Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

FUCCC Yeah this is the one I'm looking forward to

" In an upcoming post, we’ll share details of the R1T interior. We’re planning a similar tour of the key interior and exterior features of the R1S as well. "
Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

" In an upcoming post, we’ll share details of the R1T interior. We’re planning a similar tour of the key interior and exterior features of the R1S as well. "
"In an upcoming post.." should not be read as next week. But we can hope.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Nice, so the air compressor kit is an option. I'm assuming most will purchase that.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
FUCCC Yeah this is the one I'm looking forward to

Yeah. They actually started and ended with "we will have more info in x,y,z over the next few weeks" basically. Thumbs up. The actual story is nice, but it seems like they read us bitching and responded accordingly. Lol.

Question. Do you all interpret the post to mean the manual cover isn't retractable and is only removable?

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Nice, so the air compressor kit is an option. I'm assuming most will purchase that.
It's part of the "Off-Road Upgrade" which is included on LE and Adventure Package and optional on the Explore Package.

edit: thanks @cohall for pointing out my oversight of the small but vitally important word "kit" in @eggpaul's post. yes, the hose kit is an accessory. Was also nice to see that it will indeed reach all 4 tires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
It's part of the "Off-Road Upgrade" which is included on LE and Adventure Package and optional on the Explore Package.
I believe he's referencing the kit that includes the extra long hose and adaptors, which is optional for all trims.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Yeah. They actually started and ended with "we will have more info in x,y,z over the next few weeks" basically. Thumbs up. The actual story is nice, but it seems like they read us bitching and responded accordingly. Lol.

Question. Do you all interpret the post to mean the manual cover isn't retractable and is only removable?
Manual cover is part of the Basic trim level (can't remember the name of it off hand) and has no power tonneau, its manually removed in 4 pieces. they did say that it can be clicked together to make a camp table which is a cool trade off

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Manual cover is part of the Basic trim level (can't remember the name of it off hand) and has no power tonneau, its manually removed in 4 pieces. they did say that it can be clicked together to make a camp table which is a cool trade off
Yeah, I just didn't realize it could manually roll up. I was under the impression it was basically the powered cover minus the power.

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Yeah, I just didn't realize it could manually roll up. I was under the impression it was basically the powered cover minus the power.
I think it's just 4 separate pieces you can remove and store in the gear tunnel. No rolling action.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I think it's just 4 separate pieces you can remove and store in the gear tunnel. No rolling action.
Welp, I may be upgrading from the explorer trim. Ventilated seats almost had me. This is just another nudge.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Welp, I may be upgrading from the explorer trim. Ventilated seats almost had me. This is just another nudge.
Yes, I think after spending close to 70k many will choose to spend a few more thousand for the extra features that you might regret not getting.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Still lacking information. How am I supposed to know if the tonneau cover is engineered for 4 feet of light Utah powder (1:14 water:snow ratio) or my Mid-Atlantic heart attack special (1:7 ratio)? #dealbreaker

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Seems like that post was mostly regurgitated info we already had, and photos/screenshots they had already posted. Now the interior post they do I am very interested in, hope they use new photos so we can see finally what the production steering wheel will look like, controls, switchgear, etc.
Sponsored