Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

We intentionally oversized our 3-car garage because the 3rd bay is for fitness. The primary 2-car portion (with tool cabinets in the back) is way too tight for Thor to fit, so we re-arranged the garage to accommodate some of the fitness equipment into the 2-car area, and we'll just move the truck out when we need the real estate for distance-y fitness.

We still fit my wife's Forester on that side, too. So, it's all-in a win-win. There are some days it takes a little finesse, and in fairness, our house was only built ~6.5 years ago, so we do suffer from 'small garage syndrome,' insofar as my garage door is just wide enough to fit the truck without folding the mirrors (and we typically DO fold the mirrors, because they clear by mere inches--which are like ~2.54 centimeters for you overseas folks)
Sponsored

jb0063

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Since I live on the Oregon coast, I'm just happy it fits at all given the salt-soaked air.
IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0401.jpeg

Admittedly, real estate is a bit weird here. We were extremely lucky to find a remodeled home with a two-car garage when we moved over here in late 2019. Enlarging the garage is cost-prohibitive, due to the environmental impact and accounting for the downward-sloping driveway. Even most new homes only have a dinky one-car setup, and most of those start above $700,000.
What brand garage cabinets do you have? They look solid!

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
What brand garage cabinets do you have? They look solid!
NewAge Products Bold 3.0. The tall cabinets as shown are on one side of the garage, and a work bench setup with cabinets on top and pull-out tool drawers beneath the work bench are on the other side. I would love to take credit, but the previous owner did the remodel and also happened to be a classic car dude.

NewAge Products Bold 3.0

jb0063

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
NewAge Products Bold 3.0. The tall cabinets as shown are on one side of the garage, and a work bench setup with cabinets on top and pull-out tool drawers beneath the work bench are on the other side. I would love to take credit, but the previous owner did the remodel and also happened to be a classic car dude.

NewAge Products Bold 3.0
Thanks!

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I know a lot of you guys have houses that have big enough garage space that can accomodate R1T no problem but for my garage the R1T barely fits in. I just have enough space in front of the car to pass by. Where do you guys park your Rivian during night? I envy you guys who has big garage.

On second though I guess I am thankful that the R1T fits in. If it had been like Ford F150 Lightning then there would be no way lol...
We park ours outside. We live on 5 acres behind a gate. Our only predator is PIGEON poop.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I asked the Rivian employee on our First Drive event to allow us to test fit the truck in our garage and thankfully it fit, even with our fridge against the back wall. It was nice to get confirmation though. When we eventually got it, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to fit both our Model 3 and R1T, although passengers have to get out of either car before pulling in of course...(or in the case of the R1T, backing in)

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T barely fits in my garage ... 1696866476121

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

Thankfully can get the R1T in our small 2 car garage that houses it and a Tesla Model 3P. The camera system is wonderful aid to get in the garage as I only have about a inch on either side of the mirrors to get in. Also got a small stop sign on the wall inline with the center of the steering wheel and as long as I am aimed at it I am fine. About a foot in front and a half foot in back and the passenger has to exit outside of the garage as it is too tight on the wall side there. Driver and pass. can exit the Tesla from inside. Makes me feel a little better now after seeing some of the shots on this post, thanks!

OP
OP

iBang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Rivian R1T Adventure
I have about 8" of space in the front and 6" in the back when parked in the garage. I use the STKR parking sensor which has been flawless. https://stkrconcepts.com/products/garage-parking-sensor
Thank you for your referral on garage parking sensor. It looks like a good product so I ordered it just now. Soon I won't have to get in and out of car multiple times (sometimes as many as 3 times lol) to make sure the garage door won't hit my R1T.

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

The only thing about the Striker system is it really goes thru batteries. It does have a USB hookup, but at least in the one I have u supply the cord.

Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Although I dont have my Rivian R1S... I think I should be OK..

The parking spot where I will be parking the Riv is currently housing my GMC.. GMC will be moving to the RV parking spot (I dont own a RV).

Rivian
Length 200.8"
Height 77.3"
Width 81.8"

GMC
Length 208.4"
Height 72.6"
Width 73.7"

So I gain space in Length, but loose in Height and width. I know I have raised my Envoy with a jack so with the tires sagging, there was still 12 inchs from the tire to the floor.. So I think I will be good.

Last edited:

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
I asked the Rivian employee on our First Drive event to allow us to test fit the truck in our garage and thankfully it fit, even with our fridge against the back wall. It was nice to get confirmation though. When we eventually got it, I was pleasantly surprised to be able to fit both our Model 3 and R1T, although passengers have to get out of either car before pulling in of course...(or in the case of the R1T, backing in)

1696866476121.jpeg
In retrospect, I should have done that. I did measure, like, 20 billion times, but nothing beats experience. Everything fits, so that's all that matters

JamboF4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma /. 335i Coupe
Occupation
Retired airline Captain

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Before I sold my Jeep I always parked my Rivian in the garage where it barely fit. I only parked it outside when I was driving it instead of the Jeep.

After I sold the Jeep I started to get lazy, and just parked the R1T outside.

Then I used funds from the Jeep sale and other funds to buy a house on the Oregon coast. This house has a large garage where the R1T fits with no effort at all. So I always park it inside the garage, and I even linked the homelink to it.

Sadly the Oregon Coast house isn't my fulltime house. I have to slave away another 10-15 years before I get my freedom to make it my fulltime house.
Sponsored