First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Can we not with this shit? This isn’t middle school.
Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

You're such a ray of sunshine.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
I hope you like your Tesla. I too have had enough. I visited Ford yesterday and ordered a Raptor.
@TessP100D - What's the lead time on a new Raptor? I'd considered it but figured it's likely a 4+ month lead time.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
@TessP100D - What's the lead time on a new Raptor? I'd considered it but figured it's likely a 4+ month lead time.
I drove a 2108 yesterday. To use as a placeholder. Very clean. Low miles.

the new 2022 will be available to order on 11/15/21 with first delivery’s expected on 2/3/22.

I think that is the route I’m going for. It’s has all the latest technology and looks amazing.
for me, I just can’t wait any longer for the CT, or RiIvan.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner

the new 2022 will be available to order on 11/15/21 with first delivery’s expected on 2/3/22.

I think that is the route I’m going for. It’s has all the latest technology and looks amazing.
Thanks. I’d passingly considered it but I’m a 12/21/18 R1T LE reservation holder and I keep telling myself you’ll get it SOON. Still hoping to have it by 2/22. Who knows??

Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Thanks. I’d passingly considered it but I’m a 12/21/18 R1T LE reservation holder and I keep telling myself you’ll get it SOON. Still hoping to have it by 2/22. Who knows??
I hope you do and are happy.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##

I love our 2018 Raptor. It's been a solid vehicle. Though it's great, that is the vehicle the RT1 is supposed to replace. We want to get away from ICE vehicles for several reasons.

If you do go that route I am sure you will enjoy it.

Riventures

First Name
Ft
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eTron GT
Occupation
Management Consultant
I was hit with another surprise when we ordered the Tesla. I knew used car prices were spiking, but I didn't understand by how much. (A friend recently bought his Nissan Kicks off lease for $13,200 and sold it two weeks later to Carvana for $19,400.)
By mistake, you quoted me saying I ordered a Raptor, I did not, that was @TessP100D .
Raptor is a wonderful vehicle, several of its elements and functionality appear to be better than Rivian, but it is a dinosaur at the end. The petroleum engine, the mechanical drivetrain, it’s suspension, etc., I no longer find attractive. Although I still find it very handsome.

just today a dealer I had called a month ago who was asking $10K over MSRP, offered me one at MSRP, I told him I’ll pass. I am sticking to EV and Rivian, and the only thing that will change that is a strong objection from my wife ?

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
By mistake, you quoted me saying I ordered a Raptor, I did not, that was @TessP100D
I don't know what happened. I responded to TessP100D by hitting the "reply" button within his post #99, and the quote from his post showed up in the header to my answer. I don't know how your name got inserted into the response. Sorry for the confusion.

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
I love our 2018 Raptor. It's been a solid vehicle. Though it's great, that is the vehicle the RT1 is supposed to replace. We want to get away from ICE vehicles for several reasons.

If you do go that route I am sure you will enjoy it.
I'm starting to think this might be my in-between vehicle as well. I went and test drove one today. I'm very new to Raptors... Are the 2nd gen models reliable?

Sponsored

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
I'm starting to think this might be my in-between vehicle as well. I went and test drove one today. I'm very new to Raptors... Are the 2nd gen models reliable?
I can't speak to the reliability of the first gen raptors as I have never owned one, so I could only report hearsay. What I do know is ours has been trouble free for the most part, I do have a squeak, I think its in the leaf spring. But drive-ability and comfort have been great. Mine only has 16k miles on it (over a 3 year ownership) so take that into consideration.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I can't speak to the reliability of the first gen raptors as I have never owned one, so I could only report hearsay. What I do know is ours has been trouble free for the most part, I do have a squeak, I think its in the leaf spring. But drive-ability and comfort have been great. Mine only has 16k miles on it (over a 3 year ownership) so take that into consideration.
I have driven big Fords all my life. But the Raptor rides like a caddy. So smooth. So perfect. The 2018 I drove was a one owner truck with 9,000 miles on her. A perfect placeholder vehicle.

with All the delays from Tesla and Rivian I just need to do something In between.
after that it will depend on the 2022 Raptor, the 2 electric trucks I really want. I can’t have everything and a I can’t wait for ever. the Ct needs batteries and a production run. The Rivian needs the max pack production run and proof of satisfaction from early buyers, as they are not established as Tesla.

yes I think the wave of the future is electric trucks, but I’m starting to think it will e a while before more people transfer over. So a Raptor maybe my ticket after all.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
I have driven big Fords all my life. But the Raptor rides like a caddy. So smooth. So perfect. The 2018 I drove was a one owner truck with 9,000 miles on her. A perfect placeholder vehicle.

with All the delays from Tesla and Rivian I just need to do something In between.
after that it will depend on the 2022 Raptor, the 2 electric trucks I really want. I can’t have everything and a I can’t wait for ever. the Ct needs batteries and a production run. The Rivian needs the max pack production run and proof of satisfaction from early buyers, as they are not established as Tesla.

yes I think the wave of the future is electric trucks, but I’m starting to think it will e a while before more people transfer over. So a Raptor maybe my ticket after all.
F150 Lightening is soon to arrive as in Tesla speak.

Thanksgramps

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS V Sport
It’s hard to communicate a delay if you don’t know how long it will be. With the supply chain constraints, this likely isn’t in Rivians control - especially if any suppliers have larger orders with Ford/GM/Sony.

Regarding those GM cars sitting in lots waiting for chips, some were flooded recently when Detroit got 10” of rain in two days. There’s no handbook on the best way to deal with the current reality.

I’d also like more details on things like the UI, phone integration, range and colors. I encourage any pre Jan 2021 R1T Max reservation holders to cancel, and I’ll report back as soon as I get mine. ;-)
Sponsored