LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I had dark 20s but recently switched to standard 20s

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
"R1T version" and "R1S version" don't really make sense anymore, to noobs anyway. The configurator defaults to the 21" and all 3 20" AT options are available for the same cost on an R1T or an R1S. Is the "R1T version" the one that doesn't have a dark version of the same shape?

Unfortunately, I'll bet the "R1T AT" that people seem to prefer will get the worst EPA numbers of the bunch.

To me, the "dark AT" option is the best looking choice, but $3,500 is a pretty pricey upgrade, IMO. How much would it usually cost to black powder coat a set of wheels? If <$1,700, it seems like it would make more sense to just get the regular ones and do that instead of getting the dark ones from the start.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Unfortunately, I'll bet the "R1T AT" that people seem to prefer will get the worst EPA numbers of the bunch.
Rivian has previously stated that the 21" is expected to deliver the best range and the 20" the worst (due to the much heavier AT tire) with the 22" falling in the middle.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian has previously stated that the 21" is expected to deliver the best range and the 20" the worst (due to the much heavier AT tire) with the 22" falling in the middle.
That makes total sense. I was going even further though, suggesting that there could be range differences between the different 20" wheel designs. The "R1S version" looks like it could be slightly more aerodynamic than the R1T version. Maybe that's wrong though.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Guess I'm the only sucker that loves the look of black wheels and would rather get them factory then powder-coat after the fact. Knowing that's probably pushing my delivery even farther back isn't a great feeling though :( I've got a while before a contact anyway for my R1T LE (9/20 reservation) but the first question I'll ask my guide is how much sooner is my delivery if I go to the standard 20" (and then just get them powder coated for ~750$).

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Currently have std R1T 20” AT configured, but may change from std to black (or do aftermarket powder coat) depending on what exterior color I end up with.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Guess I'm the only sucker that loves the look of black wheels and would rather get them factory then powder-coat after the fact. Knowing that's probably pushing my delivery even farther back isn't a great feeling though :( I've got a while before a contact anyway for my R1T LE (9/20 reservation) but the first question I'll ask my guide is how much sooner is my delivery if I go to the standard 20" (and then just get them powder coated for ~750$).
I think I’m the 1 other person that likes the dark wheels (22’s). It’s going to be my wife’s and she chose White paint. I’ve been debating with a CS for the past week about Large (which is really mid pack vs Max Pack). I could have been a LE R1T (Dec. 2018) but choose the max pack. I changed my configuration today for the 227 time. Ok, maybe only 27. I asked if this has pushed me back to 2026 delivery date?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think I’m the 1 other person that likes the dark wheels (22’s). It’s going to be my wife’s and she chose White paint. I’ve been debating with a CS for the past week about Large (which is really mid pack vs Max Pack). I could have been a LE R1T (Dec. 2018) but choose the max pack. I changed my configuration today for the 227 time. Ok, maybe only 27. I asked if this has pushed me back to 2026 delivery date?
White paint, black wheels, aka the Stormtrooper helmet!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Caymanwent

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Yeah I think I put my 2/19 res at the back of the line with the dark wheels. Along with the red canyon choice, my LE R1S will probably drop in 2023.

MBuster

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, R1S (waiting for Max Pack)
Occupation
Construction
Yeah I think I put my 2/19 res at the back of the line with the dark wheels. Along with the red canyon choice, my LE R1S will probably drop in 2023.
Where do you see this I thought they were all by spring of 2022 according to what they are saying. Why so long after what they are saying? Or are you just one that think they are lyin about everything.

MBuster

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, R1S (waiting for Max Pack)
Occupation
Construction
I can't wait till that much and I don;t even have LE just the regular and want the longer range one

OP
OP
Caymanwent

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Where do you see this I thought they were all by spring of 2022 according to what they are saying. Why so long after what they are saying? Or are you just one that think they are lyin about everything.
It was my poor attempt at a joke. I’m guessing I’ll get mine in dec this year.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I think the black wheels look really good with the white exterior. That was my initial config (R1T 20”). I may revert back to that before it’s all said and done, but would likely get std 20” wheels powder coated vs. paying $1800 upcharge.
Sponsored