First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla x2
Occupation
Sales
I also am a May 21 Pre order. I think I will be lucky toget my R1T max pack in 2022. I think spring 2023 is probably more realistic for me and as well as anyone pre-ordering now. Also I agree if you want one you should preorder now. When they finally get produced and delivered to owners the demand will go up!

Lately unfortunately, the car industry is really dealing with some serious supply chain issues. In KC inventory is almost non existent. I was at a Toyota dealer today, ( in service) but noticed they had probably 30 total vehicles on the lot for sale. I commented about it to the service manager how stark the lot looked. He said most of the cars on the lot are preordered and are already sold. They just put them out there to make not appear as bad as it would really look. My point is, do your rivian Pre order now, keep what you have, and ride out this crazy time in the auto industry, I don’t think you will get a good deal anywhere On anything while you are waiting for your rivian. Crazy times for sure right now!
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I mostly just bitch and complain but I’ve got good news - everyone on this thread gets their vehicles by end of 2022.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
(I’m just providing Rivian a free loan. So...)
First of all, It’s only 1000 dollars.

Secondly, it’s refundable if you’re this concerned.

Third, your assumptions about how production ramps work is far off from reality.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I mostly just bitch and complain but I’ve got good news - everyone on this thread gets their vehicles by end of 2022.
Have some inside info, or just your opinion?

Sponsored

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled

Third, your assumptions about how production ramps work is far off from reality.
You mean they don't just flip a switch to start the replication process?
;)

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5
I’m in the same boat as you. Recently joined the forum and debating when I should put down the deposit and pull the trigger. I just got to get my management to sign off on the decision (my wife comes from a strong and loyal Ford dealership family so this a bit of heresy on my part). But I had the same question as you.

I called the customer service center earlier this week and asked if I put a deposit down when might I expect my truck to be produced? The response was current orders being placed now are expected to be fulfilled and delivered in the second half of 2022.

ruawahoo2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade and CX-5
I’m in the same boat as you. Recently joined the forum and debating when I should put down the deposit and pull the trigger. I just got to get my management to sign off on the decision (my wife comes from a strong and loyal Ford dealership family so this a bit of heresy on my part). But I had the same question as you.

I called the customer service center earlier this week and asked if I put a deposit down when might I expect my truck to be produced? The response was current orders being placed now are expected to be fulfilled and delivered in the second half of 2022.
And based on Rivian’s formal IPO filing with the SEC today, I pulled the trigger. Can’t wait for my R1T next year!

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
In fairness, it took me

In fairness it took me almost a year to get my Tesla deposit refund back after I requested it. Ignored emails, etc. that said, I happily have a Rivian deposit and have yet to find a reason why I’d cancel it but it’s a nice interest free loan for the company.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
In fairness it took me almost a year to get my Tesla deposit refund back after I requested it.
Good point. I wouldn’t have done it if Rivian wasn’t so well funded and people weren’t reporting 3-5 business day turnaround on refunds.

Sponsored

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Good point. I wouldn’t have done it if Rivian wasn’t so well funded and people weren’t reporting 3-5 business day turnaround on refunds.
I am not concerned about my $1000 deposit as IMO Rivian is solid and if you can afford a $70-90K vehicle then you can afford the deposit.

I reserved 3/20/21 and do not expect my R1T until late 2023 to mid 2024. I also have a 6/3/21 reservation on the Lightning and expect it late 2023. I prefer the Rivian and more than likely will pass on the Lightning.

One thing that is not up in the air and full of unknowns and speculation is that I will not purchase another ICE.

Rivians

Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ford Raptor, Subaru Ascent
Occupation
Commercial Lender
I am not concerned about my $1000 deposit as IMO Rivian is solid and if you can afford a $70-90K vehicle then you can afford the deposit.

I reserved 3/20/21 and do not expect my R1T until late 2023 to mid 2024. I also have a 6/3/21 reservation on the Lightning and expect it late 2023. I prefer the Rivian and more than likely will pass on the Lightning.

One thing that is not up in the air and full of unknowns and speculation is that I will not purchase another ICE.
If Rivian can't fulfill your preorder by next year then they are in big trouble. I anticipate all preorders being completely fulfilled by end of 2022. Mid 2024? Yikes.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

If Rivian can't fulfill your preorder by next year then they are in big trouble. I anticipate all preorders being completely fulfilled by end of 2022. Mid 2024? Yikes.
I have never heard anything about Rivian completing all pre orders by end of 2022.

I base my estimate on several experiences with Semiconductor HVM start ups. I estimate/guess that I am in the 45,000-55,000th section of reservations.

It seems to me to be common sense that Rivian who has never done HVM before will need a substantial amount of time to ramp up production and to wrestle with supply constraints.

I think Rivian is and will continue to do an extremely good job of building the production ramp. My estimates are not based on any negativity towards Rivian, quite the contrary.

I sincerely hope my estimates are way off but in this world of a screwed up supply chain, the tsunami of manufacturers moving to EV and the inherent complexity of starting up high volume vehicle manufacturing from scratch …. I may actually be optimistic in my estimates.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
the logical thought is they aimed to fill their order books for the first year of production with mostly preorders. I preordered this past July and am guesstimating I’ll have delivery by fall 2022. Although I’d rather summer.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I have never heard anything about Rivian completing all pre orders by end of 2022.

I base my estimate on several experiences with Semiconductor HVM start ups. I estimate/guess that I am in the 45,000-55,000th section of reservations.

It seems to me to be common sense that Rivian who has never done HVM before will need a substantial amount of time to ramp up production and to wrestle with supply constraints.

I think Rivian is and will continue to do an extremely good job of building the production ramp. My estimates are not based on any negativity towards Rivian, quite the contrary.

I sincerely hope my estimates are way off but in this world of a screwed up supply chain, the tsunami of manufacturers moving to EV and the inherent complexity of starting up high volume vehicle manufacturing from scratch …. I may actually be optimistic in my estimates.
So you are expecting them to still be stuck at ~15% of optimal production speed after 2 years of full scale production?
Sponsored