Sponsored

How warm does everyone’s heated seats get?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Indeed. Just frustrating the amount of tickets a brand new car at this price point needs
Did u test all that at delivery?
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I prefer my eggs over easy.
Exactly! You could get 3 different verdicts from 3 different people in the same vehicle.

If folks want to break out an infrared thermometer to get objective measurements of seat temperatures at specific locations then people may have an idea of what is typical for the vehicle and whether their particular vehicle varies greatly from what’s typical.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Yea, the seat & steering wheel heaters are barely noticeable in mine. I wonder if the different interiors are to blame? Do you have Ocean Coast by chance? I doubt I'll ever put a ticket in about it, it's not that important. Funny how different they are, my Bronco feels like a heating pad on high, nice when you're shivering on a 0 degree day.

Sponsored

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
My seats are very hot on 3, so I keep them at 2 most of the time. However, steering wheel is only lukewarm.

howler99

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

If I set mine on 1, it gets so hot in a few minutes I have to turn it off.

Steering wheel has a nice warmth to it, but no thing excessive.

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
My R1T seats are plenty warm on the lowest setting and I'm getting into a vehicle that has been in 20 degree weather

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Heated seats work well for me. They warm up quickly, and I usually only need the second setting.

The heated steering wheel, on the other hand, is anemic.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Exactly! You could get 3 different verdicts from 3 different people in the same vehicle.

If folks want to break out an infrared thermometer to get objective measurements of seat temperatures at specific locations then people may have an idea of what is typical for the vehicle and whether their particular vehicle varies greatly from what’s typical.
I did a 5 minute test with my IR camera. Unfortunately something is fucky with it and I can't get it to connect to my PC, so here's photos of photos...

I set a timer every minute, got out, snapped a photo of each seat.

Passenger side, which I was sitting in. Seemed to get to max temperature after ~4 minutes and getting out of the seat must have tripped the temperature sensor. The highest at 4 minutes was 101F in that same block but 104F somewhere in the photo according to the automatic scale. Seemed to be hottest before the 4 minute photo. It was cooling down by this photo at 5 minutes.

Rivian R1T R1S How warm does everyone’s heated seats get? 1672269920646

Driver side, not sat in. Every photo showed an increasingly high temperature.
Rivian R1T R1S How warm does everyone’s heated seats get? 1672270059986

Early on the heating wire at the back of the seat was the first to really show up. Seems like there might be inconsistency due to the padding in the seat.

Bf3

Site Sponsor
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interrobang.store
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

After sitting in mine for 5 minutes on 3, they temped at right around 100°F. I feel like they get warmer than that after driving a while, as I normally have to turn them down to 2.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Seats are plenty warm for me. Highest setting warms my butt quickly and I pretty rapidly taper down to 2 and 1 for longer driving. Steering wheel is also plenty warm to keep my hands completely comfortable and not need gloves. Love being able to do it from the phone now.

My cabin heat is also much better than a lot have experienced. My cabin got plenty warm set at 70 and I have turned the seat and steering wheel off and been plenty warm on long trips with outside temps below 20. On that note, I think I did notice warmer air from the front vents when I disabled the rear climate compared to when both were on.

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The R1T seats are warm, but not hot for me on max setting. Cooled seats work great.

For heat, I was spoiled in the previous car as that allowed me to modify the heat as I preferred - had configured hotter heat at hamstrings, warm heat at lower back, and then less heat at upper back and out at knees.

The R1T steering wheel heat is adequate - makes the wheel so that my hands don't need gloves.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
How warm does everyone’s heated seats get? On max strength I’m not getting much heat whereas in wife’s Mach-E max strength is almost too hot.
Never been in a Mach-E so I dunno what its seats are like.

Our Volvo XC-70's seats are "kinda nice" on full power.
Our Model X seats are "very toasty" on full power.
Our R1T's seats are "way too hot to sit on for more than 30 seconds" on full power.

I put them on lvl 3 to warm up quickly in the morning, but have to dial them back to level 2.

I tend to drive in just jeans and a tshirt no matter how cold out it is, so maybe with a layer of insulation lvl 3 would be just right?
Sponsored