Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

Any idea if this will be a service center as well as sales? Or will there be some other service center in Chicago? I ordered my R1S today and am not far from this site.
Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Any idea if this will be a service center as well as sales? Or will there be some other service center in Chicago? I ordered my R1S today and am not far from this site.
IMHO it'd be a pretty small service center for such a large metropolis and potential customer base. Paying top dollar for real estate in that neighborhood for something like a service center doesn't made a whole lot of sense.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
IMHO it'd be a pretty small service center for such a large metropolis and potential customer base. Paying top dollar for real estate in that neighborhood for something like a service center doesn't made a whole lot of sense.
I generally don't disagree, but as a counter point the Bellevue service center is definitely not in an inexpensive area.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Thanks for the pics. Have t been there for a few weeks now trying to use some vacation time. Looking like great progress!

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Tesla has several showrooms in the Chicago area but their service center is located in the cheap seats, many miles away from the showrooms.

Sponsored

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

I drove past this morning, looks about the same as it did in the Labor Day pics above. Lots of workers in and around the building.

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I drove past this morning, looks about the same as it did in the Labor Day pics above. Lots of workers in and around the building.
probably going to look this way for a while as everything will be on the interior now.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Most of their service centres seem to be only 4-6 bays. Not big.

electric vehicles do require less servicing, and given that the primary mechanism for delivering service/repair is via mobile van, they probably just don’t need huge service centres.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Latest pics from last night. Sun is setting earlier these days and I had to hustle over there catch it while there was still daylight. Not many changes at this point so going forward I'll only post if there are any changes and/or I see an R1T/R1S in the area.

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG-7929

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG-7930

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction IMG-7931

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Latest pics from last night. Sun is setting earlier these days and I had to hustle over there catch it while there was still daylight. Not many changes at this point so going forward I'll only post if there are any changes and/or I see an R1T/R1S in the area.
I'm south of Louisville (KY) and this remains the nearest Rivian location to me of which I'm aware. (Actually was in Chicago over the summer for a while, and your pics saved me the trouble of seeking out the location as I knew there wasn't much to see yet.)

Appreciate the updates!

Sponsored

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Almost entirely positive this won’t be the service center. The permits for the renovation (which are addressed to the Sangamon side for some reason in case anybody else wants to look them up too) don’t have any of the necessary conditions.

Given how far along the service centers are in other markets and the fact that I couldn’t find anything resembling a Chicago service center in the permit database (did find Lucid’s and several other dealer/brands’) my guess is that they're going with a near suburb rather than city location.

Mister Person

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius
Clubs

my guess is that they're going with a near suburb rather than city location.
Yeah but wouldn't it be under construction by now? Chicago is sure to be a big market for Rivian.

Gerolsteiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y
Occupation
Renewable Energy
Yeah but wouldn't it be under construction by now? Chicago is sure to be a big market for Rivian.
Oh definitely, the implication was that any permitting was being done outside the city and that’s why it wasn’t showing up in the city database (or o was failing to find it but I looked for a while and would be surprised if I missed it).

A little surprised no media outlets have picked up on it though considering how advanced it should be.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Almost entirely positive this won’t be the service center. The permits for the renovation (which are addressed to the Sangamon side for some reason in case anybody else wants to look them up too) don’t have any of the necessary conditions.

Given how far along the service centers are in other markets and the fact that I couldn’t find anything resembling a Chicago service center in the permit database (did find Lucid’s and several other dealer/brands’) my guess is that they're going with a near suburb rather than city location.
I'm assuming that the Normal service center will cover Chicago for the beginning. No point in developing 2 centers so close right out of the gate.

After that, my guess would be a Naperville/Schaumburg location. Naperville on ogden by all the other dealers might be a decent spot.

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Stopped by the Fulton Market Rivian showroom today. Definitely construction happening but not imminently looking to open. I did see rows of porta potties inside on the first floor so if the acceleration forces an evacuation in your R1T you have options, if you can make it ;)

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction Fulton Market Showroom

Thanks to @805Badger and his lovely wife for my sweet custom Rivian shirt that I had to wear for my drive by.

Rivian R1T R1S Chicago Rivian Sales Location Under Construction Fulton Market Showroom Selfie
Sponsored