Sponsored

macinbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Aerospace
I had Rivian mobile service rotate mine and it was only $65. Worth it for my situation. My service tech said 6k miles for street tires and 5k for all terrain tires.
Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I am considering getting my wheels powder coated I will need to put on a stand for a period if so. This might be a good solution

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I am considering getting my wheels powder coated I will need to put on a stand for a period if so. This might be a good solution
I was thinking the same thing.

A QuickJack 7000 is near 300lbs and costs over $2000 by the time you are done. It requires quite a bit of storage space, unless you build a wall mount (like I did for my 5000TL). Nevermind it's rated slightly under what you need. Now compare that to this setup x4 which looks to be around 120 pounds, takes up less space and costs < $600.

leftride

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
thanks for posting as others have said I didn't know these were a thing.

I was planning to rotate my tires this weekend, but my 3 ton jack didn't have enough height given 15" of clearance and figured I'd give up rotating my own tires, so this a great option!

Was going to take it into Discount Tire next week, but going to order a pair of these!

Last edited:

jb0063

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Super helpful. Thank you!

Thought I would share information on my first tire rotation at 6k miles. I have a couple of 4ton Jack stand/bottle jack combo units. They worked great with the pucks I purchased. It is a great time to clean off the brake calipers as well.

Here is what I used;
D81341A6-8E1D-4259-8282-958A7347B75F.jpeg

80EB776E-12D7-4AD3-B674-13101CE26F39.jpeg

Sponsored

leftride

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
big thanks again to SANZ02 for the inspiration. Did a successful rotation after purchasing:

2x Powerbuilt bottle jacks
Magnetic Jackpucks

the bottle jacks were great and will certainly be using them over my floor jack for most things going forward.

I also purchased 2 of these saddle pads, which didn’t end up using because there was too much deflection for my liking.

dekeen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Occupation
Consultant
big thanks again to SANZ02 for the inspiration. Did a successful rotation after purchasing:

Magnetic Jackpucks

the bottle jacks were great and will certainly be using them over my floor jack for most things going forward.

I also purchased 2 of these saddle pads, which didn’t end up using because there was too much deflection for my liking.
So I bought these jacks and tried them out today. Did the jack stand shift on you as you were jacking it up. I was also worried about the jack slipping out from under the puck because the top of the jack stand isn't flat. So I ended up putting a piece of 2x4 between the jack and puck. As I was lifting the truck the stand shifted and the 2x4 slipped out. Fortunately, no damage to the truck. Did you have any issues? Thanks

leftride

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So I bought these jacks and tried them out today. Did the jack stand shift on you as you were jacking it up. I was also worried about the jack slipping out from under the puck because the top of the jack stand isn't flat. So I ended up putting a piece of 2x4 between the jack and puck. As I was lifting the truck the stand shifted and the 2x4 slipped out. Fortunately, no damage to the truck. Did you have any issues? Thanks
I didn't have any issues with shifting. Did the truck roll? where you using wheel chocks?

I slowly raised the jacks and then made sure the pucks were centered and then jacked up the front and rear fairly evenly.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Thought I would share information on my first tire rotation at 6k miles. I have a couple of 4ton Jack stand/bottle jack combo units. They worked great with the pucks I purchased. It is a great time to clean off the brake calipers as well.

Here is what I used;

Fantastic job and the R1S looks amazing in Launch Green!! We have one on order and my wife just did her First Drive (says it's nicer than my truck - huh?) .

dekeen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Occupation
Consultant
I didn't have any issues with shifting. Did the truck roll? where you using wheel chocks?

I slowly raised the jacks and then made sure the pucks were centered and then jacked up the front and rear fairly evenly.
Thanks. I was only lifting the rear wheel. The truck wasn’t shifting forward or backwards. The rear tire was creeping toward the center of the truck, i guess because of the play left in the suspension. Even thought I did have it in its highest setting. Ill try doing both wheels at once and see what happens. May also try the saddle pads. Still just scares me a bit having the metal puck on the top of the jack with the u-shaped contact point. Any little shift could turn into a big issue with the wheel off.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ was it it "tire change mode" that would make a difference.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Magnetic Jackpucks

Thank you for your link to our Magnetic Jack Pucks, we appreciate it.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I went with this one: https://a.co/d/c6N28ZF @ $86

jack2.jpg
Update:

I tried this out for the first time today. For the rear lift positions, the lift range is inadequate (marginally) to get it high enough and engage the locking mechanism. However, It looks like it would work with 22" or 21" inch wheels. So, for the larger diameter ATs on 20s, I went with two stacked pucks (rear only) and I had no issues getting enough lift range.

Also note: Whenever you are lifting a vehicle and modifying the ride height (suspension or changing tire diameters) you have to take into account making sure you have enough lift range both before and AFTER your modification to ensure you can remove the jack. I lifted one notch more than needed and had no trouble getting the jack out after.

jb0063

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Here is what I used;

I tried this exact setup (same bottle jacks) on my R1T with the AT 20" and the jacks could not get high enough to get the tire up enough to not touch the garage floor. If I raised the jack extension to the first notch, the jack was too tall to get under the puck.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

I would love some opinions on what to do if you have a floor jack and jack stands. (as opposed to combo jack /jack stands.

I have a 3.5T DieHard floor jack and two tall jack stands. I was able to successfully rotate all 4 tires (one side at a time) but I wasn't totally comfortable with everything since I had to jack up the front by placing the floor jack on the lower control arm (I think that is what it is) with a pad and then, once it was up in the air with the tire off of the ground, I placed the jack stand with a puck in the lifting spot. I then used the floor jack to lift the rear tire off of the ground using a puck in the rear lifting spot.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better process? I just don't really like lifting with the jack using the front control arm.

The process worked but I feel like it was less than stable when lifting using the control arm since it isn't exactly a flat surface for the jack.
Sponsored