Sponsored

How about free MaxPack Upgrades for LEs?!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

free RAN charging for 5 years would be nice. Especially since it will be 2 or 3 years to build-out half the network even though they said 3,000 stations in 3 years. Likely take five years to complete it.

Not suggesting free charging everywhere. Just the fast DC chargers that are Rivian-exclusive.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
A few things would help:
  • Overcommunication - All the details in the world about the vehicles including complete specs, EPA range data, best estimates for delivery times on an individual basis, and guided video tours.
  • Traveling Circus - MANY traveling events all throughout the country where Rivians visit major metro areas, provide test drives, and Q&A sessions with actual product experts.
  • 300+ KW - Confirmation that vehicles will charge at over 300 kw and what date that will be available. A good charging curve with that as a lengthy peak.
  • Factory Delivery - An option for this at no charge, possibly with a quicker delivery slot.
  • Connected Car - No charge premium connectivity forever like in the older Teslas. (traffic data, music, etc.)
  • Cannonball - Providing Kyle Watkins a production vehicle that he can capture the Electric Cannonball record in while recording the whole thing and publishing it ASAP on Youtube. His take on it is important.
  • Swag - Always helps. Some of the stuff I was sent when I pre-ordered a very early BMW S1000RR is still in my home office.
Other stuff that is rediculous:
  • No more loooooongboi - The 180 degree tailgate was dope and should be reintroduced. The current one looks to be in it's own zipcode when down. :(
  • Sunshade - Retractable sunshade like what is in the Ionic 5.
  • Carplay and AA optional.
  • Retrofitable removeable top.
  • Sliding or descending rear window.
  • Frunkasaurus rex that is BIGGER and easier to access.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Traveling Circus - MANY traveling events all throughout the country where Rivians visit major metro areas, provide test drives, and Q&A sessions with actual product experts.
This you'll get. The others, not so much.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
This you'll get. The others, not so much.
Yep. It's also the least meaningful to me and should already be happening.

?‍♂

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Changing my R1T Adventure reservation to a Launch Edition would help A LOT ?‍♂??
I'm still trying to figure how to do that too.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE (QM/L), 2024 Zero DSR/X
Occupation
Product Management
Gotta say, this is all getting a bit out of hand.

No, you don't deserve a $10,000 option because you made assumptions about timelines. Your hurry does not equal Rivian's crisis.

Rivian promised deliveries starting in June and that they expect to deliver all LEs by the end of the year. Nobody was promised a June 1st delivery or a phone call on a specific week or day. And we know that launching a net-new car company into the world is one of the most harrowing propositions in business.

Some things may slip by weeks (or-gasp!-months) for some people. Some bits of information may not come with the full glossy parts catalog you'd get from Ford. Some ambitious promises may not pan out. It sucks but that's absolutely the game you're playing. Buy a Ford if you want a Ford.

Rivian is ramping up a tough operation and especially for new team members, having the community's support can mean the difference between a great day at work and hating your job. We'll get our toys. Let's be decent to the folks building them.

This all reminds me of when Tesla owners whined about Model 3 price cuts so hard that Tesla sent every P3D buyer $5,000 to shut up. I'd just as soon we as a community not get in the habit of being similarly entitled. I guarantee you nobody at Rivian is fucking around with deadlines or withholding info just for shits and giggles. Stow your pitchforks.

(Yes, I cashed my Tesla check. My high horse is only so high.)

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Gotta say, this is all getting a bit out of hand.

No, you don't deserve a $10,000 option because you made assumptions about timelines. Your hurry does not equal Rivian's crisis.
100% agree. The only thing Rivian has done wrong to date is undercommunicated. That doesn't entitle any of us to anything. Even if they delay, same deal - nothing is owed. Anyone can bail at any time and get the deposit back.

Rivian promised deliveries starting in June and that they expect to deliver all LEs by the end of the year. Nobody was promised a June 1st delivery or a phone call on a specific week or day.
They never stated that they were going to deliver all of the LE vehicles by the end of the year. That is a pseudo calculated date that has been repeated enough to be considered fact. Everyone assumes that the all of the LE's will be delivered prior to other models, and that very much may not be the case. Take a look at the fiasco that was the Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition rollout. I received my custom ordered JT before TONS of LE's were delivered.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Big battery is silly. Hopefully they do offer some free charging on the RAN though. Free promotion and word of mouth that they have this great network to help reach fun destinations.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Some real comms vs. Twitter pics of RJ and his family camping during production ramp up Hell!

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I guarantee you nobody at Rivian is fucking around with deadlines or withholding info just for shits and giggles.
Maybe not for “shits and giggles” but they are definitely withholding info. Which only leaves us to speculate why. There aren’t very many rational explanations for it, and the ones that do come to mind aren’t good. Whatever bad news might be forthcoming, more transparency and communication would have gone a long way in building good will to mitigate that. Major gaff on Rivian’s part, and makes many of us question if other aspects of their operations might not have similar deficiencies.

P.S. I don’t think they “owe” me anything to compensate for the problem. Just fix the fucking problem!

OP
OP

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
Some real comms vs. Twitter pics of RJ and his family camping during production ramp up Hell!
Yes. Besides all the beautiful in-fighting on the forum, just consider for a moment the level of tone-deafness it takes for the CEO to post, "Hey, I've got an R1T. What about you guys?" and nothing else for weeks on-end. Makes the atmosphere around Rivian feel a little more musky, doesn't it? That's my point about RIvian stomping the years of goodwill and "RJ is just regular engineer-guy" image. Stealth Mode at this point suggests: (i) they're F'd, (ii) they just don't care, (iii) the people responsible for sacking the Comms Team have just been sacked, (iv) all of the above.
Sponsored