LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Nice view through open passenger door showing how the F.E. green interior seems near identical color/shade match with L.E. paint. I really like that "monotone" look but worried that if the shading was off a bit more it could look really bad.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Nice view through open passenger door showing how the F.E. green interior seems near identical color/shade match with L.E. paint. I really like that "monotone" look but worried that if the shading was off a bit more it could look really bad.
Good question — like to know answer. Could be lighter or darker shade of same color and still look great.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
This may have been posted before so apologies if redundant... but at the Sonoma event this week, one of the Rivian reps told the origin story of Launch Green.

According to her, that paint is what they originally used in the factory to paint the frame and other internal parts. Once the team saw the color on those components, they decided to productize it and make it available as a body color option.

(My guess is that, if this is true, they probably modified it somewhat -- the final version has a bit of metal flake in it, which seems like an odd choice for internal components... Anyway, thought I'd pass along.)

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
This may have been posted before so apologies if redundant... but at the Sonoma event this week, one of the Rivian reps told the origin story of Launch Green.

According to her, that paint is what they originally used in the factory to paint the frame and other internal parts. Once the team saw the color on those components, they decided to productize it and make it available as a body color option.

(My guess is that, if this is true, they probably modified it somewhat -- the final version has a bit of metal flake in it, which seems like an odd choice for internal components... Anyway, thought I'd pass along.)
Thanks for sharing and makes sense. One of the earliest videos with a body had a crash test that I would guess was the origin of LG. And I have to say that was an uglier version. I am going with LG and I actually like it!

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled

It was reportedly the color of the e-coat treatment which protects the aluminum.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Somebody beat Rivian to the LAUNCH GREEN color. ;)
Rivian R1T R1S LAUNCH GREEN R1T Photos 1636642655390

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Well, if they all come off the assembly line like THAT, we are in good shape. Beautiful.
Worth putting on that ceramic protection to preserve the sparkle and shine ASAP. ?

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The Launch Green looks great! I love that this pic captures the reflection of the American flag graphic behind the photographer. That's a nice effect, especially during the week of Veteran's Day.
Sponsored