Introducing the R1 Shop... Email Communication

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I'm tired. Are we confident they know how long a week actually is?
Maybe they are planning on sending it Saturday at 11:59pm Samoa Standard Time?
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
The Rivian calendar may never be cracked.... it's like the Enigma machine....only more complicated.
No need for a complex machine. You could just have Rivian execs send each other unencrypted emails.

Like the Navajo code talkers from WWII, the axis wouldn’t be able to decipher it and the Rivian-powered comms would always have the element of surprise, timing-wise!

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I haven't seen a thing from Rivian, but I HAVE received about 1,000 emails from Norton and McAfee telling me my subscription has expired!

Hope this helps...

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
Neurologist
How long do we give them before we inundate CS with reminders that Rivian missed another self-imposed deadline? Till noon? 3 PM? 4 PM?

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I was number 3 in line for chat (with a 4-5 minute estimate) for 39 minutes before I gave up with CS today.

We need a drinking game for the email wait

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I was number 3 in line for chat (with a 4-5 minute estimate) for 39 minutes before I gave up with CS today.

RIP

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Let's face it... Rivian comms have been fubar from day one, and anyone expecting clarity after today's (supposed) email comm is drinking Drano..

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the R1 Shop... Email Communication drano-drain

coshesey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Director Home Services
Why can't Rivian adopt the same comm plan that car extended warranty companies have? I would gladly accept 10 calls a day from Rivian as opposed to the "I noticed that your warranty is expiring soon..." call

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T

Maybe they told the staff to come in late today because the afternoon would be hell?

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Maybe they told the staff to come in late today because the afternoon would be hell?
Oof. This has the ring of truth.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Rivian really needs to get out ahead of their guides (whether the info from the guide below is true or not) they need to provide clarity ASAP.

They were adamant that customer deliveries were starting in June/July as soon as few weeks ago. If they are pushing that to 2023 - it's going to get ugly.

Although the statement about "no more launch greens" (for R1T as clarified in the comments) makes me take this with a Normal factory sized load of salt. No way that is true. But if anyone from Rivian watching this thread. You need to get your Comms department to sync with guides. If this is true - tell pre-order holders, officially, ASAP. If this is *not* true - tell your guides to stop spreading misinformation and stick to the script.

Rivian R1T R1S Introducing the R1 Shop... Email Communication Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 9.33.10 AM

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

We can hope the R1S "shop" might launch with invites going out once they produce a few of them ... maybe by the fall. If they need to deliver 25K units by year end and have to date made around 3-4K, there are at least 20K units to be made and delivered by year end. If 10% are made as R1S maybe the first 1500-2000 R1S might get delivered in 2022. Maybe I'm just optimistic I'll get a new toy this year...
VIN #'s are currently in the 7000's - not sure where you get 3-4k

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
Rivian really needs to get out ahead of their guides (whether the info from the guide below is true or not) they need to provide clarity ASAP.

They were adamant that customer deliveries were starting in June/July as soon as few weeks ago. If they are pushing that to 2023 - it's going to get ugly.

Although the statement about "no more launch greens" (for R1T as clarified in the comments) makes me take this with a Normal factory sized load of salt. No way that is true. But if anyone from Rivian watching this thread. You need to get your Comms department to sync with guides. If this is true - tell pre-order holders, officially, ASAP. If this is *not* true - tell your guides to stop spreading misinformation and stick to the script.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 9.33.10 AM.png

I’ve noticed that it seems like a lot of the wild R1 delivery times are happening in SoCal. They need to share some of that love with us up here in Northern Cal.
Sponsored