First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Looks like a big push as I just received the update. Never this early for me in the past.
Sponsored

Tejkalra

First Name
Tejinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Interesting, I was under the impression it was all software related for Driver+; didn't realize they updated hardware the past year.

Coming from an EV6 which had tremendously good driver assist I am pleasantly surprised w/how well the R1T performs. After reading forum posts I was concerned it would be inferior, but after using it for several days including a long commute I am quite satisfied with it. The Kia was better, but Rivian can continue to catch up and possibly surpass them.
I loved kia ev6 driving assist too. Worked much better for me. So far I am not to excited about rivian driver+. But let it catch up. There is always room for improvement. Kia ev6 doesn't have OTA updates.

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Looks like a big push as I just received the update. Never this early for me in the past.
lol I just saw your message and checked mine and I had it waiting, too.

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

Looks like I just got 2023.10.01 ready to download as I pulled up at home.

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just received the notice for the update. Sort of want to wait, but also don’t want my R1S to brick due to 12v issues. Crossing my fingers, clenching up and updating…

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Finally! We can shut off the chirping bird! It was cute for a while, but became tiresome when close to the truck and it kept unlocking and locking.

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Finally! We can shut off the chirping bird! It was cute for a while, but became tiresome when close to the truck and it kept unlocking and locking.
I thought I would hate the chirping, but I rather like being able to walk away and hearing the confirmation of locking, as cheesy as the chirp is.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I thought I would hate the chirping, but I rather like being able to walk away and hearing the confirmation of locking, as cheesy as the chirp is.
I think I'd like to be able to reduce the volume a bit. It's obnoxious when you are still close to the vehicle and if Rivian improves PAK enough, I won't be out of earshot if it's half volume.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I don't want to go through the whole thread, but did anyone else get a warning about the 12V battery being too low and it couldn't start the 2023.10 update until they had charged?

It happened to me this morning, and the phone said the update failed. By the time I got out to check on it about an hour later, it must have charged the 12V batteries up, and it let me run the update, which it did without issue.

There's no big features of value for me, but one thing I noticed is I'm pretty sure they changed the sound for enabling TACC (and I don't really like the new sound), but I only had a chance to check it out tonight.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I don't want to go through the whole thread, but did anyone else get a warning about the 12V battery being too low and it couldn't start the 2023.10 update until they had charged?

It happened to me this morning, and the phone said the update failed. By the time I got out to check on it about an hour later, it must have charged the 12V batteries up, and it let me run the update, which it did without issue.

There's no big features of value for me, but one thing I noticed is I'm pretty sure they changed the sound for enabling TACC (and I don't really like the new sound), but I only had a chance to check it out tonight.
The sound got changed in the previous update.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
The sound got changed in the previous update.
Huh! I guess I just didn't notice it, even though I took a long trip and used TACC/lane centering extensively since then.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Couldn’t start the update via my app. Got it going on the truck and been stuck at 7% for 30 min or so.

Last edited:

Throwdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t launch edition#2650
Occupation
Technician
MST mine was available when I left for work at 730am, did it while I was at work. No issues to report. I had the extra 6.5 or whatever the number was update for the Driver+ on the early cars and since that update I would randomly get the assist system service required on startup. I hope this irons that out. I have never done any reset to mine at all but it has been to a service center once.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Couldn’t start the update via my app. Got it going on the truck and been stuck at 7% for 30 min or so.
app start worked fine for me. Did sit at preparing 0% for a long time

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Finally finished. My tailgate is not down 😕
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 2DC5F817-54B7-4BFF-ADEA-EE535AEBC6AA
Sponsored