Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Add the the Rivian in-house audio system, a lil electric spinning disco ball in the back, along with a lil electric cooler for the snacks and beverages, and you got yourself a real party Buss/Van on your hands!
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

No indication on the call of the van ever moving beyond commercial customers, and none of the analysts asked that question.
Website now has this on their FAQ for the fleet page.
1000002200.png

Chadsfantasygarage

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mk 7 Volkswagen GTI
As much as I want to see an RV version of this immediately, with the current estimated range of these battery packs this will not work for roadtrips. Hopefully Rivian will develop a future battery pack for long distance travel (with some solar added) at some point for this application
IMG_9483.jpeg

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

As much as I want to see an RV version of this immediately, with the current estimated range of these battery packs this will not work for roadtrips. Hopefully Rivian will develop a future battery pack for long distance travel (with some solar added) at some point for this application
IMG_9483.jpeg
Current ones are using the LFP battery, which EPA docs say is only 94.7 kWh. Still though, means around 250 miles of range if they put the max pack in instead. Pretty restrictive.

Lisa & Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20217 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
theoldbaileyplace.com, Escalante, Utah.
Clubs

They have a chance to kill it with the RCV :)
So does Amazon. Amazon‘s early investment was based on the long term conversion to urban delivery (commercial) vehicles. Most people seeing an EV van, Amazon, UPS, or FedEx won’t realize Amazon is pocketing a return on investmen.

GANTZ

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, Tesla, Lexus
Occupation
Yes
So who here wants to invest with me in a fleet of these and convert them to vacation travel vehicles. I coin this name and idea so if anyone does please at least cut me in for 10%. Take Roads And Vacation in Electric Luxury (TRAVEL) RIVIAN 🚐 .

(Tavel limitations based on charging availability)

chicagoair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Performance Max Pack
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how quickly new deals are reached. I'd be surprised if Rivian didn't at least have a list of interested parties, if not non-binding agreements with other companies.
An interesting part of the earnings call was Rivian repeatedly mentioning other fleets would need a pilot period to determine the infrastructure needs and uncover other unknowns.

They did mention a list of interested parties and that they’d be announcing deals s00n, but we won’t see the large financial results for a while.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
IMG_9483.jpeg
I do not think increasing range would be an issue, these ranges were based on Amazon requirements.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian 2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Occupation
Construction Management
When I heard the exclusivity clause was ending I think our collective brains instantly dreamt of a Rivian 700 van with dual motor enduro, 300 mile range at $100K as a blank canvas for our class B motorhome builds.
C'mon RJ make it happen!

zpowell

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Pilot
Does anyone care to guess what the production capacity is for the EDV? If Rivian does 10,000 EDV's for Amazon in 2024, how many more might be available to other commercial/fleet customers?

I'd guess that since the EDV is super basic as compared to the R1, production should easily match the R1 production volumes. Is there enough commercial van demand at 50,000 units a year? At $83-87,000 I would think they are turning a profit on each van AND they don't have any pre-order/old pricing to honor like the R1. Hard to imagine there is enough demand for 50,000 units a year.

Also, the range is good enough for most local commercial operators. Not nearly enough to a recreational camper/overlander van. These 2wd/tiny tires, low suspension vans wouldn't have any trail attributes either.

zpowell

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Pilot
When I heard the exclusivity clause was ending I think our collective brains instantly dreamt of a Rivian 700 van with dual motor enduro, 300 mile range at $100K as a blank canvas for our class B motorhome builds.
C'mon RJ make it happen!
I don't think there is a big enough battery to overcome the aerodynamics need for 300 miles. What is the mi/kwh for the Amazon van traveling 70mph?

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Does anyone care to guess what the production capacity is for the EDV? If Rivian does 10,000 EDV's for Amazon in 2024, how many more might be available to other commercial/fleet customers?

I'd guess that since the EDV is super basic as compared to the R1, production should easily match the R1 production volumes. Is there enough commercial van demand at 50,000 units a year? At $83-87,000 I would think they are turning a profit on each van AND they don't have any pre-order/old pricing to honor like the R1. Hard to imagine there is enough demand for 50,000 units a year.

Also, the range is good enough for most local commercial operators. Not nearly enough to a recreational camper/overlander van. These 2wd/tiny tires, low suspension vans wouldn't have any trail attributes either.
Rivian said it’ll be 65k/yr by end of 2024
Sponsored