First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hey Kialoa et al - I just spoke at length with Rivian CS, told them several order holders including some that did NOT order the LE have had conversations with their Guides. I referred him to this forum, and he spoke with several other guides. Called me back, he said there is no way this is true, that only LE holders are getting calls, and the only way a non-LE holder would get a call is if they changed their order to a different version.

Not looking to accuse or imply anything here, just trying to get clarification . As an LE order holder from 1/2018 I'm a bit peeved if non-LE holders are getting calls before I am.

Any details on order numbers and color schemes that have had Guide calls would be much appreciated.

cheers.
Why do you think there have been non-LE orders contacted from the forum? I haven't seen anyone make that claim.
Sponsored

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
I asked about my 1/5/19 order reservation and why others with later reservations were getting theirs earlier than me:

"Thanks for reaching out! I hope your day is going well! We appreciate your support and patience as a longtime preorder holder in bringing the R1T and R1S to life. While I don't quite have visibility into your place in line, keep in mind that in addition to your preorder date, your configuration and delivery location also play a role in your delivery timeline. No worries!"

I know but I had to ask. At this rate, I would not be surprised by a non-LE getting a call from a guide.

Reactions: Rad

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Guide Contacted Finally! (For Real) ? 3f600a5802f15078d248f7b42f98364e63a40749924104d3b6e9952f07c4d6b3

It's wild how whiney we've become. I've come to accept I won't get my R1T before deployment in July and I'll have to wait till I return. I think y'all need to do something similar and get lost for a few months, then be grateful when you return and your vehicle is ready.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
There is ZERO evidence of non-LE customers getting calls from guides. If you think you have evidence of this, please link it here.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I asked about my 1/5/19 order reservation and why others with later reservations were getting theirs earlier than me:

"Thanks for reaching out! I hope your day is going well! We appreciate your support and patience as a longtime preorder holder in bringing the R1T and R1S to life. While I don't quite have visibility into your place in line, keep in mind that in addition to your preorder date, your configuration and delivery location also play a role in your delivery timeline. No worries!"

I know but I had to ask. At this rate, I would not be surprised by a non-LE getting a call from a guide.
Why? They've been pretty explicit that LE will hear from guides by end of November, and then the other pre-order holders start.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian Guide training book:

Customer question: "I have an early preorder # from 2018 (or 2019)... when can I expect a call to discuss finalizing vehicle purchase and delivery?"

Approved response: "Thanks for reaching out! I hope your day is going well! We appreciate your support and patience as a longtime preorder holder. While I don't have visibility into your place in line, bear in mind that in addition to your preorder date, your configuration and delivery location also play a role in your delivery timeline."

all the while thinking... "Don't these Riviots realize by now we can't tell them anything meaningful because we aren't informed about anything meaningful."

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
It's wild how whiney we've become. I've come to accept I won't get my R1T before deployment in July and I'll have to wait till I return.
I’m just annoyed I couldn’t celebrate National Donut Day as our founding fathers intended — doing tank turns in an empty field.
Hopefully this time next year....

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
There is ZERO evidence of non-LE customers getting calls from guides. If you think you have evidence of this, please link it here.
Agree - have not heard of any instance of this on any of the boards I’m looking at.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

all the while thinking... "Don't these Riviots realize by now we can't tell them anything meaningful because we aren't informed about anything meaningful."
At least one Riviot has accepted this unspoken 2-3 month delay. It's okay, we'll survive, and next year be laughing about it at our Rivian rallies.

Sponsored

Kachook

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mustang Mach-E, Odyssey and former iX
The other thing too is that a lot of car manufacturers are on delay without much information. For instance, I put down a deposit on a Model X and I keep getting pushed with no information. Of course, it says delivery is expected in January now but I am not holding my breath. As a person who is not naturally patient, it is hard to wait but not much else I can do. It is not like I know when the F-150 lightning or Hummer are actually coming out. I have only had a deposit for both vehicles since early April. I can only imagine how some of you feel with deposits going on three years and only getting your vehicle in year four.

loudOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Why do you think there have been non-LE orders contacted from the forum? I haven't seen anyone make that claim.
Hello SeaGeo - thanks for the question...looks like I may have misinterpreted the LE colors; my impression was that the LE greens were going to be first out of the factory.

That said, when I spoke w Rivian and specifically mentioned the other colors Kialoa, godfodder0901 AdamL had ordered, I was told LG green vehicles would be the first orders filled.

Perhaps the CS person or I misunderstood each other, but I tried to be very clear.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Hello SeaGeo - thanks for the question...looks like I may have misinterpreted the LE colors; my impression was that the LE greens were going to be first out of the factory.

That said, when I spoke w Rivian and specifically mentioned the other colors Kialoa, godfodder0901 AdamL had ordered, I was told LG green vehicles would be the first orders filled.

Perhaps the CS person or I misunderstood each other, but I tried to be very clear.
Ah. Yeah, so a launch edition doesn't *have* to be launch edition green. The way your original post (and I'm conversation with CS) read is that you thought pre-orders holders that aren't launch edition orders were being contacted by guides. Being curious about people who have non-LE green launch editions being contacted ahead of some LE green orders is probably more a function of their location than the color. They don't seem like they're going to do *all* of the Launch greens before any other colors.

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
I'm sure my call will come on November 24 since I'm in Alaska. I'm expecting them tell tell me my delivery date is end of April 2022 ??
Sponsored