Real Rivian Photos & Videos

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
A monthly update is not unexpected. I think they are still at daily updates.
While the SW code base may be updating daily, they likely aren't doing daily releases if they're following a more structured release process using two week sprints. It's highly unlikely they'd be doing continuous integration/release cycles, which is more appropriate for cloud deployments.

You also have to consider the possibility of components being updated at a different cadence based on their criticality. For example, you could iterate and release IVI/entertainment more rapidly than safety critical software. You also need to factor in time for testing - even if it's automated.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

sorry, back on topic

Sponsored

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
The video of the slow maps reminds me of Tesla MCU1. MCU2 is much snappier. That said, I would love to know what CPU/GPU/SoC and platform they're using under the hood. I think a lot of us would rest assured if we knew how much horsepower thing this was packing and could indeed confirm it was just code that wasn't optimized yet.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The video of the slow maps reminds me of Tesla MCU1. MCU2 is much snappier. That said, I would love to know what CPU/GPU/SoC and platform they're using under the hood. I think a lot of us would rest assured if we knew how much horsepower thing this was packing and could indeed confirm it was just code that wasn't optimized yet.
Exactly. Software optimization is one thing…. But if there are hardware limitations then that means an expensive upgrade — if Rivian even chooses to offer it.

Tesla was unique in offering MCU upgrades. Typically, you’re stuck with whatever hardware your vehicle came with.

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
Exactly. Software optimization is one thing…. But if there are hardware limitations then that means an expensive upgrade — if Rivian even chooses to offer it.

Tesla was unique in offering MCU upgrades. Typically, you’re stuck with whatever hardware your vehicle came with.
That's what happens when you keep the same car design (relatively) for 10 years.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That's what happens when you keep the same car design (relatively) for 10 years.
Every other manufacturer just updates for a certain model year and everyone who came before is out of luck.

Toyota used the same Tundra design from 2007-2021. Infotainment got minor updates but was never back-ported.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
So theres our first look at Forest on Forest. I'm not sure.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

So theres our first look at Forest on Forest. I'm not sure.
I rode in FG/FE over Mt Rivian and it was nice. However the FG looked closer to LG because of the layer of dust on it lol.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
I didn't notice that opening behind front tire before. Any reasons I should be worried about tire throwing rocks and mud on the paint?

EDIT:
I've rewatched some of the reviews and paid attention to this spot. It's visibly more dirty and has mud on it from the tire in those reviews.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos Screenshot_20211006-161438
Sponsored

Last edited: