us that waited 2 years and obsessed over every rumor and detail on the forums and Rivian's website knew about this and probably a few other things that are surprises to some.

I have only used it once or twice that I can recall. Once for a rear passenger's ipad. The positioning under the console is kind of a pain. Our Fords that had them were the same way. I guess there is something in the manufacturing process that makes someone's life easier to install them underneath instead of putting them on the side making every owner's life easier to actually use them.
Or may be people reserve it and forget about it till the 8 step email. Most even have multiple reservations. I had for CT and Rivian.

In our family, none of cars were bought purely based on what internet says. Made a list, test drove it and bought it. It was exactly the same with Rivian. And also why we did not buy Model S in 2017.
Sponsored

Last edited: