Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

MidnightRivian with the late night eye candy to help you make your color selection a little easier or harder.

I’ve got tons and tons of Juicy Rivian pics on my phone that I personally took and I’ll post up slowly to tease you all the way till New Year’s Day 2024 ;)

Time to promote $RIVN for August earnings squeeze.

IMG_9214.jpeg
IMG_9216.jpeg
IMG_2796.jpeg
IMG_3770.jpeg
IMG_3775.jpeg
IMG_9585.jpeg
IMG_9586.jpeg
Limestone was my second choice after Red Canyon hehe.
Sponsored

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
What the literal h## just happened? So, yesterday evening I finally got shop access (yay!) after 4 requests and two first mile drives. I figured it would be unlikely to find anything since we are really set on Compass Yellow and 21" wheels.

I logged into shop last night and basically nothing (3 vehicles, all 20" wheels). Logged in this morning at 8:00 am and there is only one vehicle. Check again at 9:30 am a huge drop of new vehicles, including two CYs with 21" wheels (OC and BM interior). I snagged the OC, completed the "8 steps" or whatever they are, and scheduled pickup from houston SC on Friday at 2:30. Crazy!

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.16.33

eDad_R1S

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LS w/ OC
I don’t recall seeing this $500 charge on the quad motor from the original purchase agreement (April ‘21). Is everyone else seeing this same line item on their orders? Is it something I should ask the guide about?

I should add this from confirming an order via the R1S shop yesterday. VIN 147xx

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! IMG_2671

Last edited:

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Mine says Adventure Package $75,500 and Quad Motor (included). Seems like now (given the additional drive options) they're just breaking it out.

zeezz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Bay Area, CA:
  • Ordered from shop July 8
  • "Your R1S is ready to leave the factory and make its way to your Rivian Service Center." email on July 10
  • SMS from San Jose, CA center on July 11 that the car is "on the way"
The center still says "4-5 weeks" but I'm secretly hoping for sooner...
Update: Pickup scheduled at San Jose, CA for Thursday Aug 3. Car has apparently arrived. So approximately 2-2.5 weeks for Normal, IL to Bay Area shipping (I'm guessing by rail but not 100% sure).

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Update: Pickup scheduled at San Jose, CA for Thursday Aug 3. Car has apparently arrived. So approximately 2-2.5 weeks for Normal, IL to Bay Area shipping (I'm guessing by rail but not 100% sure).

Ask your guide for the Monroney sticker aka the window sticker and it will show the method of delivery from the factory.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

What the literal h## just happened? So, yesterday evening I finally got shop access (yay!) after 4 requests and two first mile drives. I figured it would be unlikely to find anything since we are really set on Compass Yellow and 21" wheels.

I logged into shop last night and basically nothing (3 vehicles, all 20" wheels). Logged in this morning at 8:00 am and there is only one vehicle. Check again at 9:30 am a huge drop of new vehicles, including two CYs with 21" wheels (OC and BM interior). I snagged the OC, completed the "8 steps" or whatever they are, and scheduled pickup from houston SC on Friday at 2:30. Crazy!

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 11.16.33.png
I logged in yesterday and bought mine - there were a LOT of vehicles in there for me. I found a near exact match and I pick it up this coming Tuesday

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I logged in yesterday and bought mine - there were a LOT of vehicles in there for me. I found a near exact match and I pick it up this coming Tuesday

Pics and specs or it didn't happen.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

Just to add, all of the purchase related steps - get insurance, quote for trade in, chat with guide after I messed up trade-in, reset and do-over upload all documents,, complete and sign all contracts, get wife to sign all contracts, make final payment - took a grand total of less than 3 hours of clock time (45 minutes of actual effort) while I was at my desk working. I just love the on-line buying experience of Tesla and Rivian etc!

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

Wait, wait, wait... Lucy pulled the football. From Guide: "Hey Robert! The delivery team reached out to me and let me know there was a system issue letting you schedule delivery for 7/28. They told me the vehicle will not be ready by 7/28 since it's still in Normal. As soon as it ships, I'll be able to provide you with an ETA and then we'll be able to get you scheduled to pick up your vehicle. I am so sorry about the inconvenience- I just found out this information." LOL

Ah well, I am sure it will be here soooon.

Sponsored

CruxOp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Wait, wait, wait... Lucy pulled the football. From Guide: "Hey Robert! The delivery team reached out to me and let me know there was a system issue letting you schedule delivery for 7/28. They told me the vehicle will not be ready by 7/28 since it's still in Normal. As soon as it ships, I'll be able to provide you with an ETA and then we'll be able to get you scheduled to pick up your vehicle. I am so sorry about the inconvenience- I just found out this information." LOL

Ah well, I am sure it will be here soooon.
Had the exact same issue. Ordered from the shop on 7/7 and through the system said I could schedule delivery, but a day later the service center messaged and said that it was still at the factory. Arrived in NY today and picking up on the 31st.

c4denc3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
DevOps Engineer
Clubs

I picked an R1S on yesterday 7/25 and it looks like my S will be in West Sacramento end of August since it’s already in transit by train!

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Thank you very much for posting this - Made me go check my R1 Shop tied to the Cost Mesa Service Center.

Found and got the exact config that I'd preordered and confirmed (GW - OC w/Dark Wood - Underbody Shield - 22" Bright)

VIN 142xx

Just holding off payment until just before delivery date (unknown yet).
Timeline info for SoCal.

6/23/23 (Friday) access to R1 Shop

7/5/23 (Wed) Selected a vehicle, got VIN and finished completing 7/8 steps the same day (all except payment) - I don't have a trade-in vehicle

7/6/23 (Thurs) evening email received - "ready to leave the factory and Make its way..."

7/7/23 (Fri) Received txt from Costa Mesa SC w/my VIN and estimated delivery week of 7/31, but not appointment set.

7/25/23 (Tues) Received txt from Costa Mesa SC saying vehicle in house and going through final quality checks, and with appointment date and time option, and confirmed by both txt and email.

7/26/23 (Wed) txt from my Guide informing me to either pay via wire-transfer or ACH by 4.00pm on Thurs 7/27; or bring a cashier's check on delivery date

7/29/23 (this coming Sat) Delivery date.

Total elapsed time once selected my vehicle: 24 days.

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

I picked an R1S on yesterday 7/25 and it looks like my S will be in West Sacramento end of August since it’s already in transit by train!
Where did you get your transit time info? I got an update from guide, said end August. Stopped by local service center today, they said it was scheduled to arrive to Portland on 5 August, currently in Nebraska.
Sponsored