Sponsored

LIMESTONE R1T Photos

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Hey everyone, I've seen a lot of people having issues identifying Limestone, so I made a handy flowchart to help if you see something that you think might be Limestone. Hope this helps!

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos Limestone
Sponsored

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Hey everyone, I've seen a lot of people having issues identifying Limestone, so I made a handy flowchart to help if you see something that you think might be Limestone. Hope this helps!

Limestone.jpg
Thank you for this! It all makes sense now and clears up much of my confusion.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

an old post but thought it might interest folks here who havent seen it. the guys at Rivian Stories posted this on IG about 4 months ago and i think they talked to the head of design and Rivian or maybe someone who talked to him... friend of a friend. anyway, that person said its grey with a hint of green. mabye something like below. i hope it is close to that. most of the newer grey colors ive seen tend to hint towards blue but kinda like that it might be more green.

Last edited:

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Why are there still no photos? I think I might really like this color but am scared it will delay my order by choosing it. Come on Rivian, give me a reason to believe!

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Why are there still no photos? I think I might really like this color but am scared it will delay my order by choosing it. Come on Rivian, give me a reason to believe!
It's really weird, honestly. I thought for sure they were waiting to show it when the first R1S's rolled off the line. But nope.

I'm guessing they're running into issues with paint matching on different parts and surfaces. Matching matte or low metallic colors is notoriously difficult, especially when on different surface types.

I actually noticed that the door handles didn't match the rest of the body paint very well on the El cap truck when I saw it, and that's very metallic. Limestone is likely even more troublesome.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

i asked CS about this on monday and they have no idea why Limestone has not been produced on any vehicles yet. they said they've been to the factory floor many times and have not seen that color. but still totting the company line that it is still indeed being offered.
fingers-crossed but my hope is waning.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I was configured with limestone for a while but switched off it until there is more info. I expect it's a not looking right and they'll ditch it or reformulate it before it's actually out in the wild.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I was configured with limestone for a while but switched off it until there is more info. I expect it's a not looking right and they'll ditch it or reformulate it before it's actually out in the wild.
I still think once the launch edition has completed they will reformulate launch green to be slightly more gray, and that will be limestone.

Now that doesn't account for launch edition people that picked limestone, but there is no room for reason in my tin foil cap.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Maybe that’s why they’ve held it—because it’s close to Launch Green.
So far this makes more sense than they're still working on the color. I'd imagine there has to be one reservation holder that picked Limestone with a delivery date planned in the 1H of the year. And the CS line that its on the factory floor already means there's at least some idea of how it will look.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I have seen an order tracker on another forum and there are several Limestone R1T's scheduled for delivery in the Feb-May timeframe, so my guess is that we'll finally see it in the next month or so.

Limestone is my first choice, but I currently have my R1T configured with El Cap.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I still think once the launch edition has completed they will reformulate launch green to be slightly more gray, and that will be limestone.

Now that doesn't account for launch edition people that picked limestone, but there is no room for reason in my tin foil cap.
Disagree. Have seen samples of both up close in person and they are not close.

I have a car that’s a similar sort of grey to limestone and pictires simply don’t capture it properly. Colour flop is a PITA.

Can’t go off of pictures for paint colours, especially ones not taken with proper white balancing etc viewed on uncalibrated displays.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

posting some more pics of Limestone so we have it all in one place.

original pic before Rivian realized their Photoshop'd image was missing the yellow on the logo and badging.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 3.48.06 PM

replacement photo they showed after the photoshop fix.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos 1644263306006

photo overlaid with swatches someone took photos of from the Venice hub a week ago (in the background is an R1T in Launch Green). in order from left to right: LA Silver, Limestone, Launch Green. so Limestone looks nothing like the swatch and it pretty close to LG. so Limestone is LG 2.0 unless actual photos prove us wrong.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 2.54.25 PM

and a couple of more photos Rivian posted to instagram. slightly more greyish in this photo but still closer to LG than Limestone.
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.53.47 AM

this last photo shows Limestone being painted and it does look a lot more grey and closer to the swatch but since the paint is wet we can't really say this is close to Limestone. when it dries it may just look like LG 2.0
Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 11.53.56 AM

Last edited:

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
This was reported before as possibly Limestone (from the Long Way Up) but no idea if it is, was or still is the actual color of Limestone. Could just be LA Silver with dirt on it.
limestone.jpeg
This was addressed a while back, but it is not limestone...at least not the production color. I don't have the source, but it as directly from Rivian.
Sponsored