First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
Locked as in they will not allow you to make changes? That’s pretty awesome.

Your pre order is just a placeholder. If you have not confirmed your final configuration and signed a vehicle purchase contract which will probably show all your options, final price including delivery charges, down payment, and financing info, I highly doubt that they have started production on your vehicle.
Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Your pre order is just a placeholder. If you have not confirmed your final configuration and signed a vehicle purchase contract which will probably show all your options, final price including delivery charges, down payment, and financing info, I highly doubt that they have started production on your vehicle.
I was asking OP if that happened to him.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
I never understood why people think you need 2 weeks notice to buy a vehicle that you had 3 years to prep for.
As a total aside, my wife, who is the #1 cause of chest pain in my house, once went in for an oil change and drove home in a new car. Much like normal people might pick up a pack of gum in the checkout line.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
As a total aside, my wife, who is the #1 cause of chest pain in my house, once went in for an oil change and drove home in a new car. Much like normal people might pick up a pack of gum in the checkout line.
I've done something similar. Needed new tires for a vehicle and ended up simply trading it in and buying something new.

It's easy to think about how impulsive humans can be and transversely think that we don't need notice from Rivian to finalize purchases... But it's a false equivalency. It's easy to be spontaneous when YOU want to. It's much more difficult to bend your life around someone else. People shouldn't overlook how many days we are NOT ready to buy another vehicle. Even what seems spontaneous was probably building up for a while.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

That is one way of replacing the old oil. Maybe a little unconventional.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
That is one way of replacing the old oil. Maybe a little unconventional.
I don't know, maybe she interpreted "oil change" as "put this old oil in a new car"? It is a change of sorts.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Who knows, maybe they’re building up a good supply so they can have a launch event like Lucid and Tesla does at the Normal factory? And they will invite all the 2018 pre-order holders to pick up their vehicles in a big event. Pure conjecture on my part
This would be awesome I really hope so!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I've done the same. Went to the boat dealer to buy a marine battery, wound up buying a battery AND a new boat. It was year end clearance. I made a ridiculous offer I was CONFIDENT he would refuse.... and he accepted it...doh!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I would assume they would send the home charger first so you can have it installed before vehicle delivery. Makes too much sense though. Little things like that lead me to believe these Nov. deliveries won't happen.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
That is some serious savings when you compare it to how much time we spend on reviews and forums before our purchase. Multiply those hours by your hourly wage and all of a sudden her impulsive choice makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Locked as in they will not allow you to make changes? That’s pretty awesome.
I don't that is any different when you build a vehicle on any other manufacturer's website. In both cases you are not required to buy the finished vehicle when it shows up, but in the case of a traditional manufacturer you may be out the deposit.

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I do hope that everyone who has been waiting for a long time get their vehicle in one shape or another. It would be a great Christmas present to all the families for sure.

What I am curious about is companies, and their representatives, that have significant experience in automotive manufacturing have been fixated on the number 20,000 EV vehicles for 2022. Rivian, which has no experience yet, is promising nearly 50K vehicles.

I am sorry, I am just in a pessimistic mood today. :facepalm:
You can't believe anything Rivian has to say these years.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Rooting for you.

It would ease the sting of the mass-guide email all the LE pre-orders will get at the end of Nov if Rivian can say they’ve made some initial customer deliveries.
Sponsored