Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I'd love to have names and positions with "the design team said it’ll look killer and some bigger-ups at Rivian love it"...blind faith in the internet. If someone took the time to type it it must be true. But IMO it probably looks awesome...but I just agreed to LG with FE. I didn't have enough faith in LS without seeing it in person - too much of a chameleon.

Dirty_B
I hope you’ve seen LG in person too. I actually find that color drab and kinda ugly in many lighting conditions. Yes, I know many are all gaga over it but IMO, bleh.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'd love to have names and positions with "the design team said it’ll look killer and some bigger-ups at Rivian love it"...blind faith in the internet. If someone took the time to type it it must be true. But IMO it probably looks awesome...but I just agreed to LG with FE. I didn't have enough faith in LS without seeing it in person - too much of a chameleon.

Dirty_B
RJ said it, this tweet is from a Rivian employee. I've also heard the same directly from another exec.

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Dirty_B
Great job on taking things out of context and insulting people online! Said it was blind faith and came from the internet and this actual forum, but you’re really crushing it out there. Now that you’ve become a Keyboard Warrior and your weirdly homophobic comment a few days ago, I really hope you can go pro. 4chan and 8chan moderator are right around the corner if you stay positive! Congrats on your PBA regardless!

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos F90F9FBF-8C0F-4964-B2E4-DB36EC928DBD

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I think that’s what we all wanted/expected. Plenty of companies got this grey right. Honda, Audi, Porsche, Chevy, Toyota, even Jeep.
yeah, that expectation is what most of us had based on the configurator and the swatches. seeing it on the vehicles has been a disappointment.
im not convinced they didnt change the color between the swatches and the vehicles because all the photos ive seen of the swatches there isn't that bleached blue or hint of blue, its either flat grey or hint of green.

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
I hope you’ve seen LG in person too. I actually find that color drab and kinda ugly in many lighting conditions. Yes, I know many are all gaga over it but IMO, bleh.
Yeah I saw it a bunch of times in person and it really is blah. I tried to like it. Even the wife and kids said gross. Lol.

Sponsored

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
yeah, that expectation is what most of us had based on the configurator and the swatches. seeing it on the vehicles has been a disappointment.
im not convinced they didnt change the color between the swatches and the vehicles because all the photos ive seen of the swatches there isn't that bleached blue or hint of blue, its either flat grey or hint of green.
When my guide saw I picked Limestone....he was excited and said yeah we didn't know if Limestone was going to make it but they saw it on the production line one day. So sounds like they had some trouble with the color or maybe even change from the swatches

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

When my guide saw I picked Limestone....he was excited and said yeah we didn't know if Limestone was going to make it but they saw it on the production line one day. So sounds like they had some trouble with the color or maybe even change from the swatches
Pictures of limestone swatch looks pretty identical to pictures of actual limestone truck.

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos limestonettos

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos 1651713010947

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Have to agree. LG is just meh... Forest Green is beautiful.

And I've posted the comment before, but others keep asking. Limestone is a very neutral grey. There really is no blue in it, but like truly neutral grey tones it can play tricks on your eyes and on cameras. It can look like it has a bit of blue, green or tan, depending on lighting conditions and surroundings. What's funny is if you see large patches of natural limestone, it has the same effect. I think Rivian pretty much nailed it. I wish it were just a bit darker shade... But if it were, it wouldn't be limestone anymore. If it were a bit darker with no metal flake, it would be Nardo Grey. And I know that's what a lot of people were hoping for. Anyway, I'm still all in on Limestone with FE interior... Unless my wife vetoes the FE interior, which she might, she really doesn't like it -- except the wood, which she loves and why she's still somewhat accepting. She wants OC interior, which we would pair with Forest Green or Rivian Blue... She wants blue, I want green. So hmmm...

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
RJ said it, this tweet is from a Rivian employee. I've also heard the same directly from another exec.

I made my mind up...im going to pony up the extra money for the Forrest edge interrior with Limestone. We will see what that does to my delivery. I'm waiting to hear back from my guide now and hopefully still able to change it. I gave in and placed some trust with RJ...

Edit: heard back from my guide...the change to forrest edge is now concomfirmed....😬

Last edited:

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I made my mind up...im going to pony up the extra money for the Forrest edge interrior with Limestone. We will see what that does to my delivery. I'm waiting to hear back from my guide now and hopefully still able to change it. I gave in and placed some trust with RJ...

Edit: heard back from my guide...it is comfirmed....😬
I am a bit confused. What is confirmed? BM interior?

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Finally saw Limestone live this AM at Denver RSC. To me it is definitely grey, not baby blue nor greenish.

Perhaps it is lighter than other “primer style” greys from other manufacturers, or high sun pics against blue skies give the perceptions of baby blue, not sure.

Loved it.

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos BC4465F6-927B-4554-B759-18D5812F52D3

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos D762FB47-3A4B-4D33-A1F0-CBC2A97601A6

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos 3A3C5223-2B01-4D2D-8D27-57FD0E13B6D3

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Pictures of limestone swatch looks pretty identical to pictures of actual limestone truck.

limestonettos.jpg

1651713010947.png
Yeah, I don’t think they changed it, but they sure screwed up the configurator. I’m sticking with Limestone, but wouldn’t complain if it were a bit darker, flatter and a little more neutral. Good candidate for a stealth matte wrap if I felt like spending even more $

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Good candidate for a stealth matte wrap if I felt like spending even more $
This is the second time I have “heard” this. I will admit to my ignorance concerning a stealth wrap and PPF in general. I know what it is but what makes Limestone a good candidate?

i assume certain colors and amount of metal flake (less is better for stealth wrapping) lend itself to better outcomes.

Last edited:

Mahawkma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

Edit: heard back from my guide...the change to forrest edge is now concomfirmed....😬
I just made the switch today as well. . .
Sponsored