First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Thanks for those pics... Was looking for pics of what those floor mats looked like in the truck..
Sponsored

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premier
Occupation
Systems Exec
Have you tried putting the covers back on just to see what it looks like now after the powder coating? I would love to see pictures if you do.

I know there is a big debate regarding the benefit of the covers, but Rivian didn't make them because they look good. Aerodynamic resistance increases exponentially with speed, so if you don't see an impact with them off, it is probably because you are not driving fast enough. At 80 mph, I would be shocked if they didn't measurably improve range.
I did not put it back for a few reasons. 1) I've heard the aero covers actually can scratch the wheels, so didn't want to do that with the newly powder coated wheels. 2) The aero cover have the silver with yellow accent logo in the middle, wouldn't really go with the all black/yellow look. I would have to somehow figure out how to make the center of the cover black, etc. 3) It's a challenge just to get the center caps out. When I took them out to spray paint them black originally, it bent them a bit, so given the fragility, I'm not sure I want to do that again. 4) I really prefer the coverless look. The yellow calipers are so nice looking to cover them up. I know I may lose a bit of range, but I'm willing to forgo that to be a bit vain ;)

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
So yellow compasses on the center caps were colored with a yellow Sharpie? Did I read that correctly? Did you do the same with the valve stem caps?
Not exactly. I got the 4 replacement center caps from Abstract Ocean with the yellow logos https://abstractocean.com/products/wheel-center-caps-for-r1t-r1s?variant=42036196442285

But it's actually dark gray. Since my wheels were now black, I blue taped the yellow logos and spray-painted the outside of the logo glossy black to match the wheels. For the inside dark gray lines inside the logo afterwards, I used black sharpie, because there was no way to easily spray that part.

For the caps I got the yellow plastic valve stem caps on Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CCXQ9V8Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Sponsored

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
Nice solution to the Carplay and cam problems, but this is a 2023 vehicle!... ugh
1) Trust me, I’ve gone down that train of thought multiple times and back scratching my head. It's probably been five years since I have not had CarPlay in all my cars. Even my daughter’s $33k Bolt EUV has wireless CarPlay.

2) There are a couple of issues I hope to address by ordering the EV Sportline solution. One, the Siri sound comes through the device instead of through the Rivian speakers. The EV Sportline solution is supposed to fix that Second, since I don’t have the 12v power under the dash, I’ve had to get the Garmin OBD-USBC solution. It makes the device shut-off 10 minutes after the car sleeps, but I’m looking forward to the fuse tap solution which should be immediate. And the EV Sportline mount looks a bit more professional with the wires hiding behind the screen.

I’m glad for Amazon’s holiday return policy and I can return all the items before end of January while I wait for the EV Sportline solution that will address the sound, power and clunky mounting now (that screens aftermarket) shortcomings for me.

johnjackson99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq 5
Occupation
IT
Mahwah resident here . Eurotech MS in Mahwah does great work. Did all my mods

20231007_105956.jpg
Feel like I’ve seen your truck on a rivian meet up thread? If so invite me next time there’s one. Would love to go cruise some trails

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
One of the issues with the Drive Cam is that I don’t think the resolution is good enough to capture license plates. So I purchased the Vantrue N4 Pro that captures 4K in the front camera using the new Sony Starvis2 lens technology. It also has an additional rear camera and a third inside camera and it captures GPS coordinates. I got it for about $300 after an $80 coupon from Amazon:

https://a.co/d/gF2vjOs

As I just got my R1S, it doesn’t come with the 12v under dash power. I tried to power the camera with the Garmin OBD solution I already have for CarPlay and MagSafe mount, but the camera is power hungry and wouldn’t stay on. So I had to do a rear view mirror tap.

Thanks to @citizen and his instructions here:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-installed-via-mirror-tap-diy-tutorial.18533/

I followed the instructions exactly and it’s working really well now.

If you search online this is probably one of the few dashcam that captures license plates really well. I’ve attached some pics. If you observe the commercial van you can make out a lot of details from the videos besides the license plates.

I’ve also attached one rear image with the F-150. You can also make out the license plate but probably not quite as clear and it’s also stopped in local traffic.

There’s a third of the video from the inside of the car. I see limited use unless it’s a “capture funny moment of the kids or dog”, or ever decide to do Uber, or get carjacked (hopefully never 😅).

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8547

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8546

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8550

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 3.10.26 PM

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 3.13.43 PM

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 3.17.42 PM

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 3.18.41 PM

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8548

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8537

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8538

Last edited:

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I was going to like these pictures until I saw Michael Bubble on the stereo. 😉😆
Hell, i have to go watch him every year when he comes to Dallas. I think i went to 6 of them already. smh.

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec
Added:

1) TWRAPS Mud Guards
2) 3D Maxpider Seatback Mats
3) Rivian Logo and Name Black Aluminum License Plate Frame

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8834

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8833

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8831

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8832

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8835

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8838

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8847

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8848

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8851

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8853

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8854

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8855

Rivian R1T R1S My Limestone OC R1S with: chrome-delete/powder-coated 21s, CarPlay screen/hi-def dashcam and misc. accessories IMG_8856

OP
OP
pangpang77

pangpang77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Exec