Sponsored

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Who cares?
Lol I replied to that guy above. Rivian has used California in almost all of its Rivian stories and marketing materials.
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Also, please ignore, but wanted to add in the proverbial gripe that they are showcasing the R1Ts for the media in Colorado, but still no word on deliveries to customers in Colorado or a First Drive event in Colorado. Way to use Colorado as a prop while contacting customers in LA and NYC for deliveries.
...but you get a front row seat to watch all those out of state Rivians tear up the trails then belly up to one of the first Rivian DCFCs in Salida or one of the level 2s at the state parks!!! :clap:

...Now, don't you feel lucky?

Last edited:

rivi1234

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Is it just me or in the picture of the white R1T does the person on the far left almost facing the camera look like Nikki from Transport Evolved?
The trucks are mostly gone all day but back in the lot around 5PM and after. They were super nice showing me the entire thing and it was nice to see all the colors and interiors. If they are around for a while I will snap more pics and dump them in this thread.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The trucks are mostly gone all day but back in the lot around 5PM and after. They were super nice showing me the entire thing and it was nice to see all the colors and interiors. If they are around for a while I will snap more pics and dump them in this thread.
Any Launch Greens in the group?

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
I still do not understand why Rivian does not want the public taking pictures of their vehicles. They are basically turning down free advertising.

Word of mouth and the organic amplification of your brand is literally the problem companies wish they had; to have this kind of work being done by your fans is priceless. The alternative to this...is expensive marketing campaigns

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Oh man, both those colors looks so good.
With all the questions swirling around about Compass Yellow and Canyon Red, perhaps that drove the decision to put these two on display and in use at a press event. it's a great way for people to get a more realistic look at what these two colors look like in the wild.

Man, I'd love to be there!

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
With all the questions swirling around about Compass Yellow and Canyon Red, perhaps that drove the decision to put these two on display and in use at a press event. it's a great way for people to get a more realistic look at what these two colors look like in the wild.

I know! Especially since I'm still on the fence about switching to that sweet mustard. But I've got an R1S, and for as many pictures as I've seen of the R1T in yellow, I've never seen an S in yellow. We all know that what I'm staring at in the configurator is not going to cut it. As similar as they look, it should be easy, but I still just want to see it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I still do not understand why Rivian does not want the public taking pictures of their vehicles. They are basically turning down free advertising.

Word of mouth and the organic amplification of your brand is literally the problem companies wish they had; to have this kind of work being done by your fans is priceless. The alternative to this...is expensive marketing campaigns
They've generally been fine with it. But if you're a guy driving around all the time and people are taking photos of you every time you stop, I suspect you'd get tired of it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

I wonder if Limestone will still be AWOL.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Lol I replied to that guy above. Rivian has used California in almost all of its Rivian stories and marketing materials.
And California is getting not one, but two test drive events. Colorado still has 0.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
And California is getting not one, but two test drive events. Colorado still has 0.
The test drive events are in markets where the first deliveries will take place. CA has 42% of all BEVs registered and likely has 10+x the orders originating from CO. Rivian could easily justify holding 5 or even 10 events in CA before moving on to any other market.

If you were Rivian, where would you show/deliver first?

It would be absolutely fantastic if they could stage events simultaneously in all markets for all preorder holders in all configurations. And then every preorder holder would get their vehicle on the very first day deliveries took place. And then there is reality.

AndroidAppBundle

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bianchi
Maybe. Or if people are getting too physical with the vehicles. As innocent as jeans or a coat jacket may seem; they are full of exposed metal pieces that will scratch.

I wouldn't be surprised if people were trying to look in to the windows on a parked transport carrier, or hopping in the back of the truck to snap pics.

Speaking of scratches; I wish there was a YouTube channel dedicated to vehicle paint jobs. Specifically from the factory. Some brands claim their paints are eco-friendly; and they just scratch and swirl like crazy. I seen a used 2020+ $51-61k Model 3 with wheel chip/flake in the hardest spots to reach within the rim. It is pretty wild how difficult it is to paint a vehicle with good paint, and powder coat rims....

I guess I would be telling everyone to scram, and keep away from the demo vehicles, too. Because you know - you know if I saw one swirl mark - I would be on this forum raising hell

They've generally been fine with it. But if you're a guy driving around all the time and people are taking photos of you every time you stop, I suspect you'd get tired of it.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Will Amazon drop it off at my front door and email me a pic?

You gave me a bright idea for my next career; Porch pirate. All I need is to get a hold of Rivian's delivery schedule

Rivian R1T R1S Truckload of R1T spotted heading to Colorado 1631735287299

Also, please ignore, but wanted to add in the proverbial gripe that they are showcasing the R1Ts for the media in Colorado, but still no word on deliveries to customers in Colorado or a First Drive event in Colorado. Way to use Colorado as a prop while contacting customers in LA and NYC for deliveries.
Hype is needed to justify the stock price and pump up the orders. What is the point of having a functional factory if you run out of orders.

If I see them sitting outside again as I have for the past two days and no one around I will snap some more.
If you see one with standard 21" road tires on, I love to see how it looks in the wild.

Rivian has been controlling how we view the product tightly. It is a hard habit to change especially when they are going public anyone with a camera and an agenda can do some serious damage.
Sponsored