Sponsored

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
I’m a 2019 preorder on an R1S. Launch green with forest edge and 20” AT. Haven’t changed my config since last year. We have a service center open in our city, and others have receive delivery of R1S already in my city and with more recent preorders. I was told June-July 2022 in Nov 2021, then told Oct-Dec 2022 in June 2022. I’ve repeatedly inquired if there’s anything I can adjust with my configuration to get delivery sooner and was told as recently as last week that I was still on track for Oct-Dec. NOPE. I’m now Feb-March 2023. I’ve been loyal, never canceled after the price increase, always defending the company, bought the IPO. But now I’m just not sure i can keep taking these hits. WTH Rivian?!
Sponsored

Chiqaine

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2018 Audi S6, 2014 Triumph Bonneville SE
Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 1666993773128

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
Yep… hard seeing T’s all around. Seen an S here and there locally, too. Even got my R1S First Mile test drive two weeks ago and sliver of excitement… Bitter pill again. Hoping that the delays are for good cause and that the end product will be that much better.

Should get some sort of 4yr badge for the window when it shows up.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

All sorts of bad news out of Rivian with this and the Max Pack email. Once again Rivian is failing on communicating with customers.

ATX_R1S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 4runner
I’m a 2019 preorder on an R1S. Launch green with forest edge and 20” AT. Haven’t changed my config since last year. We have a service center open in our city, and others have receive delivery of R1S already in my city and with more recent preorders. I was told June-July 2022 in Nov 2021, then told Oct-Dec 2022 in June 2022. I’ve repeatedly inquired if there’s anything I can adjust with my configuration to get delivery sooner and was told as recently as last week that I was still on track for Oct-Dec. NOPE. I’m now Feb-March 2023. I’ve been loyal, never canceled after the price increase, always defending the company, bought the IPO. But now I’m just not sure i can keep taking these hits. WTH Rivian?!
Are we twins???

Hayden123982

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Honda CRV
Originally was told Oct to Dec 2022. Now Jan or Feb of 2023. Not too bad, but I really was hoping for before winter sets in bigtime.
I did get to do a ride with one of the locals (we have at least 5 around me) and it was great. Can't wait, but i, like an idiot, sold my Bolt thinking I could tough it out on my bicycle. At 61 I am not as good with that morning cold as I use to be. Looking around now for a beater car to use for 3 or 4 months.

truck.png
Is your address listed as New Mexico in the configurator? Is there any SC near you?

Titanium91352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Design Engineeer
Back in april I filled out the Purchase Authorization for my R1S. Then they pulled the plug on it saying they would go to employees only. Few months later I got my estimate of July Sept delivery window. After that blew by they said the new delivery window is October to December. Here we are end of October with a new delivery window of Feb-March 2023. That puts them roughly 4 years and 4 months since I placed my order. The only consistent behavior of Rivian is their inability to hit any estimated target date in four years. I was at the service center recently with a swarm of Rivian employees with smiles and ipads to greet you.I looked at the R1S and politely asked, if I placed an order today, realistically when can I expect delivery if I ordered today. He smiled and said we are running about eight months to a year for delivery. They should remove all the sales, demos, guide positions and replace them with hands on workers that build the product. The vehicle doesn't need a person with a smile to sell the fact it is a great vehicle. It doesn't need a guide to help you through configuration or purchase. I don't need a marketing person to pump me up about the Adventure of Rivian. With every manufacturer looming on the horizon with every best selling ICE model looking to convert to Electric, they should have only one goal, to hit their estimated delivery targets and have integrity in their build. How they feel good about the fact they have been able to push the estimate delivery for every reservation order with a smile is disappointing. The company integrity and reputation is clear after four years, Rivian has no idea when they will be able to deliver on their orders and spend millions on sugar coating that message to its customers. If the progression of the Ford Lightning which was introduced in 5/21 and went into production 4/22 is an indicator for mainstream manufacturers taking an existing product into the EV market, when Rivian hits its stride they will find they talked too much and did too little to compete.

R1Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Order # 1476

EEC19E49-B781-45A7-9048-EB1FDC541B42.jpeg
Same boat as you…
11/27/2018 Reservation, never canceled.
LG/FE/20”AT… haven’t messed with config in ages..
April-May 2022 delayed to Oct-Dec 2022 delayed to Feb-Mar 2023.
Guide assigned April 2022.
Was really not expecting another delay.,

Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 6A7F878A-6462-49A2-9804-312E389A5946

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

3/15/21 pre-order. Reading through all these delivery updates, I'll consider myself fortunate. Definitely not making any config changes. I do live only 4 miles from the Austin SC, maybe that has helped not to get pushed out of my original 1h '23 estimate.
1666993698661.png
Lottery winner

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

greyhatninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Rivian R1T R1S 🔮 Estimated Delivery Date Window is LIVE! What’s Yours?! 🔮 F15D68AB-96C5-401A-BB8F-7EA26EA5AE7A

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Is your address listed as New Mexico in the configurator? Is there any SC near you?
Nothing but Mobile service for all of New Mexico. I have property in a neighbor state.

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I haven't been able to read through all 19 pages of replies but my father-in-law got his r1 t in early June and we live in the exact same place. But now they're saying they don't want to deliver R1S s until there's a service center nearby. Evidently that's not a problem for r1t's. Or did they decide that it was too expensive to have people too far from the service centers? Our our nearest service center is Phoenix which is about 4 hours away. We both ordered in November 2019.
Sponsored