Sponsored

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
I don't have exact dates on this stuff, but I can provide some estimates based on how my guide updated me when I asked about stuff. I tried to BOLD the most important date info....you will have to be Sherlock Holmes and deduce how things move, as I dont think all the info is there.
One thing that I suspect moved mine quickly is that it was already built and apparently went through QC and passed at Normal by the time I selected it. My VIN is 71XX.

From my guide's email on 4/12 (day after I chose my R1S in the Shop):
I am showing it's factory gated, meaning it's ready to ship to Brooklyn, NY, but it has not been prepared for transit just yet. It has an estimated time of arrival of 5/2/23 but can arrive sooner or later.

Once it arrives, it will go through its pre-delivery inspection. Once completed and passes its inspection, you will receive an automated email sharing that you now have access to self-schedule your delivery. You'll access this step by logging back into your eight steps in the delivery tab.

From her email on 4/20:
Your Rivian is in transit to its distribution center. (Same stuff as previous email goes here)

Once you have a set delivery date, you can provide that date to your insurance carrier. Which, you will then upload your new proof of insurance with the Rivian on it (year, make, model, and VIN). Lastly, payment. I recommend submitting payment at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled delivery date to allow our teams enough time to prepare documents.

Unfortunately, since your vehicle is in transit, we cannot offer a home delivery. The destination fee is not a delivery fee, and those who pick up at the factory are not exempt from it.

From her 4/21 email:
Its estimated arrival date is 4/25. It is just an estimated date and can arrive before or after said date. Once it arrives it will go through its pre-delivery inspection. Depending on how many vehicles arrive or are pending inspections, they may or may not go through their inspection right away.

The story ends with me receiving an email around 5 PM on 4/25 stating my R1S is ready for delivery, but by delivery they mean pick up at SC located in congested crap hole (not really, but my frustration that my First Mile will be with my vehicle in 5th most traffic congested area in the world...and I have zero experience with one pedal driving)
For anyone following my story, which will be no one, 923 days after my deposit, I received my R1S!!
It would have been longer without access to the Shop.
I don't want to tell people that need their R1S now to just wait, but if you were like me, then you are frustrated waiting so long, but you can get by well enough....and for you, the wait will be worth it.
Sponsored

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
That's interesting. Mine went to processing estimate when I first got shop access (despite my window being Q4 2023). I asked my guide about it and was told that it says processing estimate because I have shop access and it doesn't mean anything with respect to delivery date of my original config.

I guess as we've seen before - there seems to be some volatility in the info received through various Rivian channels.
I got shop access right before this last update. So maybe the update is what is keeping/added back on an estimate.

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
For anyone following my story, which will be no one, 923 days after my deposit, I received my R1S!!
I don't want to tell people that need their R1S now to just wait, but if you were like me, then you are frustrated waiting so long, but you can get by well enough....and for you, the wait will be worth it.

Where’s the pic?

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

Does your's still show processing estimate?
No. I picked a vehicle from the shop in late March. Headed to Normal to pick up this weekend. Since I've made a selection, my original configuration no longer appears and so no estimate.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clubs

Come on now, of course we're following!

Sponsored

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

For others reading this wondering timeline. I received shop access last Tuesday, April 25th and immediately picked one. My guide told me the truck was in Normal. Thursday April 27th I received the email that the vehicle was on the way to my Orlando SC. Today (5/1) I received the note that I could schedule delivery, any time from this Wednesday 5/3 to Saturday 5/6. I picked Saturday 5/6. I was very surprised for the quick shipping and turnaround from Normal to my SC...

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru

Eli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683034779081

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683034804525

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Shop access live with lots of inventory! 1683034824447

Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Last edited:

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Those are some nice configs, particularly the LA Silver "unicorn" ($75.5k base w/ 20" AT and no RUS) and the $75.5k base LG w/OC.

Gotta be different shop that would crazy fast
Very possible that those actually did go that fast. Seems like Rivian has been expanding R1S shop access over the past few weeks and the 5 posted above had some pretty desirable features: 5/5 were LE and under the $80k price point for current tax credit rules, 4/5 had free paint options (LA silver and LG) and free wheel upgrades (20" AT and 22"), 2/5 were the absolute base ($75.5k), 2/5 had OC interior, and 1/5 (which happened to be a $75.5k base) had the 20" AT without RUS and spare tire add-ons.

Last edited:

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clubs

Gotta be different shop that would crazy fast
Back in late March we'd see 3-9 cars put in the shop and then they'd all disappear within 5-15 minutes. I'm thinking with a greater number of folks now having access, it's possible these are being snatched up very quickly.

eRacer

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Out of curiosity, has anyone seen any launch edition R1S units being offered in the shop lately?

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clubs

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen any launch edition R1S units being offered in the shop lately?
All 5 posted by @Eli this morning were LEs
Sponsored