Sponsored

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Land Rover Discovery
Took a look last week and they are about ready to go. (On 116th in Bellevue.) Maybe the plan is to open by Jul 4th with test drives, etc. for early res holders. I am 4700 for R1S so will keep you posted.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Oh the one near Belltown on 1st? Cool spot for it. I kinda figured it would either be over there somewhere or closer to SLU ...but then again the Tesla store being closer to SLU... meh. ?

Who did the sleuthing to find the addresses/locations for Downtown and Bellevue? Best I could do was find generic job postings for Bellevue and 'Seattle'. ?. ***edit*** ?‍♂skimmed the Geekwire article. lol
Ryan,

An earlier thread shows the Belltown location to be a block and a half south of where the kickoff event took place in October of 2019. I'd love to give credit for whoever sleuthed that information out, but you'll find it if you look back through those "Location" threads.

Exciting news to see the Service Center almost completed! I'm wondering if the sales Center is on hold until they're able to sort out the auto-dealers' sponsored legislation to keep online retailers out.

Any news on that front in the local media?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Ryan,

An earlier thread shows the Belltown location to be a block and a half south of where the kickoff event took place in October of 2019. I'd love to give credit for whoever sleuthed that information out, but you'll find it if you look back through those "Location" threads.

Exciting news to see the Service Center almost completed! I'm wondering if the sales Center is on hold until they're able to sort out the auto-dealers' sponsored legislation to keep online retailers out.

Any news on that front in the local media?
Re the Belltown storefront
https://www.djc.com/news/re/12138766.html

Re service center in bellevue
https://www.geekwire.com/2021/interest-electric-trucks-rise-rivian-gets-ready-business-seattle-area/

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Just drove by the Bellevue service center. Fencing is down and the construction crews seem to be gone. Wonder what's next???

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Yeah, I just drive by it like an hour ago. It’s looking like it’s almost ready to go!

Sponsored

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Do you have a sense when they started construction? Trying to gain a general feel for time to convert a similar space
The Belltown storefront hasn’t even begun conversion yet, at least not that I’ve seen. But the Bellevue service center went up pretty quick. Couldn’t give you exact dates, but it seems like it came together in just like 4-5 months

Seattleite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Slacker
The Belltown storefront hasn’t even begun conversion yet, at least not that I’ve seen. But the Bellevue service center went up pretty quick. Couldn’t give you exact dates, but it seems like it came together in just like 4-5 months
I'm certainly no expert on construction and how permitting works, but I just searched Seattle permits (Seattle Permit Search) for 2112 1st Ave (the putative location of the showroom), and there are three letters all dated 6/11/21 withdrawing the applications for construction/mechanical/electrical and stating that the project was cancelled. Things that make you go hmmm.....

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm certainly no expert on construction and how permitting works, but I just searched Seattle permits (Seattle Permit Search) for 2112 1st Ave (the putative location of the showroom), and there are three letters all dated 6/11/21 withdrawing the applications for construction/mechanical/electrical and stating that the project was cancelled. Things that make you go hmmm.....
Yeah. That's not a good sign for the showroom. I don't generally manage permits, but deal with them in the City frequently. I haven't had a client frivolously cancel a permit.

Sponsored

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It looks to me like they are dropping the showroom. Wash. sales will be delivered direct and serviced in Bellevue. Another victim of Seattle's anti business attitude.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It looks to me like they are dropping the showroom. Wash. sales will be delivered direct and serviced in Bellevue. Another victim of Seattle's anti business attitude.
I doubt it has anything to do with Seattle, and more to do with the State pro-existing business (dealers) laws that don't allow manufacturers other than Tesla to sell direct to consumer in State.

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I doubt it has anything to do with Seattle, and more to do with the State pro-existing business (dealers) laws that don't allow manufacturers other than Tesla to sell direct to consumer in State.
MMMM........Maybe...........!

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yep, that shitting on Seattle schtick is getting tiring. Esp since Seattle actually is doing quite well for a large city, growing both economically and in terms of population during this last year more than any other large city in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a spot somewhere else in SLU, downtown, or at University Village.

That said, WA state deliveries and sales are impacted by the franchise dealership laws.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian’s Bellevue service center - first look IMG_2734

More activity at the Bellevue site! If this doesn't qualify as a (literal) ribbon cutting, I'm not sure what does. Sorry for the poor quality, had to snap the picture quickly.
Sponsored