Sponsored

What's the point of "Launch Green" if you're not going to launch with it??

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Looks like the first contacts are the people that ordered the Blue/black model. I don't get it. What's the point of a launch color if you aren't going to launch with it?? For me, it knocks the "specialness" of the Launch Green down a notch. I would have ordered a different color, but decided the LG would be unique and might get the R1T to me sooner. WRONG!! My LG Riv has lost its muchness a bit! :crying:
Rivian R1T R1S What's the point of "Launch Green" if you're not going to launch with it?? 1622228813488
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Yeah, I settled on Launch Green (as a placeholder since I’m still undecided on color) thinking that it would be an earlier rollout. The name, in addition to the popularity based on polls here, led me to that presumption. Obviously I missed the mark with my guess, but frankly I’m not in any huge rush. Given the lack of transparency they’ve provided, I need to see far more of this truck before I commit to it.

here’s hoping that all the early folks have great experiences and share lots of info with the rest of us! ?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I guess they could call it Post Launch Green....

I have to agree, really surprised it is not first out of the gate.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

They have to go by order number really, if a lot of people earlier on had different colors vs launch green it will probably be a logistical night mare so they could be coordinating in batches. Blue, Blacks earlier holders. Launch green earlier holders, etc

BuckeyeTruckGuy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper Clubman S All4; R1T Reservation
Oh I see now. You were not aware that it was just a typo and meant to be called “Lunch Green”. Now that you have the facts straight I’m sure you can understand that they would not be giving priority delivery to your color choice. :like:

Sponsored

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Uhh, they are launching with it. They're currently fulfilling Launch Edition orders exclusively. Once those orders are fulfilled they're dropping that color (unless they decide not to, these aren't legally-binding terms). If you mean why aren't they literally rolling the first production vehicles in that color, does it really matter? They simply said this is the color that we're reserving for this first generation of the vehicles - think of it as "limited time only green."

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Uhh, they are launching with it. They're currently fulfilling Launch Edition orders exclusively. Once those orders are fulfilled they're dropping that color (unless they decide not to, these aren't legally-binding terms). If you mean why aren't they literally rolling the first production vehicles in that color, does it really matter? They simply said this is the color that we're reserving for this first generation of the vehicles - think of it as "limited time only green."
I get what you are saying and that's probably exactly the thought behind it. But, it still would have been more "fun" or "Rivianish" had they actually started production with the "Launch Green" only. Those R1T's would have been really special.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Launch Green will only be available on LE Vehicles.

The blue on the other hand is named "Rivian Blue", is a favorite of RJ and will likely be the signature color over the long haul.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I originally spec-ed Rivian Blue/Black Mountain. Along the way I switched to Launch Green/Ocean Coast. :CWL:

We have a small sample size so far. I think location / order date likely still is a much larger factor than exterior color.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
This is all assuming they’ve even finalized the color for Launch Green…

Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Launch Green will only be available on LE Vehicles.

The blue on the other hand is named "Rivian Blue", is a favorite of RJ and will likely be the signature color over the long haul.
I don't think it will be a signature color just because it's more expensive than every other option but yellow. If Rivian wanted to tightly ingrain that color with their branding it would be a standard color, or at the very least one of the lower-cost options so that it would be more common to see them on the road.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This is all assuming they’ve even finalized the color for Launch Green…
They have to settle on a version of green in order to launch Launch Green...
Rivian R1T R1S What's the point of "Launch Green" if you're not going to launch with it?? 1622242386820

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
Looks like the first contacts are the people that ordered the Blue/black model. I don't get it. What's the point of a launch color if you aren't going to launch with it?? For me, it knocks the "specialness" of the Launch Green down a notch. I would have ordered a different color, but decided the LG would be unique and might get the R1T to me sooner. WRONG!! My LG Riv has lost its muchness a bit! :crying:
1622228813488.png
Well LG will still be special because it’s limited run, whereas as the other colors will be produced indefinitely and in unlimited quantities.

Wanderer

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Etron
I get what you are saying and that's probably exactly the thought behind it. But, it still would have been more "fun" or "Rivianish" had they actually started production with the "Launch Green" only. Those R1T's would have been really special.
They started with customers that live in places that can actually get service, color was at bottom of the list.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: