Sponsored

Feels impossible Rivian will deliver my R1T by end of November

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I feel like they are stuck in a catch 22 kinda deal. At current value of the stock, both lack of deliveries and recall can do some serious damage. Slow delivery may be a recoverable slow damage but recall not so much so they keep delaying to try to catch everything they can.

p.s. No inside info. It is just my crystal ball having another one of those days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CarterGee

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Rooting for you.

It would ease the sting of the mass-guide email all the LE pre-orders will get at the end of Nov if Rivian can say they’ve made some initial customer deliveries.
WOULDN'T IT THOUGH!? I'm happy to help :CWL:

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Unfortunately, the only date that matters is the date in your pre-order agreement. Which has always been the same - No guarantee. It sucks to get excited because they give you a target date. They shouldn't say by the end of November if that's not realistic - which it doesn't seem to be. But we're all going to be excited when you do find out. Pulling for you!

5. No Guarantee of Delivery Date
You are preordering a Vehicle without specifying the model, features, and options. We will endeavor to produce Your Selected Vehicle in the future and your priority will be set by the date of payment of your Preorder Fee, our manufacturing schedule, our delivery and service operations availability and execution of the Final Sales Agreement. There is no guarantee as to delivery date based on your Preorder.

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
You ain't getting it! Maybe for Christmas or your birthday?

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Nobody is. My guide basically confirmed it. They haven’t even finalised the production schedule yet. So they’ve just been jerking us around for a year. Yippee #NotBitterAtAll

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I've made posts like before, but we're 15 days away from my promised "End of November 2021" timeline. Rivian continues to swear that my delivery date hasn't changed - and it feels like a bad to delay customer trucks so close to IPO (but what do I know?) - but it feels impossible right now. It's pretty frustrating trying to have all my money ready to go (which can take days) but no clearer timeline.

Or maybe I'll be surprised and I'll get it? We'll see. But... I've got a bad feeling.
It is okay to be frustrated.

If they raised your hopes, and don't follow through that creates a very bad customer experience.

It is the opposite of Underpromise and Overdeliver.

And it doesn't matter what the excuse is. They made the commitment, so it is reasonable to ask them to follow through on that timeline.

The question I have is WHY. Why overpromise? Just CALL all those Launch Edition customers and tell them "we are so sorry, we really hoped to get you in your new Rivian by the end of the year, but RJ got drunk and lost the VIN #s. Our goal now is to get you your Rivian by April 1st"

And then hey, if they deliver it to you by Feb 15th, you will be happy.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Nobody is. My guide basically confirmed it. They haven’t even finalised the production schedule yet. So they’ve just been jerking us around for a year. Yippee #NotBitterAtAll
Uh oh. Is this a recent update?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Dear #NotBitterAtAll,

Delays happen in life, but how Rivian communicates needs a lot of improvement. Don't promise deliveries will start by the end of 2020. And then have to bump it to June 2021 (insert reason here). Then bump it again to September 2021.....and then once again bump it to "the end of 2021". Which looks to be in jeopardy.

Be honest and open. And it wouldn't hurt to send everyone a MatchBox Rivian R1T in time for Christmas with a nice note apologizing but that they are excited for 2022 and getting you your Rivian. Thank you for your faith in us and your deposit!

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Uh oh. Is this a recent update?
Just from this morning. The whole conversation is too long to post here, but basically the situation is this: the Guides have been pushing for a solid timeline to give to us, the customers. And the response from the Teams above them (delivery, production, etc) is as follows

"We have been checking and re-checking the data sets and finalizing production schedules and we want to avoid telling you that your delivery window is February/March, only to have to reach out in March to say that it is June. This high level of precaution requires demand planning, delivery, and vehicle production teams to align their data sets which takes a great deal of effort. Every time we get close, a member of the team finds a way to go deeper in the data. As of this morning, we believe we have alignment and are awaiting final production schedules."

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
Dear #NotBitterAtAll,

Delays happen in life, but how Rivian communicates needs a lot of improvement. Don't promise deliveries will start by the end of 2020. And then have to bump it to June 2021 (insert reason here). Then bump it again to September 2021.....and then once again bump it to "the end of 2021". Which looks to be in jeopardy.

Be honest and open. And it wouldn't hurt to send everyone a MatchBox Rivian R1T in time for Christmas with a nice note apologizing but that they are excited for 2022 and getting you your Rivian. Thank you for your faith in us and your deposit!
I honestly don’t even care about the delay itself. It’s how they’ve gone about communicating the delay to their customers that gets me a bite riled up. Like if they knew all this, why on Earth would they keep telling the Guides that November was still happening when it very clearly is not

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Just from this morning. The whole conversation is too long to post here, but basically the situation is this: the Guides have been pushing for a solid timeline to give to us, the customers. And the response from the Teams above them (delivery, production, etc) is as follows

"We have been checking and re-checking the data sets and finalizing production schedules and we want to avoid telling you that your delivery window is February/March, only to have to reach out in March to say that it is June. This high level of precaution requires demand planning, delivery, and vehicle production teams to align their data sets which takes a great deal of effort. Every time we get close, a member of the team finds a way to go deeper in the data. As of this morning, we believe we have alignment and are awaiting final production schedules."
Infuriating. Thanks for the update.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot

That’s EXACTLY word for word what my guide emailed to me. Hmmm….

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

so next week CS chat should get the new script and people can bug them again.

Reactions: Rad

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Student
I suspect it's because that's what the "Teams" sent to all the Guides. The impression I got was that the actual Guides have been trying to get the people above them to nail down some actual dates, and that statement we both got was the message the "Teams" sent to all the Guides
Sponsored