First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Thanks for posting the video and answering all of our questions....

Curious if you've had success placing your phone on the shelf (to right of driver) and had it succesfully charge? If so, what kind of phone and what kind of case do you have?

I'm trying to figure out if my phone with standard Otter case will allow the phone to charge on that charging shelf.
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

The good news is the cyber truck isn't a real product yet, just a concept car. By the time they actually produce it (if they do), there will be so many other electric trucks on the road nobody will care!
uhhh, i doubt that.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
@Iwantatesla I never owned an EV so forgive me if the question sounds stupid in anyway. Can you tell me if R1T has a coasting mode so Regen is not used when you lift your foot off the go pedal and only used when you use the break? In other words, how would you minimize the use of regen in R1T?
The R1T I drove did not have the ability to turn regen off, therefore, no, there is not a coasting mode.

• Sad
Reactions: Max

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The R1T I drove did not have the ability to turn regen off, therefore, no, there is not a coasting mode.
I don't remember where I read it, so take it with a grain of salt, but they did have that and had to disable it because the coasting option reduced the EPA rating.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
So I am assuming break pedal always works like an ICE break pedal. Right?

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I don't remember where I read it, so take it with a grain of salt, but they did have that and had to disable it because the coasting option reduced the EPA rating.
curious why it lowered EPA. My assumption is there are inefficiencies for the energy going from battery to the wheels and inefficiencies going from wheel to the battery. Coasting should reduce unnecessary round trip for some of that energy. Unless Rivian coasting means no regen at all (not using the first half of break pedal for regen)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
curious why it lowered EPA. My assumption is there are inefficiencies for the energy going from battery to the wheels and inefficiencies going from wheel to the battery. Coasting should reduce unnecessary round trip for some of that energy. Unless Rivian coasting means no regen at all (not using the first half of break pedal for regen)
I was wondering the same thing. They don't have a blended regen+break pedal, so your guess is the same as mine.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering the same thing. They don't have a blended regen+break pedal, so your guess is the same as mine.
My take was the R1T at Agua Dolce had the same brake pedal behavior as my Tesla Model S which is no different than an ICE break pedal.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So I am assuming break pedal always works like an ICE break pedal. Right?
Yes but, in my 45 min behind the wheel, I only touched it once...

Edit: Actually, I don't know. It could be blended, but it felt like a traditional braking action to me, even though the regen slowing force was still acting upon the truck.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Edit: Actually, I don't know. It could be blended, but it felt like a traditional braking action to me, even though the regen slowing force was still acting upon the truck.
It's just a break pedal. It's not blended. Both from my drive experience and some document floating around somewhere.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My take was the R1T at Agua Dolce had the same brake pedal behavior as my Tesla Model S which is no different than an ICE break pedal.
Exactly.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Max regen is very strong On the R1T. The lower regen setting on the R1T feels stronger than the max on my Model S.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Max regen is very strong On the R1T. The lower regen setting on the R1T feels stronger than the max on my Model S.
Did you ever try it on conserve mode (two motor operation)?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did you ever try it on conserve mode (two motor operation)?
No, that was not one of the modes I used. They had a course setup and was doing specific modes, not a lot of opportunity to try other things.

It was good to test the off road stuff but if I had a chance to do it again, probably better to have them come to the house for a normal test drive.
Sponsored