kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

That was a pre-pre-production model that Rivian paid another company to make for them. The hinges were custom built and I wouldn’t take any of it as fact for how the production unit will be.
Correct. As I said it's old and it will be different.
Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
I have the open space in my i3 in the center, and at first thought I wouldn't like it, but it really gives a feeling of spaciousness, and now I really want all my cars to be like that.
Exactly this. That massive console going all the way through is exactly one thing I don’t care for on the Polestar 2.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
What’s the likelihood they took all these photos in 2019? The last time we had a Thursday that was the 28th of November per the phone below… ?

382DEB9F-EA30-4B83-8511-EB280604053C.jpeg

May have missed this in the story, wireless charging pad?

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
When were these pictures taken? The iPhone says November 28?!?!?

Rivian R1T R1S INTERIOR feature / details just posted at Rivian.com B782BA76-2608-4B80-9442-4AB4D8FEFAC7

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What’s the likelihood they took all these photos in 2019? The last time we had a Thursday that was the 28th of November per the phone below… ?
I'd bet that's just photoshopped

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

How many of you think you'll use that external speaker thingy? When I'm outdoors, I want to hear nature...not a bunch of human noise. Nothing irritates me more than someone playing their music when I'm in a campground and trying the hear the birds. I doubt we'll ever use that thing. Maybe I can sell it...humm...I wonder if you have two if both will play? Someone might like to have two...any buyers for ours?;) Would have been nice if it was an option.
Annie, I'm with you in that there will be many times when I want to hear nothing more than the animals and the birds. Having said that, there will be times (e.g. Autumn Saturday tailgaters) when I want to listen to nothing more than The Animals and The Byrds....and The Beatles, Eagles, Black Crowes, Turtles, and Phish. I promise you that when I do listen to those sounds, no actual campers will be harmed, or even bothered. I hate that guy as much as the one that feels the need to bring the brightest floodlamp to light up the entire forest and sky.

All that said, I'd love to have two and would be happy to buy yours when the time comes! Please message me any time to discuss.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

B782BA76-2608-4B80-9442-4AB4D8FEFAC7.jpeg
lg3103,

Nice catch! Don't know if it means something, but it's either a legit "timestamp", or someone's messing with us. The expert level of sleuthing here reminds me of the research that took place when rumors surfaced that Paul McCartney was dead, back in 1969. People were playing records backwards to hear the words "Turn me on, dead man" and John Lennon said "I buried Paul" at the end of Strawberry Fields Forever. I'm truly impressed by some of the things and details people have found in videos, pictures, documents, and interviews.

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
If someone makes a tablet holder which attaches to that back seat clip, the nearby USB port means people in the back can put their tablet in the holder, plug in a short cable to keep it charged, and not worry about getting tangled up in a long cable which plugs in near the floor.
Time to fire up the 3D printer...

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
I would have liked to see more images. I wonder if they are forthcoming? Especially of the under seat storage bins. This is the first time I’ve seen measurements and am wondering what they look like. I’m also not clear if the rear seat under storage bin Is still going to be missing from the extended range version of the R1T.
What I've been told my Rivian CS over the last few months is that the extended range will still have the storage bin, but there will be less storage available as some of it will be taken up by the larger battery pack.

I have regularly followed up with them trying to get specifics on the volume of underseat storage for the back bench and how it might differ between the Long Range and Max Pack, and every time they responds saying they don't have that information available yet.

The R1T interior posts states "Items you don’t need while driving can be stowed under the R1T’s rear seats. Simply lift the pull tab at the base of the seat cushion to reveal a 33-inch wide storage bin that spans the width of the center and driver-side rear seats."

So it sounds like it's not a full-length bin, storage only spans between the center seat and the seat behind the driver. So it could be they standardized on that for all vehicles and in the max pack version of the vehicle the extra battery will simply be tucked up under rear seat that is behind the front passenger seat. Speculation on my part.

Either way, I've continuously followed up on the underseat storage difference question, and have yet to have an answer. Not that the R1T is lacking storage options in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.?

Sponsored

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)

B782BA76-2608-4B80-9442-4AB4D8FEFAC7.jpeg
As an engineer we (the software industry) frequently hide Easter eggs in our products and advertising efforts. Like how every Apple hardware announcement uses the same time (9:42), how every android announcement has encoded information in the timestamp on device screenshots (they even make it so developers can force a specific time on their device for this type of thing, not sure if iOS does).

My money is on that November 28, 2019 has some significant importance to Rivian. More broadly applicable to the whole electric car industry this was the date that European parliament declared a climate emergency likely igniting the industry and funding of more sustainable energy sources and use products.

Last edited:

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
USB-C all around is a nice surprise. For those stuck in the old times, there's the 12V plug for your own charger.
My phone will charge via inductive or USB-C, but my radar detector needs 12v.

Reactions: Rad

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
The story has been updated.

1623959610031.png
I find this comical and alarming at the same time. I think it's universally agreed that Rivian had a substantial amount of time to release some general info about the interior and then one of the few quantifiable metrics contained an error. I hope this is not foreshadowing of the rollout as a whole.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I recently got T-Mobile Internet, to update my Rivian....eventually. Prior to this, I used my phone's hotspot (desktop) for internet, but it was limited. If this feature could replace my current setup, unlimited, and is either free, or much less expensive than what I have, I would consider it.

My Internet connecting devices will always be about 25 ft from the Rivian, if the wi-fi extends that far. And, I don't need wi-fi at my home when I'm gone. I'll contact Customer Service to see if they can answer my questions.
My biggest complaint about the Wifi in my Bolt is that it goes out when the power in the car is off. I haven't looked into if I can rewire something to make it stay on all the time but it'd probably kill the 12V system pretty expediently.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Annie, I'm with you in that there will be many times when I want to hear nothing more than the animals and the birds. Having said that, there will be times (e.g. Autumn Saturday tailgaters) when I want to listen to nothing more than The Animals and The Byrds....and The Beatles, Eagles, Black Crowes, Turtles, and Phish. I promise you that when I do listen to those sounds, no actual campers will be harmed, or even bothered. I hate that guy as much as the one that feels the need to bring the brightest floodlamp to light up the entire forest and sky.

All that said, I'd love to have two and would be happy to buy yours when the time comes! Please message me any time to discuss.
:CWL: ?:CWL:?:CWL: I was waiting to hear from you! I knew you'd have the funniest, most creative response to my noise rant. Just got my computer on this morning and now you've made my day start with a good laugh. :clap::giggle::like:
Sponsored