First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
NYers prepare for your Brooklyn SC to be even more overwhelmed.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I'd like to see one of these in Northern Virginia. Back when Tesla had storefronts, they had one right in the mall here (the fancy mall in Tysons, not the ghetto mall near me, LOL). Lucid has a storefront there, as well.

Sponsored

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

I'd like to see one of these in Northern Virginia. Back when Tesla had storefronts, they had one right in the mall here (the fancy mall in Tysons, not the ghetto mall near me, LOL). Lucid has a storefront there, as well.
Tesla had one in Short Hills mall near me. That got replaced by Polestar and now Lucid had a store front in there too

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I think we'll see one in DC eventually. The Lucid store in Tysons is nice, but I don't think a "mall" fits the Rivian Brand.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
If you already have your Rivian, any reason to go to this place? I guess they have some stuff from the Gear Shop. Any other reason?

someallenguy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don' think it can get any worse. My appointment was 3 months away and they've now had truck for (checks notes) 23 days for relatively minor things.
If my R1S has any issues, I'm debating on waiting until Edison is open Q1-ish of next year to get them resolved.

C12farmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE vehicles
Not sure why Rivian keeps opening these urban hubs. I guess this location could get some eyeballs on the brand, but not really. Better to open a tiny storefront on time square. This may be my west coast perception of Manhattan.

These urban hubs are also a terrible place to do first drives for Rivian vehicle. All stop and go driving. It's not possible to highlight all the things Rivian's excel at. People who never did one pedal driving before will spend effort trying to prevent everyone from getting car sick going from one stoplight to the next. Not the best way to experience a Rivian for the first time.

I did first drive at the Venice hub and was not that impressed with the test drive experience. Mostly sitting at stoplights and driving from stop sign to stop sign. I can imagine doing the same in Manhattan with about 20X worse traffic.

For those of you who can relate, remember when you went car shopping at a dealership. Did you want to go the tiny dealership in the middle of dense urban downtown, with only a few cars to look at and terrible test driving experience. Or did you want to go to the dealership out in the suburbs with acres of cars in every trim and color, and miles of open road and freeway to blast down?

Sponsored

dougiec68

First Name
dougie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2023
i took first drive at venice hub. we drove on busier streets and quiter streets. guide also took us on the marina fwy which included some very fast acceleration and performance opportunities. maybe it depends on your guide, but mine allowed full throttle, so to speak! love my Riv!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I got invited to the grand opening, but don't see the point really. They have a SC in Brooklyn. What we need are SCs not in the city.
I got an email invite too.. at minimum a 2hr drive, with traffic 3hrs.... pass!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I miss this internal trip calculating from my time in NY years ago. Anything more than a 30 minute drive or easy train ride from our crappy apartment in Brooklyn was a hard pass - too much trouble. I salute you, New Yorkers🫡

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Got the invite...tolls, parking and meals will easily eclipse 200ish bucks. Not sure I would take the family and go...it would be nice to answer questions for potential Rivian buyers but not sure if it's worth the cost.
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy