First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
Not to get political but the Unions and the money feeding between politicians and ford and GM is why I'm glad companies like Tesla and Rivian are coming in.
Why are union shops assumed to be corrupt and non-union companies heroic? Don't you think non union companies hire lobbyists to influence politicians? Have you seen the ignominious anti EV lobbying by Toyota which is mostly non-union?

Despite being non union, Tesla is still operating at a loss and is only EBITDA positive because of its sale of carbon credits. Check its financial reports.

Before you flame me...I own a Tesla and have a Tesla Solar system. Just saying, let's not make blanket assumptions. Unions have been vital to growth of the American middle class and should not be demonized.
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Despite being non union, Tesla is still operating at a loss and is only EBITDA positive because of its sale of carbon credits. Check its financial reports.
That wasn't true in the 2nd quarter of 2021. It is also misleading, since Tesla is growing its production capacity, charging network, etc. all of which add to expenses but do nothing for the bottom line.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Yes, it was lined and had a flip up lid to expose a deeper well with power outlets if I recall correctly.
Others have mentioned the Frunk outlets are 12-volt only(?) and I saw no grocery bag hooks. Keep in mind the one I looked at was not a client-ready final production model.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Others have mentioned the Frunk outlets are 12-volt only(?) and I saw no grocery bag hooks. Keep in mind the one I looked at was not a client-ready final production model.
In some recent photos (from the MT article I think), there were hooks and mesh netting on the leading edge of the frunk. There was nothing in the net so it was easy to miss.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
And California is getting not one, but two test drive events. Colorado still has 0.
You know there’s nearly 40 million people in California, right?

Sponsored

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
That wasn't true in the 2nd quarter of 2021. It is also misleading, since Tesla is growing its production capacity, charging network, etc. all of which add to expenses but do nothing for the bottom line.

I never said Tesla will never be profitable in the future. I said when you pull out revenues from Carbon credits, the auto biz still has a ways to go. They have steadily increased gross profits during 2020, and their production and scale will increase. Not sure what charging network will do to profits, as that is heavily capital intensive and more of operating expense. My point is don't assume being non-union means a company will be automatically profitable. There are many other factors at play.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I never said Tesla will never be profitable in the future.
Yes, but you said it was true now, which isn't entirely correct.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
They had a black one that he said was fresh off of the production line, a rivian blue, and the gray one from the motor trend article.
Did you happen to get a photo of the black one? I don't recall seeing a photo of one in the wild.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Did you happen to get a photo of the black one? I don't recall seeing a photo of one in the wild.
Agreed. The only "black" I recall seeing was the matte black wrap they showed to Dave Alexanian.

Sponsored

Kalorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 BMW X7, R1T Launch Green
When I asked to see the trucks the gentleman who showed them to me initially seemed a little hesitant so I didn’t want to pull my phone out, but I did get a poor excuse for a photo out of my filthy rear window.
Rivian R1T R1S Truckload of R1T spotted heading to Colorado 8F10DF96-0DCC-4088-B87B-814BA10ADE37

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
When I asked to see the trucks the gentleman who showed them to me initially seemed a little hesitant so I didn’t want to pull my phone out, but I did get a poor excuse for a photo out of my filthy rear window.
8F10DF96-0DCC-4088-B87B-814BA10ADE37.jpeg
Lol. Thanks. Good to see someone else's rear windows look similar to mine.

Kalorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 BMW X7, R1T Launch Green
Lol. Thanks. Good to see someone else's rear windows look similar to mine.
Yeah she’s definitely in need of a bath!

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

8F10DF96-0DCC-4088-B87B-814BA10ADE37.jpeg
Uh..... I hate to break it to you, but that is a car seat. Yes, it's black, but still a car seat. :CWL: