Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I've watched every one so far exited to see how this runs. Also he is going to explode those half shafts if they are the 10k shafts.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
@kanundrum That is a pretty cool series, have not watched his videos previously interested in how the final product behaves.

I had to look at some of the other stuff he has out there. Both he and his wife seem like solid people, they have some really good stuff out there.

Thanks for sharing these links.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Been watching these as well. I made the mistake of watching late at night rocking the baby and I keep falling asleep with his voice, so then I have to rewatch everything later

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I've spent enough time in a Humvee to know how impractical they are on roads (width being the biggest factor), but I have been somewhat obsessed with the idea of an electromod like this for my 98 Jeep XJ. Unfortunately, unless something changes significantly in the next 5 years, it would likely cost me more to mod that Jeep than it will to buy my R1S, which makes me very sad.

I have a pipe dream of giving that Jeep to my son one day as his first car, but sadly I don't think it is feasible.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I've spent enough time in a Humvee to know how impractical they are on roads (width being the biggest factor), but I have been somewhat obsessed with the idea of an electromod like this for my 98 Jeep XJ. Unfortunately, unless something changes significantly in the next 5 years, it would likely cost me more to mod that Jeep than it will to buy my R1S, which makes me very sad.

I have a pipe dream of giving that Jeep to my son one day as his first car, but sadly I don't think it is feasible.
The Width isn't that bad in fact the ford raptor and ram TRX are close to the same.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
or you can buy one already converted using Tesla components

https://northamericanev.com/
That is insane, imagine it is as efficient as the Hummer EV at 571 watts per mile, it would have 430 KW battery pack to get 750 mile range, that is more than 3 of the Rivian large (135 KW) packs per build.

11.5 kWh charger would get you 20 miles an hour, would take 18.75 hours to charge 50%….

Bet it is a blast to drive though!

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
It's easy to write theoretical specs on a web site, a lot harder to make it reality.

I really like the JRE build videos and am taking notes for a potential 4runner conversion in the future. I'm excited to see how it does when its done!

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

It's easy to write theoretical specs on a web site, a lot harder to make it reality.

I really like the JRE build videos and am taking notes for a potential 4runner conversion in the future. I'm excited to see how it does when its done!
I'm doing the same for my Jeep XJ. Just waiting on the component parts to get where they need to be to make it a reality.

roth_nj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
mechanical engineer
I'm doing the same for my Jeep XJ. Just waiting on the component parts to get where they need to be to make it a reality.
I would really love to have even a plug in hybrid version of my gladiator but I don’t think papa stellantis will get there any time soon…

related note is this brz conversion I had been watching - I had a brz too at the time. This guy took a leaf system and mated it up the the manual tranny in the brz. Looks really cool and clean but the videos went cold about a year ago

Sponsored