Sponsored

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
If you know where to park in Laguna Beach, it's not a problem at all. Just need to walk few blocks.
Would this be at the large-ish lot to the north where they hold their farmers market?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Would this be at the large-ish lot to the north where they hold their farmers market?
Here's the site for Laguna Beach parking.

https://www.lagunabeachcity.net/live-here/parking-and-transportation/parking/public-parking-lots#!/

It also looks like if you charge at a ChargePoint inside one of the lots ($2/hr -- which is pretty reasonable), then parking is free.

Electric Charging Vehicles
Users must register with ChargePoint before leaving home. Then, rates are $2/hour to charge a vehicle for up to four hours. Electric vehicles do NOT have to purchase a separate parking pass from the pay station while parked at an electric vehicle charging station.​

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Here's the site for Laguna Beach parking.

https://www.lagunabeachcity.net/live-here/parking-and-transportation/parking/public-parking-lots#!/

It also looks like if you charge at a ChargePoint inside one of the lots ($2/hr -- which is pretty reasonable), then parking is free.

Electric Charging Vehicles
Users must register with ChargePoint before leaving home. Then, rates are $2/hour to charge a vehicle for up to four hours. Electric vehicles do NOT have to purchase a separate parking pass from the pay station while parked at an electric vehicle charging station.​
Good luck finding open charger, unless late at night. Life in SoCal. :)

OP
OP
Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Good luck finding open charger, unless late at night. Life in SoCal. :)
Well, right now .. 11:31AM on a Saturday, there are several open chargers. It's off season, so I'd say that you'd be OK on a weekday, just before lunch. In the summer, I agree, forget it.

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Any of you folks going to the Saturday morning event? Might bring the kiddo and some Matchbox R1Ts to give out. Might have him rock his R1S Halloween costume to get some more mileage out of it.

Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Any of you folks going to the Saturday morning event? Might bring the kiddo and some Matchbox R1Ts to give out. Might have him rock his R1S Halloween costume to get some more mileage out of it.
Bring the Kiddo, Employees, owners, and potential owners will love that!

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
All else being equal, I’d prefer they spend their capital on another service center or RAN station.
They are equal. Neither can take precedence over the other. Chicken or the egg. Both are vital for egg and chicken production.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
The Rivian Stories post makes me think this space is soft open already ahead of the Saturday event. The website also doesn’t seem to indicate that Saturday is strictly invite-only. Unless I missed something. Them doing movie screenings here sounds amazing. They’ll also be conducting tide pool visits across the street. So cool!

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
The Rivian Stories post makes me think this space is soft open already ahead of the Saturday event. The website also doesn’t seem to indicate that Saturday is strictly invite-only. Unless I missed something. Them doing movie screenings here sounds amazing. They’ll also be conducting tide pool visits across the street. So cool!
There is an event for Friday night on the rivian website but u had to register to get access. I think it’s a waitlist now. I believe I’ve space officially opens on Saturday at 10AM.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I RSVP'D just so I can go down and complain that it's not a new service center.

I get that these Hubs might pull in customers, but to keep customers, they need to build out service 5x to these hubs.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
There is an event for Friday night on the rivian website but u had to register to get access. I think it’s a waitlist now. I believe I’ve space officially opens on Saturday at 10AM.
Yeah thanks. Looking at things again I believe there’s the private event Friday night and then a one hour “early access event” Sat morning right before a public opening at the usual 10am time. I may cruise down there to check it out. Again, I’m ridiculously overly excited about this space.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Yeah thanks. Looking at things again I believe there’s the private event Friday night and then a one hour “early access event” Sat morning right before a public opening at the usual 10am time. I may cruise down there to check it out. Again, I’m ridiculously overly excited about this space.
Come down. I am also excited on the opening and am coming from Oregon!

OP
OP
Tim-in-CA

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Looks like Rivian is starting to host various events at the Laguna Space and utilizing the theater portion. Just got this email. Probably only being sent to those in the So Cal area ....

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Reopens 1930s Theatre in Laguna Beach CA as First Flagship Retail Location Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 3.11.05 PM
Sponsored