Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
From Instagram. He has an entire walkthrough of the exterior/interior on his story if you click through it: mikhlik
Interesting to see the Mobile Service badge and finally an interior color other than Black Mountain...

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 11.47.30 AM.png
I followed the link in your post and didn't see any pics or videos of Rivians. Do you have a link to the specific posts or pics you are referring to?

I would like to see the walkthrough.
Sponsored

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
806B0603-87A3-4D94-8076-BD62116EAF7E.jpeg

Parked at the outdoor short term parking lot at Oā€™Hareā€¦we are about to get a dump of snow and they left the truck over half-open. Does anyone know if that can be closed remotely?
The vast majority of trucks don't even have been covers... it will be fine if snow gets in the bed.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
P
90 day temp permit expires on 3/17 so yeah from December I'd reckon.
Actually looks to me like heā€™s taking this back to normal for service to me

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I agree with you here, especially if you can turn it on. Iā€™m not sure what the difference being powered on would be towing verses coasting down a hill.

Possibly something will over heat with extended charging that way. I thought I saw in that Tesla video it warned about overheating and stopped charging at some point but I would have watch it again.
I always thought that tow charging is when a driver is in the Rivian, it is powered on, and being towed by another vehicle. The Rivian driver can monitor the vehicle for any issues, steer, and if required, brake.

This is not the same as using another vehicle to tow a powered-off, driverless Rivian on all 4 wheels and hoping for the best.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I always thought that tow charging is when a driver is in the Rivian, it is powered on, and being towed by another vehicle. The Rivian driver can monitor the vehicle for any issues, steer, and if required, brake.

This is not the same as using another vehicle to tow a powered-off, driverless Rivian on all 4 wheels and hoping for the best.
Yeah I feel like it was talked about a while ago that it could be tow charged, but needed to be placed in reverse "gear" with a driver in the vehicle obviously. Aside from that, flat towing behind an RV was pretty much a no go.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I am sure it would work as they pulled one with a semi in Long Way Up to charge
Do you remember if they used the hooks up front to tow the R1?

I think R1 should have a tow charge mode with some instructions so the vehicle + you can decide to use all four wheels or just two for regen and both the vehicle and the driver can make sure nothing is damaged. ā€˜Get the subscription and call us when you need helpā€ is not good enough. The owners should know how their vehicle work and what the limits are.

Edit: never mind, found it:

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1645204618181

Last edited:

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Yeah I feel like it was talked about a while ago that it could be tow charged, but needed to be placed in reverse "gear" with a driver in the vehicle obviously. Aside from that, flat towing behind an RV was pretty much a no go.
I thought the same except for the Reverse ā€œgearā€ part. I figure in Drive with max regen towing it behind something would be the same as going down a steep hill: the regen will capture as much energy as the system allows as long as there is something making it move forward. Slowing from speed to a stop, gravity, or towing arenā€™t all that different as far as regen is concerned in that it captures energy in Drive.

I can see several reasons why flat towing without a driver in the Rivian could result in damage to the Rivian, towing vehicle, or both.

edit: grammar and poor wording

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I followed the link in your post and didn't see any pics or videos of Rivians. Do you have a link to the specific posts or pics you are referring to?

I would like to see the walkthrough.
Click his profile pic. Not much to see & he's speaking Russian (?).

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

My biggest takeaway:
Wisely, Rivian mobile service will use Milwaukee tools.
yup, looks like they are not skimping on the tool sets

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

You can always tell what a person thinks based on his choice of finger:

1645126770524.png
i didn't know Beau Bridges became a politician

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I love to know what those ropes are attached to. If you can tow an R1 this way, I wouldnā€™t get the off road package.

1645152539219.png
They are through the lower control arms in accordance with the towing instructions in the manual. likely much easier to get an endless loop or similar through than deal with the tow hooks.

Reactions: Max

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Russian, yeah. Thereā€™s a translation in my earlier post thanks to a friend of mine ?

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I wanted to see the videos to get a good look at that green, but I must not have access to what you are seeing. Clicking a profile pic does nothing in my Instagram app.

Apparently clicking the profile pic from your app opens more videos and pics?

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screenshot_20220218-130524

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs