Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Something threw it off on the track so it turned crooked. I tried to fix it but I need like Thor’s hammer or something lol. I’ll let Rivian take care of it :)
Cool deal. If you don't mind, please let us know the details of the repair.
Sponsored

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Awesome! Thanks!! Tom Petty was right, the waiting is the hardest part ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Uncertain but I started inspecting and can’t access behind the bed. I just know it misaligned and it threw off the slats.
Thanks! Unrelated, but if you filter by RAN in the map, do any stations show up online anywhere yet?

Have you noticed an OBDII port?

Tanuki68

First Name
WS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Tesla Y, Ridgeline, 91’ Miata
Occupation
Director of Education for Wall Street firm
I have reservations for the R1T (October 2021 so maybe 50k-ish), Lightening (first 3000) and CyberTruck (first 1000). The R1T is my favorite overall but we are a Tesla family and I can only imagine how i would grow very tired of the attention a a Cybertruck would bring. Are you getting mobbed everywhere or mostly just gathering attention from us EV nerds?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I have reservations for the R1T (October 2021 so maybe 50k-ish), Lightening (first 3000) and CyberTruck (first 1000). The R1T is my favorite overall but we are a Tesla family and I can only imagine how i would grow very tired of the attention a a Cybertruck would bring. Are you getting mobbed everywhere or mostly just gathering attention from us EV nerds?
obviously not the owner, but we had people come up and ask about the R1T during our mobile drive when it was parked in the far back of a safeway parking lot facing *away* from the store, at night, in the rain. I was honestly surprised it was recognized from the back. The Rivian employee said that he plans 15 minutes on either end of test drives for people to bug him basically. lol.

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
For those who don’t want to go through all the pages of the other thread.

Jeff, I thank you for the video but please reconfirm about the amount weight the tunnel doors carry. I have heard in a previous clips from other people as 250 lbs. Look forward your upcoming videos and please if you can make them a team fashion rather than jumping from one point to another one that it is not related.

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Jeff, I thank you for the video but please reconfirm about the amount weight the tunnel doors carry. I have heard in a previous clips from other people as 250 lbs. Look forward your upcoming videos and please if you can make them a team fashion rather than jumping from one point to another one that it is not related.
Page 119 of the Owner's Manual from November 22 states "The maximum static load capacity is 250 lbs (110 kg) for each Gear Tunnel door."

I guess it's better to have your bathroom scale set to pounds instead of kg since 110 kg is only 242 pounds. You get a little extra weight capacity if you load the gear tunnel doors using pounds instead of regular kilograms. :)

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is a reconfirmation necessary? This isn't a professional media person, it's very likely he meant 250lbs like the manual and others have indicated but said 300lbs. I'll take the extra 50lbs but I'll also forgive the guy taking time out of his day posting videos about a vehicle to be viewed primarily by enthusiasts who already know every specification.

Last edited:

R1Tr8000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘99 SLK230, 22 Sequoia, 17 GLE43, 14 CnAm SxS
Occupation
Aerospace retired
For those who don’t want to go through all the pages of the other thread.

Thanks very, very much for everything you are doing for all of us on this forum. Highly appreciated!

My most important concern is the automatic tonneau cover. I previously have questioned Rivian CS about various aspects..but they only rarely provided any direct answers. So..

1) It now seems correct that there is no user access to the tonneau mechanism for cleaning and servicing, lubrication, etc. Please let us know if you learn anything different.

2) Do you know if the tonneau can be opened just a little to allow a power cord to protrude out..and then be locked in this position and the tailgate also locked up..to keep items inside the bed secure and dry? ( I am planning to use a solar type generator from inside the bed area..and need to keep it safe from rain and prying eyes)

3) Would you mind measuring the height available inside / underneath the tonneau cover to the bed surface? I want to confirm for real what I have been told or seen on the website…thanks.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays! ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Is a reconfirmation necessary? This isn't a professional media person, it's very likely he meant 250lbs like the manual and others have indicated but said 300lbs. I'll take the extra 50lbs but I'll also forgive the guy taking time out of his day posting videos about a vehicle to be viewed primarily by enthusiasts who already know every specification.
Thanks dude. So looking at the in car manual 250 Lb. Static weight. Let’s just say I have tested the 300 and it works fine for a short duration LOL.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks very, very much for everything you are doing for all of us on this forum. Highly appreciated!

My most important concern is the automatic tonneau cover. I previously have questioned Rivian CS about various aspects..but they only rarely provided any direct answers. So..

1) It now seems correct that there is no user access to the tonneau mechanism for cleaning and servicing, lubrication, etc. Please let us know if you learn anything different.

2) Do you know if the tonneau can be opened just a little to allow a power cord to protrude out..and then be locked in this position and the tailgate also locked up..to keep items inside the bed secure and dry? ( I am planning to use a solar type generator from inside the bed area..and need to keep it safe from rain and prying eyes)

3) Would you mind measuring the height available inside / underneath the tonneau cover to the bed surface? I want to confirm for real what I have been told or seen on the website…thanks.

Thanks again, and Happy Holidays! ?
I think there is access to it I just don’t want to mess with it.

You can pause the cover at any point in the sequence.

I will… get back to you on the measurement piece.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
random question, what is the lowest degree you can set the temperature with the climate controls. I noticed you stopped at 65, is that the lowest before it kicks into "low" and blasts pure AC?

sadly that's one of the things I hate about all newer cars. I want to control the air temperature coming out of the vents, not have a temperature set point that is constricted by some random value and measured at god knows where in the cabin.

Main issue is the winter, where setting it to the lowest of 65 blasts air straight from the depths of hell. Then I'm stuck constantly toggling the climate controls on and off, because 65 is way too hot in the winter for driving (then turning it off fogs up the windows).

My Ram at least goes to 60, my prius is stuck at 65.
It goes to 60 and then LO. I know exactly what you are saying and I think it’s not too bad at all. I run hot and keep it at 65 and fan 1. It doesn’t blast and worst case— put it to your feet or point the air away.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who is Jeff? Also, what is a team fashion?
Sponsored