First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Ok.. I’ve had my R1T for a year now - VIN in the 2400’s.. and I thought I knew everything about this truck. Until today.

Did you know there’s a 110V outlet in the back seat area under the HVAC control screen?!?!

Rivian R1T R1S 110V outlet inside the cab (under rear HVAC control screen)! IMG_4760
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Ok.. I’ve had my R1T for a year now - VIN in the 2400’s.. and I thought I knew everything about this truck. Until today.

Did you know there’s a 110V outlet in the back seat area under the HVAC control screen?!?!

IMG_4760.jpeg
Yeah, it's awesome and like you say, something I feel most don't realize is there.

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
Nice! Still there in later VINs or did they get rid of that too?

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I had no clue about this! I’ve had my truck for 7 months now!

Sponsored

LaxRN

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
Occupation
RN
It’s there. I just got my truck yesterday and I have it. Haven’t tried to use it yet. Even after spending so much time reading about the truck I never heard any mention of this.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Nice! Still there in later VINs or did they get rid of that too?
I don't think they have taken the 120V outlets out anywhere in any vehicle. Technically you could still use the gear tunnel one in the cab but...

EileenB

First Name
Eileen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla YLR, Toyota Tacoma TRD 4WD
Occupation
Educator

IMG_4760.jpeg
Nice! that could come in very useful. Does anyone know if the R1S had it too? I wish they still had the 12V in the front trunk. Does anyone know when they discontinued installing them? I have R1T on order but waiting for the max pac battery on it. I am getting into the R1S shop so hopefully will get one sooner than later.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Guilty, 9 months in, no clue that was there. I've literally complained about no 110 outlets in the cab. 🤦‍♂️ Now I can plug in my laptop when working from the truck. Sweet

Rivncoaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Nice! that could come in very useful. Does anyone know if the R1S had it too? I wish they still had the 12V in the front trunk. Does anyone know when they discontinued installing them? I have R1T on order but waiting for the max pac battery on it. I am getting into the R1S shop so hopefully will get one sooner than later.
Yes. R1S has it.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm willing to bet everyone surprised by this were among the recent order "lottery winners" that got their truck after a very short wait. Those of us that waited 2 years and obsessed over every rumor and detail on the forums and Rivian's website knew about this and probably a few other things that are surprises to some.

I have only used it once or twice that I can recall. Once for a rear passenger's ipad. The positioning under the console is kind of a pain. Our Fords that had them were the same way. I guess there is something in the manufacturing process that makes someone's life easier to install them underneath instead of putting them on the side making every owner's life easier to actually use them.
Sponsored